[PGT] Canucks @ Senators

John.Tallhouse

5 hours ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Listening to oilers post game and a caller just said “ the reason for the locker room trouble in oil town is most of the players are pro Palestine and they are revolting against management for being pro Israel and players have asked to be traded and are really pissed.”  I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. 

Did he have an Indian accent?  

• ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

That’s the wrong way to look at that. Typical Downer Drance. We played the supposed 2024 Stanley Cup champs three times. The Oilers would be sitting at 11 points if they won those 3 games. Part of their self destruction is a result of Canuck butchery.

A team that Drance prior to the season said would be the top in the West. 

I really hate that guy.

Canucks have the greatest start to franchise history. He has to always be negative.

5 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Drance is an ass. I think he's a narcissistic angry man who's likely never played a sport in his life and secretly loves when teams fail. Except the Leafs. I don't even bother looking at his crap anymore. I'm glad Dhaliwal called him out.

4 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

To Drance's comments, yes the Canucks won four games against bottom dwellers. They won games they were supposed to. Thats a good thing. They also weren't 1 goal games. The Canucks had their way with their opponents those 4 games.

This is a rare moment, but I gotta defend Drance here. It was satire. Sarcasm can be hard to catch, especially in written form. #negativeguy was the tell.

He's playing into the narrative that he is overly negative and poking fun at himself and in this case alos the Oilers. I respect that but also happen to love self-deprecating humor. He should get some cred for owning it.  

@-dlc- Deb, I'm curious about Dhaliwal calling him out. I don't wanna miss out on that. 

I tried to find it on my own but the only thing I could find was Drance telling a story how Rick blew him off in a phone call when an agent called them both. 

Was it in a recent interview? Thanks in advance! 

6 hours ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Listening to oilers post game and a caller just said “ the reason for the locker room trouble in oil town is most of the players are pro Palestine and they are revolting against management for being pro Israel and players have asked to be traded and are really pissed.”  I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. 

Lol what a load of shit

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Did Vancouver totally re-jig our scouting staff?

Looks like Delorme, and Gradin are still there.

Because man have they been good the past 18 months.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/team/scouting-staff

As I am super curious about things like that myself I decided to look into it. I check those pages every year for updates. After quite a lot of what now seems like a giant time waste, I can pretty confidently conclude that the Canucks have not updated their website or anyone else for that matter about who is on the current staff. 

To answer your question, I have no idea. I thought I did. 

Check the spoiler for my brilliant work... 

Spoiler

I take a look at that page every year and try to keep tabs. I am relying heavily on my ability to remember a face here.

Pro scouting: 
- Brett Henning (returning, promoted to director of pro scouting)

- Brian Chapman (returning)

- Lou Crawford (returning)
- Neil Komadoski (returning)
- Scott Young hired in off-season as new director of player-personell (https://www.eliteprospects.com/staff/7415/scott-young)

Amateur scouting:

Ron Delorme (returning)

Thomas Gradin (returning)

Todd Harvey (returning, director)

Wyatt Smith (returning)

Martin Bakula (returning)

Sergei Chibisov (returning)

Vincent Montalbano (returning - I think?)
Phil Golding (returning)
Bobbie Hagelin (new) 

Frank Golden (new)

Mark Gasper (new)
Billy Pugliese (new)
Pier-Alexandre Poulin (great name, new)

After doing all that and now realizing it was a giant time waste, I'm happy I've found this in the end: Eliteprospects show staff profiles and history on all team pages. This includes past seasons even for the staff. https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/77/vancouver-canucks - I think they've only Chibisov and Harvey listed for this season 

I'm uncertain Montalbano is still a scout for the Canucks this year. He's on the canucks website but not listed on EP. For this season they have him as the General Manager of the Connecticut Jr. Rangers. A role he's had for quite a few years in combination with his scouting role with the Canucks. 

The more I look into it, I'm not sure the Canucks have updated their own website or anyone else with whos working for them. 

11 hours ago, Devron said:

Ok last time, I have to. I just love that old thread.

Who here is actually happy with the Hronek trade?

I was happy when we moved Horvat and snatched up NYI first round pick. I was thrilled when we traded in for Hronek. 

But ill admit I've got some old posts on cdc I'm glad people can't dig up now. Lol

• Like 1

Well, it's been two games of being significantly outplayed, yet still pulling out a win and that's usually the signal that you're getting a bit complacent in a winning streak and it's end is near.  I just hope they've got one more in them on Saturday.  But, they can't play against Mathews the way they did against the Oilers and Sens.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Yes!

And ive heard a few people chime in saying the Canucks have not played any really good or contending teams. To that I say oh what a short memory.

Lost to the Lightning.

Won against the Panthers

Lost in OT to the Rangers 

Shutout the Stars.

Again thats 5 out of 8 possible points against top contending teams.

Plus, we turned a couple 'sure contenders' into sure losers.

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Edmonton officially is in the running for Macklin Celebrini.  

Once they draft Celebrini, they will re-sign Leon Draisaitl and trade Connor McDavid...

What the Oilers really need is a goaltender and address their defense. 

If things continue the way they do for the Oilers, I can see Leon not wanting to extend. 

7 hours ago, -dlc- said:

We've become that team again that can pull out wins without our A game. Haven't seen that since the Twins were in their prime. Exciting times. 

Great thing is, the guys know they didn't play well. Excited for Saturday. I think they'll play a very detail oriented game for a full 60

Another win. I'm soooo stoked on their successful season thus far. I mean, I follow these guys no matter what. It's just great to be behind a winner again; something we couldn't really say for some time now. My take.......

Dudes seem to have lost their legs in the 2nd. Had me worried a bit that road fatigue had set in early; eastern road swings never easy for west division teams. But......We triumphed. Albeit being outshot and not really one of our stellar performances. Good on ya' Casey! Thanks.

There's definitely parody in the NHL, especially in the Pacific. Who'da thought the Alberta teams would be so bad. Coilers lose to the Sharks, Huberdaeu benched for an entire period.......Us being soooooo good! 

Well. Really shouldn't puff out our chests just yet. It's still early, but wowzers! Mid November and we're still rollin'. Who'da thunk, man.......

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!😄🙃🙂🙃

7 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Exactly.

So many callers into post game shows or even posters here trying to lessen the team's achievements to date or to caution anyone excited that " hey, they can't win at this rate all year ".

So what? enjoy the wins, the best players on the team simply leading the league in production. Yes its fun, yes go celebrate, its ok to be excited and giddy over the Canucks!

To Drance's comments, yes the Canucks won four games against bottom dwellers. They won games they were supposed to. Thats a good thing. They also weren't 1 goal games. The Canucks had their way with their opponents those 4 games.

Well the Canucks haven't played any really good teams yet though. No, no they played some really good teams like the Stars, Rangers, Lightning, the Panthers. They earned 5 out of 8 points against Playoff contenders.

Have fun with this, enjoy the games. Cheer on our boys while they continue on this run and cheer harder when they need it!

Yeah I mean we beat up the sens while not playing our best game. The same sens team that have beaten the lightning, pens and the leafs. 

Anyone that can't see that the canucks aren't playing well obviously didn't watch the games or are in denial

2 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

This is a rare moment, but I gotta defend Drance here. It was satire. Sarcasm can be hard to catch, especially in written form. #negativeguy was the tell.

It can be almost impossible to catch when the 'reporter' has pissed everybody off for so long, nobody reads him.

• Cheers 1