[PGT] Canucks @ Senators

John.Tallhouse

59 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Yeah. I'm thinking of the Ranger game when we had two lengthy 5 on 3's called against us. That second penalty on the last 5 on 3, though it was a penalty, it was of the of the soft variety and needn't have been called. The Rangers do not win that game without the 5 on 3's.

Having said that, the NHL game management is nowhere as blatant and as obvious as it was about 10 years ago. I'm remembering our playoff series against the Sharks in 2013. It was about that time that Cheech would often correctly predict a penalty call in the last couple of minutes of a game if the Canucks were leading by a goal. The NHL Officiating Department at maybe it's lowest and darkest moment.

I just expect we will get one or two PPs early and the leafs will be given them late.

1 hour ago, Veskit said:

Before people get too far on the shot clock conspiracy thing.  Remember that we had at least 3-4 shots in the sequence following Boeser's goal (at least 2 high quality ones too) that would have been removed because the time was set back to 15 seconds into the game.

We owned them at the start, I watched it with my own eyes.   Even screamed "That's IN!" because I saw that it was too.   It kept going on for awhile until the stoppage. 

Sens were the better team maybe, but we also owned them on high danger shots and made them count (9-3?) and Garland had a couple missed shots lol, 3 in the slot that I saw anyways.   The 3rd period was just fine as well.    EP is sneaky good.  Miller rattled some cages, yes it wasn't our best game.   And no the Sens didn't ice their best team either.  We win, maybe we can start complaining when we lose a few in a row?   Remember those  "wins" when we lost and called them wins anyways?    Good riddance hopefully.

Edit:  QHs didn't have a great game.   Hronek saved his butt twice.  De-Smith wasn't good at handling the puck, fine when in his net though.   Our bottom six and D defended well to keep almost everything outside.   Nicest goal - Batherson.    No "morale" victory here, we beat them 5-2, move on.   I've seen TB suck and Vasilevsky win games.   It wasn't De-Smith either although he's solid.   

Edited by IBatch

16 hours ago, sxqhfeh said:

@tas should the players not be feeling like this? Should they be happy they won after a decade of futility and not complain? 

I'm happy that the players feel and see how the game went exactly how I saw the game. 

This is the best thing about Tocchet. He is precisely clear on how he wants the team to play so when they don't play that way, we the fans see it and the players know it as well and own it. 

Again, we are all canucks fan and are happy about the win but I think it's fair to call a spade a spade. There's nothing wrong with that. 

• Thanks 1

Ray Ferraro doing color for Canucks game vs OTT was something a lot of people were looking forward to.

I don't think he impressed much. At least for me he wasn't all that great. 

Maybe he'll get better as time goes but he is more a national guy where he knows a bit about all the teams as opposed to a lot about one team..

Shorty pulled the weight and helped Ray out a lot. And imo Ray wasn't that great. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

@tas should the players not be feeling like this? Should they be happy they won after a decade of futility and not complain? 

I'm happy that the players feel and see how the game went exactly how I saw the game. 

This is the best thing about Tocchet. He is precisely clear on how he wants the team to play so when they don't play that way, we the fans see it and the players know it as well and own it. 

Again, we are all canucks fan and are happy about the win but I think it's fair to call a spade a spade. There's nothing wrong with that. 

the fact that the players feel that way means that the fans don't need to. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ray Ferraro doing color for Canucks game vs OTT was something a lot of people were looking forward to.

I don't think he impressed much. At least for me he wasn't all that great. 

Maybe he'll get better as time goes but he is more a national guy where he knows a bit about all the teams as opposed to a lot about one team..

Shorty pulled the weight and helped Ray out a lot. And imo Ray wasn't that great. 

Wow. Do you like anything? I thought he was great.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, tas said:

the fact that the players feel that way means that the fans don't need to. 

