[PGT] Canucks @ Senators

John.Tallhouse

Some of my takeaways:

The Miller line was good both defensively and offensively. 

Petey definitely had an off night....but then, 3 points

Ottawa outshot us, but didn't outplay us. They blocked a ton of shots

Our defense is so much improved

We came up short in faceoffs, hits, and possession time, and we still won. Our shooters can shoot

DeSmith is as good a backup as we could ask for

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, KFAN said:

Some of my takeaways:

The Miller line was good both defensively and offensively. 

Petey definitely had an off night....but then, 3 points

Ottawa outshot us, but didn't outplay us. They blocked a ton of shots

Our defense is so much improved

We came up short in faceoffs, hits, and possession time, and we still won. Our shooters can shoot

DeSmith is as good a backup as we could ask for

we have NHL calibre players in almost all positions, once we have bluegger in then our bottom six will be a legit nhl bottom 6, ex Bluegger is an everyday NHL 4C, not the best but good, Lafferty played more 4W than 4C, dries is not a NHL 3C like we used him for last year, Aman is more of an top AHLer right now, which is fine, 

we have a top 6 that is functioning well

we have 6 nhl d men - that is true - we are not leaning on solid AHLers like Wolanin, Juulsen, breezer etc, our back up is a legit nhl back up, not an AHL goalie like last year... see the benefit surrounding your core with actual nhl players....

• Upvote 2

Love the hustle in Suter. 

D have been really solid. Other than a few games  shots against us and on net this season is a huge difference. Trending the right way. How many games we went with no shots on net for 10 mins at a time.

This team feels different. As soon as they start sliding off the rails, they tighten back up. 

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

we have NHL calibre players in almost all positions, once we have bluegger in then our bottom six will be a legit nhl bottom 6, ex Bluegger is an everyday NHL 4C, not the best but good, Lafferty played more 4W than 4C, dries is not a NHL 3C like we used him for last year, Aman is more of an top AHLer right now, which is fine, 

we have a top 6 that is functioning well

we have 6 nhl d men - that is true - we are not leaning on solid AHLers like Wolanin, Juulsen, breezer etc, our back up is a legit nhl back up, not an AHL goalie like last year... see the benefit surrounding your core with actual nhl players....

Could you imagine what Alvin and Rutherford could have done without having the Benning limitations they inherited? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Did that girls man piss her off before this? She’s like f*ck you and your shitty Sens. These guys in blue are much cooler. 

Actually when I was living in Toronto. My buddy and I checked out a preseason game of Vancouver vs Toronto. We were in the nosebleeds. A girl the row in front right ahead of me wore a Canucks Jersey, with her boyfriend in a Leafs Jersey.  I had a Canucks T-Shirt. I think it was like 4-1 or something. When Vancouver scored the girl and I jumped up and cheered and gave each other high fives. The looks from her boyfriend was like ice. I think he was fuming by the end of the game. 😄

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Checked the Boxscore.

Once again. Not one Canuck was a minus player.

The Train Kept Rollin'!

Really good ice time deployment again too. No one was overworked for Saturday.

I think it's going to be a fun game, up until the 5 on 3  we will get called against us in the last minute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vancan said:

Could you imagine what Alvin and Rutherford could have done without having the Benning limitations they inherited? 

Evan Rodrigues, John Marino were rumoured to be targets but didn't work out for cap space issues... also barbashev and Gavrikov if we had the cap space would have been trade targets 

JR/PA clearly have good pro scouts... Cole, Friedman, bear, Soucy, hronek, milkeyhev, Kuzmenko, all pretty good identifications and targets by pro scouting, the amateur scouting has been good also but that takes longer to evaluate and more depends on development 

• Like 1