[PGT] Canucks @ Senators

John.Tallhouse

3 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

think the Canucks have shown what kind of difference competent management, coaching, and a few shrewd roster moves can make. The Oilers need the Rutherford + Tocchet treatment, except haha we got them first and we are awesome now so suck it Oilers!

Yup... Edmonton went from Chiarelli to Holland.  We go from Benning to Allvin.  Common thread... Boston cup.  Crossroads... Rutherford no longer GM... found a up with the times GM.  Edmonton went with experience a long standing GM.  Maybe Holland should change positions and become president lol!!

Edmonton hasn't changed in 10+ years.

Just now, Sergiomomesso said:

Listening to oilers post game and a caller just said “ the reason for the locker room trouble in oil town is most of the players are pro Palestine and they are revolting against management for being pro Israel and players have asked to be traded and are really pissed.”  I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. 

y200.gif

2 hours ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Was it though? Or was it the structure that made the difference. I don't recall long periods of zone time for Ottawa like the Canucks had on multiple occasions. Neither goal was great, and the Tkachuk miss and the PP crossbar were their other two best chances, otherwise, like some other efforts against the Canucks this year, the team bent but they did not break, the structure allowed them to weather the storm with minimal damage, and the team  took better advantage of their opportunities.

Tocchet > DJ Smith. That is all.

• ThereItIs 2

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, it's not really about getting "too high" or expecting this to last forever.

It's about finally get OUR time to celebrate and have a little fun.

Most of us know it's an 82 game season and this is a small slice of what'll happen. But, for now, the team is building chemistry, resilience and putting some points in the bag that, as we know all too well, are valuable. 

It's nice to be "out front" for once and not sinking into a hole that'll be tough to climb out of.

Let us have our moment(s)....they're well earned. 

Drance is an ass. I think he's a narcissistic angry man who's likely never played a sport in his life and secretly loves when teams fail. Except the Leafs. I don't even bother looking at his crap anymore. I'm glad Dhaliwal called him out.

Agreed Lets not forget Vancouver has been a team the last few years that has seemed like they were missing something to just edge them into playoff contention. They would lose games by 1 goal a lot over the last few years. I think people misunderstood how good this team actually was. Retooling the bottom 6 has worked out for the Canucks it something they needed to do. I think if they can grab another top 4 RD it could push them into a Stanley cup contender. Where they acquire this defenseman is beyond me. As the season normalizes though we should see where this team is at or they could continue to win who knows what is going to happen going forward. At the end of the day they are winning and the fanbase is get rewarded with how well the season is going thus far. I have been on both sides of the argument that this team needed to embrace rebuild/retool whatever needed to get done to get this team to start looking like a playoff team again. I believe in PA and JR have this team on the right track which is why they are the professionals and not me.

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

10-2-1 21 points   69 games left.

If they falter to a .500 pace, from here on, they still end up with 90 points

Really nice to be on this side of the points pace.

It's pretty obvious they will make the playoffs. Where they place and how healthy they will be is the mystery.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Edmonton officially is in the running for Macklin Celebrini.  

Once they draft Celebrini, they will re-sign Leon Draisaitl and trade Connor McDavid...

Trade McDavid? I suppose they did with Wayne, so anything is possible. But oilers recently hiring his agent in a fancy organization role, may keep him there. 

27 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, it's not really about getting "too high" or expecting this to last forever.

It's about finally get OUR time to celebrate and have a little fun.

Most of us know it's an 82 game season and this is a small slice of what'll happen. But, for now, the team is building chemistry, resilience and putting some points in the bag that, as we know all too well, are valuable. 

It's nice to be "out front" for once and not sinking into a hole that'll be tough to climb out of.

Let us have our moment(s)....they're well earned. 

Drance is an ass. I think he's a narcissistic angry man who's likely never played a sport in his life and secretly loves when teams fail. Except the Leafs. I don't even bother looking at his crap anymore. I'm glad Dhaliwal called him out.

That guy is a shit show! We put deadmunton where they belong season opener they were the team to make the playoffs.. but we blew them out of the water and they sinking since then.

• Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

That’s the wrong way to look at that. Typical Downer Drance. We played the supposed 2024 Stanley Cup champs three times. The Oilers would be sitting at 11 points if they won those 3 games. Part of their self destruction is a result of Canuck butchery.

A team that Drance prior to the season said would be the top in the West. 

I really hate that guy.

Canucks have the greatest start to franchise history. He has to always be negative.

I mean, not to self report. But I also been a little bit tempered with my excitement cause of the early schedule. I am super excited from what I seen though. The Dallas game was a pretty big game for the boys and is a glimpse of what this team can do against good teams. It's not necessarily a bad thing to keep things in perspective. The team is winning games it should be, that is a good thing. But I am definitely looking forward to seeing this new look Canucks tested against the better teams in the league.

5 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Exactly.

So many callers into post game shows or even posters here trying to lessen the team's achievements to date or to caution anyone excited that " hey, they can't win at this rate all year ".

So what? enjoy the wins, the best players on the team simply leading the league in production. Yes its fun, yes go celebrate, its ok to be excited and giddy over the Canucks!

To Drance's comments, yes the Canucks won four games against bottom dwellers. They won games they were supposed to. Thats a good thing. They also weren't 1 goal games. The Canucks had their way with their opponents those 4 games.

Well the Canucks haven't played any really good teams yet though. No, no they played some really good teams like the Stars, Rangers, Lightning, the Panthers. They earned 5 out of 8 points against Playoff contenders.

Have fun with this, enjoy the games. Cheer on our boys while they continue on this run and cheer harder when they need it!

And guys like Drance predicted that those bottom dwellers would be at the top. 

He fails to recognize that we helped PUT them in the basement.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Rolling

Not a Picasso

2 pts back of Vegas with a game in hand. 

DeSmith is excellent backup.   3-0-1

There was a time Spencer Martin was 3-0-3.

Seems super composed, just like to see him I some more games