We're just fans. It's not like I have a bat phone going to JR's office. We are passionate about the team and discuss all aspects (both the good and the bad) 

I think it's completely ok to discuss how the team played on a discussion forum. In fact I think it's silly for you to say what we need to or don't need to say. 

The team is winning which is awesome. Pretty much all of us realized the game wasn't too clean but glad we got the win. The team / players realized that too. 

So what is wrong with that? 

If anything, I think its wrong to look down on other fans because in your opinion, we should just be happy and waive our pompoms. 

Lol why can't I waive my pompoms and talk about the game at the same time? 

Also why should I have to wait to write what I want to write depending on what the players think of the game? 

if they think or saw the game as I saw it, we shouldn't bother posting? 

9 minutes ago, tas said:

they add it to their coffee.

We use any gas

It helps the economy. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Fun fact

Anthony Beauvillier has been on the ice for 2 goals against in 13GP. 1 shorthanded and 1 at 5v5. He also has 7TKA 0GVA

Im torn with AB. Not a prototypical bottom 6 guy but at this point, he's not costing the team. In fact, he's quietly chipped in 5 pts without being a defensive liability. 

If there was an injury in the top 6, he'd probably be the likeliest candidate to move up and migbt actually put up a lot of points. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, tas said:

there's been a decade of toxic negativity. I just feel like we could hold off on the critiquing of anything that's less than perfection. 

the first 5 minutes the team played insanely good, then the rest of the way they played as well as they needed to to win the game handily. 

I'm personally going to be focusing on the positives and I'll continue to encourage others to do the same. 

Exactly. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

there's been a decade of toxic negativity. I just feel like we could hold off on the critiquing of anything that's less than perfection. 

the first 5 minutes the team played insanely good, then the rest of the way they played as well as they needed to to win the game handily. 

I'm personally going to be focusing on the positives and I'll continue to encourage others to do the same. 

I think that's a great outlook. 

I looked back at this pgt and don't see much negativity though. 

Im actually puzzled why you think this. It almost seems like you're being overly sensitive. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think that's a great outlook. 

I looked back at this pgt and don't see much negativity though. 

Im actually puzzled why you think this. It almost seems like you're being overly sensitive. 

much the same way some members were pointing out that this slight slide in execution the last couple games could lead to bad habits creeping back in, I'm trying to do my part to nip negativity in the bud. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

much the same way some members were pointing out that this slight slide in execution the last couple games could lead to bad habits creeping back in, I'm trying to do my part to nip negativity in the bud. 

Those types of fans will always do that though. Armchair coaches. 

6 minutes ago, tas said:

Ok great. I'll add to your enthusiasm and say the canucks despite not playing their best have kept pulling off wins and have shown they can win when not at their best. I'm excited for tomorrows game. I hope they play a strong focused game as the Leafs will be a tougher task... 

Wait... I think i wrote that already in this thread... 

Was that too negative? 

Should I be writing

Yay, the canucks are on a 5 game win streak. I hope they play well tomorrow! 

If every post is like this, it would quickly become a boring place where you don't discuss hockey but rather come celebrate wins. 

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Those types of fans will always do that though. Armchair coaches. 

No thanks to armchair coaching. RT has it under control. Got full faith in the guy. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, tas said:

As is your right

19 minutes ago, tas said:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Ok great. I'll add to your enthusiasm and say the canucks despite not playing their best have kept pulling off wins and have shown they can win when not at their best. I'm excited for tomorrows game. I hope they play a strong focused game as the Leafs will be a tougher task... 

Wait... I think i wrote that already in this thread... 

Was that too negative? 

Should I be writing

Yay, the canucks are on a 5 game win streak. I hope they play well tomorrow! 

If every post is like this, it would quickly become a boring place where you don't discuss hockey but rather come celebrate wins. 

No thanks to armchair coaching. RT has it under control. Got full faith in the guy. 

discussing hockey doesn't have to mean picking apart every little thing. 

• Vintage 1