[PGT] Canucks @ Senators

John.Tallhouse

Didn't win the game with many smart plays but we out competed.

Oddly enough, out forwards were great defensively and mediocre offensively and our defense was good offensively but mediocre defensively. Overall there was enough ying and yang to balance it out.

Our first 4 minutes were absolutely amazing but then the boys looked gassed. Likely come out next game with more energy and no jet lag. 

2 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Like the accountability from Petey saying that wasn't his best game and saying his line was too soft. 

No lie detected. I thought Petey went long stretches looking invisible, like he didn't feel well. I thought Kuzzy and Mik were okay, but Petey was not sharp despite the goal and two assists, the quietest three-point game in history.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Didn't win the game with many smart plays but we out competed.

Oddly enough, out forwards were great defensively and mediocre offensively and our defense was good offensively but mediocre defensively. Overall there was enough ying and yang to balance it out.

Our first 4 minutes were absolutely amazing but then the boys looked gassed. Likely come out next game with more energy and no jet lag. 

Yes and no with the out compete. They out hit us, out shot us, better faceoff %, more blocked shots. It was just our lucky night, but agree let's get the swagger back in TO.

1 minute ago, Vancan said:

Yes and no with the out compete. They out hit us, out shot us, better faceoff %, more blocked shots. It was just our lucky night, but agree let's get the swagger back in TO.

Was it though? Or was it the structure that made the difference. I don't recall long periods of zone time for Ottawa like the Canucks had on multiple occasions. Neither goal was great, and the Tkachuk miss and the PP crossbar were their other two best chances, otherwise, like some other efforts against the Canucks this year, the team bent but they did not break, the structure allowed them to weather the storm with minimal damage, and the team  took better advantage of their opportunities.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I expect Beau to be traded within a couple of weeks. 

Blueger is going to b a huge add to the team. Very good defensive C and penalty killer

It'll give Miller more O zone starts and free hm up for more offensive zone starts. 

Right now Miller is taking 51% of his face off starts in the Dzone

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Fabulous season so far but not really looking forward to Celebrini playing with McDavid and Draisaitl 

I wouldn’t worry about it. By the time Celebrini will start making a difference at NHL level, both McDavid and Draisaitl will run away from their as UFAs.