The 2023/2024 Season, Management, Trades, expectations

TheGuardian

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t trades, when made, get released to the press. I can’t remember a trade that was announced at a presser. 
If there is a trade I hope it’s Garland out. 

Could be bigger

Boeser/Garland and ? for Roy and Cernak.

No matter what is/will be significant being on a Sunday.

Trade is just sitting in a machine waiting.

Have you noticed most media hardly works as much on the weekend or Sunday.

Due to the time of the announcement most media might be asleep.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

No clause, they need cap space for Stamkos. Turmoil on the bench.

And Vancouver was going to do a deal very soon anyway using up the cap space they have. As much as everyone love Bear I don't think they would use it up on a player that hasn't declared himself fit yet. And they have lots of time to announce that if he was the principle

Speculation!

1 hour ago, TheGuardian said:

1 AM pacific time, 4 AM eastern time on a Sunday. It might be sitting on the fax machine waiting for someone to show up. Can't announced before registered I am sure.

Definitely not planned.

That is why I think it could be connected to Tampa.

The Hoglander tie is just because he was playing great and then suddenly benched. And his cap hit plus available space fit Cernak's cap hit. Tampa also has another large specimen making a lot less. Cernak is a little bit damaged goods as he has at least one concussion.

Wasn’t Hogs benched because he’s not so good at protecting a lead? Garland got sat too. It would be great if it was Garland out and Cernak in. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wasn’t Hogs benched because he’s not so good at protecting a lead? Garland got sat too. It would be great if it was Garland out and Cernak in. 

Could have been nothing. Both him Aman and Karlsson were the only one's that sat so maybe just the lead protection.

Pretty sure the announcement for the scrum was delayed so there were no leaks, so players heard from staff first. Could also be why, if a trade, not registered until everyone was in bed.

I speculate Cernak but whatever I think it will be big.

4 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

Could have been nothing. Both him Aman and Karlsson were the only one's that sat so maybe just the lead protection.

Pretty sure the announcement for the scrum was delayed so there were no leaks, so players heard from staff first. Could also be why, if a trade, not registered until everyone was in bed.

I speculate Cernak but whatever I think it will be big.

Karlsson got shifts in the last few minutes. Garland and Hogs were glued to the bench. 
It’s a Petey extension: 4x9.5

The empties have spoken. 🍾

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

All this attention and criticism of Hoglander I think is Tocchet greasing the wheels of a future trade. He may want Kuzmenko to ask for one.

This could be because these are not all Tocchet guys, his style of player.

Kuzmenko becomes the target because of the interest of the league/teams had in him

AND

Because 8 months of trying to trade Garland and Boeser without success has forced him to play them. Kuzmenko becomes the easiest target with the highest value.

It is hard to keep throwing Myers under the bus now because he just isn't being scored against playing with Zadorov and limited minutes.

Boeser has 18 goals, 7 in 3 games vs Edmonton and SanJose, 3 MT netters, and 8 PP and another year at 6.65 million after this one

Garland just hasn't fit here but 2 more years at 4.975 mil, way too much at the time of signing, I am sure he sends Benning a gift every payday.

Kuzmenko has 5 mil next season and that's it. He also has only 12 fewer goals than both Boeser and Garland combined since he has been here. 

This makes Kuzmenko the easiest to trade so he keeps putting him in no win situations, commenting on his lack of forechecking, which Boeser is worse at and blaming him for other players mistakes.

A recent example, after being benched for poor forechecking, Kuz goes in forechecking #1 guy, the #2 is Miller and #3 Boeser, Kuz cause the puck to go towards #3, Devil does this, Boeser doesn't get there the pass down the ice, Jack Hughes gets caught by Myers, Haula is the late Devil, Miller picks him up both Kuz and Boeser back check, Kuz beat Boeser back, puck in the corner, ZAD looks up and see's Haula covered by Miller so he goes to give Myers a passing option but Miller peels off calling to Myers for a pass, Boeser peels off to the right boards, Kuz to Myers side higher. Now Myers mistake, he does a blind pass which JHughes intercepts, he passes to Haula, in the net.

All this took about 7/8 seconds.

Myers is guilty of a blind pass. Miller is guilty of leaving his check early, Boeser is guilty of never being around the play at either end, Kuz is guilty of being too deep to get back after checking.

BUT WHO gets tarred and feathered? The best candidates for a trades. As it so happens that is the only goal of the six scored against the Canucks while Myers and Zadorov are on the ice.

Every criticism of Kuzmenko does not include his TEAM mates. Like he is solely responsible. And most times there isn't even a goal scored while he is on the ice.

Kuzmenko is in the middle of Tocchets railroad tracks and Tocchet can sell a refrigerator to an Eskimo.

Say it often enough and sooner or later more and more people will believe whether true or not.

Most Fans will hear what is repeated over and over, they will see what they are told to see, they will believe what they are told to believe.

The Canucks will have to make a trade for cap space.

They will probably have to move two significant contracts to make space, maybe three in/by the summer in addition of contracts coming off the books.

Rutherford/Alvin have shown what they can do to rapidly make improvements if they have cap space to use.

To get quality asset returns and move cap space who goes?

Only players with term left.

Boeser, Garland, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev. Who goes? Two have to go, three if Hronek gets his 7+ mil.

Big name players needing new deals, Pettersson now expected around 11/12 mil, Hronek now expected closer to 8 mil but over 7 mil.

These trades have to be mechanical, mathematical, heartless. And cost the team the least amount.

• TheGuardian changed the title to The 2023/2024 Season, Management, Trades, expectations