[PGT] Canucks @ Senators

John.Tallhouse

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, they're going to lose some games. And people will jump on the chance to say I told you so.

If you can't see that the team is playing some great hockey and are holding your breath for the bubble to burst (not you, but just in general) then you may be doing it wrong.

You take the good along with the bad...you don't just discount it because "it may not last". Right now, it's great and we've earned the right to celebrate. We've paid our dues and have taken flack from other teams. It's our turn to have some fun.

LOL I fell asleep and my son starting sending me Oilers memes. It's awesome, I got back up to join the party.

We will not sustain this winning percentage, unless your team Canada no team will. When the losses do come, I very much think this team now can bounce back quickly and turn it around with very little to no losing streaks or hurt feelings. Its built that way now, with all buying in, which makes for a scary playoff team. 

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, it's not really about getting "too high" or expecting this to last forever.

It's about finally get OUR time to celebrate and have a little fun.

Most of us know it's an 82 game season and this is a small slice of what'll happen. But, for now, the team is building chemistry, resilience and putting some points in the bag that, as we know all too well, are valuable. 

It's nice to be "out front" for once and not sinking into a hole that'll be tough to climb out of.

Let us have our moment(s)....they're well earned. 

Drance is an ass. I think he's a narcissistic angry man who's likely never played a sport in his life and secretly loves when teams fail. Except the Leafs. I don't even bother looking at his crap anymore. I'm glad Dhaliwal called him out.

Where did you see this, I enjoy seeing that smug prick get dunked on lol

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, they're going to lose some games. And people will jump on the chance to say I told you so.

If you can't see that the team is playing some great hockey and are holding your breath for the bubble to burst (not you, but just in general) then you may be doing it wrong.

You take the good along with the bad...you don't just discount it because "it may not last". Right now, it's great.

Which I find very odd. What are they trying to gain from that type of mentality? 

If you're a real fan, you should enjoy the success we're currently witnessing, not worry about whether we can sustain it or not. 

Or worse yet, sit lurking in the shadows, waiting to pounce on any opportunity to put the team down, and like you said - "I told you so." 

It's extremely bizarre, unless it's an intentional attempt to stir the pot. 

On a side note, I went to CDC and read the beginning of the "Red Wings trade Hronek..." thread. Lol! 

Too funny how some are always jumping to conclusions, and just outright enraged, before it comes back to bite them in the butt. 

Kind of like the "Burrows, do we really need him" thread!

End rant. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Vancan said:

We will not sustain this winning percentage, unless your team Canada no team will. When the losses do come, I very much think this team now can bounce back quickly and turn it around with very little to no losing streaks or hurt feelings. Its built that way now, with all buying in, which makes for a scary playoff team. 

This is a much better team than the one that took Vegas to game 7 during the bubble playoffs. 

They'll have their low points, but I can't see them crumbling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Our hearts were broken before. When canucks got Bruce there it is on a 7 game winning streak, and all wheels fell of. Some of us are more shall we say easy to get heart broken.. it's why I do see a more humble canucks team.  "Who do we think we are mentality" we are a bunch of nobodies who is working hard to get better as a group. If we can't get hand fed by buttman we have to will it out. There is no me or I in the interviews now.  No tire pumping on any player.  And for the oilers I'm thinking OWNer meddling lol.. mcbaby is the new era of the messier. He has a say who goes and stays in that locker room he is a poison. I hope the canucks players help to keep the eyes on the prize (Stanley cup) and not there pocket books.  Owners should of done everyone gets a paycut once we win the Stanley cup everyone will get 5 million cash bonus

End rant...

Nite

• Vintage 1

seth meyers no GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

they got away with one...
Ok in the first,..but got worse towards the end there..Batherson hitting the post before putting away the give away....some many give aways... ...Crap in the second...couldn't believe Chucky boy missed an open netter....then JT sniping one....hockey gods are smiling on them at the moment....and some Puck luck in the 3rd....well Petey puck luck at any rate, and even Petey didn't have a great game...that's difference this year....a game like that last year would have spelled disaster for the Nucks...but this time they walk out with a W...hopefully a better effort against the leafs

1 hour ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Listening to oilers post game and a caller just said “ the reason for the locker room trouble in oil town is most of the players are pro Palestine and they are revolting against management for being pro Israel and players have asked to be traded and are really pissed.”  I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. 

Their HF post game board is insane!it’s like watching flies fighting.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

A lot of our success isn't about who we're playing it's about how we're playing. 

Come out hard boys.

Yes!

And ive heard a few people chime in saying the Canucks have not played any really good or contending teams. To that I say oh what a short memory.

Lost to the Lightning.

Won against the Panthers

Lost in OT to the Rangers 

Shutout the Stars.

Again thats 5 out of 8 possible points against top contending teams.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Edmonton officially is in the running for Macklin Celebrini.  

Once they draft Celebrini, they will re-sign Leon Draisaitl and trade Connor McDavid...

Celebrini isn't gonna solve their problems. They'll have to trade Draisail to get an impact Dman like Heiskenen. All the offence in the world means nothing if they can't defend

1 minute ago, filthy animal said:

Celebrini isn't gonna solve their problems. They'll have to trade Draisail to get an impact Dman like Heiskenen. All the offence in the world means nothing if they can't defend

Yes, that is why I proposed they trade McDavid.  They should be able to get 1-2 elite players in return plus some picks and prospects...

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Exactly.

So many callers into post game shows or even posters here trying to lessen the team's achievements to date or to caution anyone excited that " hey, they can't win at this rate all year ".

So what? enjoy the wins, the best players on the team simply leading the league in production. Yes its fun, yes go celebrate, its ok to be excited and giddy over the Canucks!

To Drance's comments, yes the Canucks won four games against bottom dwellers. They won games they were supposed to. Thats a good thing. They also weren't 1 goal games. The Canucks had their way with their opponents those 4 games.

Well the Canucks haven't played any really good teams yet though. No, no they played some really good teams like the Stars, Rangers, Lightning, the Panthers. They earned 5 out of 8 points against Playoff contenders.

Have fun with this, enjoy the games. Cheer on our boys while they continue on this run and cheer harder when they need it!

Funny enough, recent years, the reason why we've missed the playoffs came down to the teams we were SUPPOSED to beat. To discredit the team for beating the team in front of them is truly idiotic, but then again its Thomas Drance.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Listening to oilers post game and a caller just said “ the reason for the locker room trouble in oil town is most of the players are pro Palestine and they are revolting against management for being pro Israel and players have asked to be traded and are really pissed.”  I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. 

Wtf

It's these types of wins that gives me confidence that they can keep it going. If I'm honest, this is the first time I'm allowing myself to have expectations this year even with how well everything is going. 

Even when they are off or they make a mistake, they fall back to a structure and the comfort of a simple game. The coaching staff has everyone buying in. Seeing it unfold before our eyes.. it's like I am born again. I now understand how "easy" it can be. The Tampa Bays of the world make sense.

It's exactly what this team seems to have needed and because of the individual skill on the roster they can pounce on the opportunities that end up presenting themselves. 

Brava. 

• Vintage 1