Oiler Abuse

soggy

25 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I'm actually not putting the blame on Woodcroft. He is actually trying to get a defensive structure in place that the superstars won't buy into. He could of left it as is and probably kept his job but and would of been a playoff team at best. I blame Holland with too many bad, bad moves, or lack of moves. I blame the superstars who are so predictable and only have eyes for each other and refuse to round out their games. 

Exactly, me too.

I actually kind of feel sorry for him. He's tried to defend the team recently and his demise is their doing. I feel that the Oilers expected to win and are learning it takes more than just being the best player(s). You have to play together as a team.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Exactly, me too.

I actually kind of feel sorry for him. He's tried to defend the team recently and his demise is their doing. I feel that the Oilers expected to win and are learning it takes more than just being the best player(s). You have to play together as a team.

Myself, and I'm pretty sure it was you as well, have been calling out McD for years. It started there on the ice. So one dimensional. Crosby did it all and by example. McD is just the complete opposite and it's now easy for everyone to see.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Myself, and I'm pretty sure it was you as well, have been calling out McD for years. It started there on the ice. So one dimensional. Crosby did it all and by example. McD is just the complete opposite and it's now easy for everyone to see.

As Crosby's natural skill has declined, he's still found ways to get it done. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

McD's game has not grown. The pundits will claim it has, but it really hasn't. Very predictable and one dimensional 

his thing has always been doing the dekey stuff at high speed. But as soon as he declines a little in either area, he's pretty easy to game manage. DraiBaby is really the only dangerous player on that team right now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

6E53F362-B2CF-42F3-9825-0E517E48D139.jpeg

Yikes could be the pot calling the kettle black joke😗

Oilers fan could say, ya maybe, but we won multiple cups so you have been rebuilding since your inception in 1970

(Still funny on initial viewing for me- till I realized we have never experienced a cup)😥

Spoiler

Both Edmonton and Toronto seem to have a bunch of top players who somehow think they are entitled to win games.  That doesn't bode well for becoming champions.  It also makes it easier for things to go south as they put the blame everywhere else when hitting adversity.

I think we have a skewed perspective with having our Captains and leadership groups over the years be the most hardworking, team oriented, and accountable guys in the room.

I think Edmonton is badly constructed, and likely needs to altered fairly drastically.  Tough to do with cap issues.  On the plus side for them, whenever they have a lottery pick they win first overall... so Celebrini will be their consolation prize.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

Oilers are broken for sure. So much wrong from top to bottom. Looking at the bigger picture, this is the beginning of what could be five to ten years of crap for that franchise. Will all depend on weather or not they have the courage to start a rebuild. They won't, thus this will take a decade to fix.

i dont think its that broken... they just have to buy out nurse and campbell... minnesota is competitive right?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

Yikes could be the pot calling the kettle black joke😗

Oilers fan could say, ya maybe, but we won multiple cups so you have been rebuilding since your inception in 1970

(Still funny on initial viewing for me- till I realized we have never experienced a cup)😥

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah but the "we won" is 35 years ago so it's kind of past the best before date in regard to bragging rights.

In the here and now, Edmonton SHOULD be better than they are if "on paper" matters. Clearly it doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Yeah but the "we won" is 35 years ago so it's kind of past the best before date in regard to bragging rights.

In the here and now, Edmonton SHOULD be better than they are if "on paper" matters. Clearly it doesn't.

C'mon Deb.........it will be 34 years by the time the next cup is awarded.  Get your facts straight  😛 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Will you be offering tips and pointers in this thread on how to abuse them more efficiently?

Slide shows maybe???

🙂

if it keeps thriving, expect weekly presentations on zoom along with a free handbook!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

i dont think its that broken... they just have to buy out nurse and campbell... minnesota is competitive right?

No prospects, superstars that will almost most likely leave. Minnesota had prospect depth and a team that played the right way when the buyouts were made. Oilers are an absolute mess.

• Thanks 1