[PGT] Canucks @ Senators

John.Tallhouse

Fun fact. General Aviation Fuel (AVGas) is Leaded. They have been trying to get Unleaded aviation fuel for years because they know the health risks burning leaded gasoline.

Only now are they finding substitutes that don't cause long term issues with aero engines (Not Jet engines), That's what cool about Diamond Aviation. They are using converted Mercdes Benz diesels to run on jet fuel. (Aka Austro Engines)

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Thomas was great but their entire team also played insane team defence. Schnieder could have given them that one win in Boston had he started. Luongo shite the bed so we'll never know.

Ugly numbers lol

if this team coulda sealed it in game 3 with 8PP attempts, we coulda won with Luongo in 5 games. We gave up 2 shorties on 8 PP attempts..... and they scored I think 2-3 goals on the PP? it was ugly.... 

• Cheers 3

20 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Shorty did. I thought Tomlinson was better. 

Yes I thought so too.

Like I said he may well get better as time goes on and hopefully does.

He's going to have to put in a lot of work to learn Canucks' past and present and not just come on and wing it with his knowledge of the league.

There a lot of details and minor stats and tidbits the color guy usually brings up and I found Ray didn't have anything to offer in that regard. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Ray Ferraro doing color for Canucks game vs OTT was something a lot of people were looking forward to.

I don't think he impressed much. At least for me he wasn't all that great. 

Maybe he'll get better as time goes but he is more a national guy where he knows a bit about all the teams as opposed to a lot about one team..

Shorty pulled the weight and helped Ray out a lot. And imo Ray wasn't that great. 

Well, it was his first attempt.  He will improve with time.  He's got a lot of hockey knowledge, so

that should help.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yes I thought so too.

He's going to have to put in a lot of work to learn Canucks' past and present and not just come on and wing it with his knowledge of the league.

There a lot of details and minor stats and tidbits the color guy usually brings up and I found Ray didn't have anything to offer in that regard. 

True. Can’t just jump into the role. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, stawns said:

Well, it's been two games of being significantly outplayed, yet still pulling out a win and that's usually the signal that you're getting a bit complacent in a winning streak and it's end is near.  I just hope they've got one more in them on Saturday.  But, they can't play against Mathews the way they did against the Oilers and Sens.

I completely disagree with your assessment that the Canucks were "significantly outplayed" by Oilers and sens.

The Oilers came out swinging in the first 10 minutes, but they really didn't threaten at all in the 2nd and 3rd. Vancouver was definitely not outplayed in that game. Shot clock doesn't tell a whole story. Despite the Oilers record, they still have a ton of talent and canucks managed that very well.

Against Ottawa canucks came out firing and to Ottawa's credit they rallied. They didn't let up. Vancouver kept on a steady pace and never seemed out of it. Ottawa had more stints of sustained pressure for sure, but that's hockey.

Rarely is a team completely dominant for an entire 60 minutes. Momentum changes. The sign of a good team is to stay the course and find a way to win.

The team knows they can do better, but they also seem like they know when to turn it up. They will be fired up and ready for tomorrow.

Edited by JayDangles
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Well, it was his first attempt.  He will improve with time.  He's got a lot of hockey knowledge, so

that should help.

Yeah I'm definitely willing to give him some rope. One of the few talking heads out there that played the game in the trenches and was great at it. He's a little snarly, like he played, but I have a lot of respect for his knowledge and patronage to the game. 

38 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yes I thought so too.

I'm kinda glad I listened to the radio feed.

I know Ray knows a lot but he just rubs me the wrong way. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I completely disagree with your assessment that the Canucks were "significantly outplayed" by Oilers and sens.

The Oilers came out swinging in the first 10 minutes, but they really didn't threaten at all in the 2nd and 3rd. Vancouver was definitely not outplayed in that game. Shot clock doesn't tell a whole story. Despite the Oilers record, they still have a ton of talent and canucks managed that very well.

Against Ottawa canucks came out firing and to Ottawa's credit they rallied. They didn't let up. Vancouver kept on a steady pace and never seemed out of it. Ottawa had more stints of sustained pressure for sure, but that's hockey.

Rarely is a team completely dominant for an entire 60 minutes. Momentum changes. The sign of a good team is to stay the course and find a way to win.

The team knows they can do better, but they also seem like they know when to turn it up. They will be fired up and ready for tomorrow.

And that's what they did. After Ottawa's sustained pressure and tying the game, JT scores the 3-2, winning goal and we won the turd! 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Agree, how many times have we seen that in the past few years where good teams have played average but stuck to their system before overpowering the Canucks.

Good value wins this year for the Canucks unlike past years. Always areas to improve on but this team is now playing like a team. Great to see.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm kinda glad I listened to the radio feed.

I know Ray knows a lot but he just rubs me the wrong way. 

I used to find him TOO hyper and fast talking....but I really enjoyed the job he did last game. Was toned down just enough.

• Cheers 2

Hard for anyone to measure up to the great chemistry Cheech had with Shorty working together so long and the near perfect balance of comic relief and lived NHL experience that made up much of Garrett's commentary

Tomlinson, for me, was a total dud and I'm counting the days until his tenure is done

I'm a big fan of Ferraro so am clearly biased. Always appreciated the insights he brought to international competition and the various games he'd show up on throughout the seasons. He has tons of on ice AND broadcast experience and has known Shorthouse for years so their off camera chemistry combined with their pro experience will only serve them well over time.

Can't wait until their doing the majority of our games together all season long.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1