Oiler Abuse

On 11/10/2023 at 3:30 PM, Snoop Hogg said:

6E53F362-B2CF-42F3-9825-0E517E48D139.jpeg

I would even argue that this has been the case since 1993.  Outside of some minor playoff upsets against Dallas and Colorado during the late 90’s (the Weight/Arnott era), the Oilers were pretty lackluster through the mid-late 90’s as well.

• Cheers 1

Oilers and Kraken are going to be very dangerous first round opponents if they make it into the playoffs.  Both teams got off to slow starts to start the season but have been absolute fire ever since.   

As happy as I am with how the Canucks have performed this season, Edmonton is not one team that I’d like to play in the first round.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Edmonton barely beat Chicago. They aren't a Cup winning team. When you have Adam Erne and Derek Ryan on the fourth line, you ain't winning shit. Goaltending is not reliable in any way. 

In a seven-game series, the Canucks would eviscerate them.

That is what worries me of Canada's Goaltending for the Olympics

We have no top young goalies in the NHL

We need Oilers to make Skinner a goalie 🤨

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Quebec needs to step it up. 

Yeah I don't know what happened to Canadian goaltending, we would be at the bottom of the top 6 countries in goaltending and we all know championships are built from the goalie out and Goalie is our weakest position and achilles heel

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 1/12/2024 at 2:43 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Evander Kane’s ex-wife is a psychopath.  I’m starting to believe that Evander wasn’t the problem.  No wonder she lost custody of their daughter.  Thanks God…

She looks nasty af. Lips are way too fat. Trying too hard to be a Kardashian clone. Bet she dyes her hair dark next. 

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2024 at 4:35 AM, Jeremy Hronek said:

Oilers and Kraken are going to be very dangerous first round opponents if they make it into the playoffs.  Both teams got off to slow starts to start the season but have been absolute fire ever since.   

As happy as I am with how the Canucks have performed this season, Edmonton is not one team that I’d like to play in the first round.

You wouldn't like to play against an AHL blueline and goalie?

1 hour ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

It’s that kind of thinking that got Calgary into trouble back in 2022.  Oilers will always be tough to play against as long as they have McDrai.

Not unless McDiver and Crysaitl decide they actually care about winning, start backchecking, and cut the diving and tantrums out.  Neither of those gutless cowards are winners.  The Oilers simply are not a good hockey team and will get exposed in the playoffs, same as they do every year.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Not unless McDiver and Crysaitl decide they actually care about winning, start backchecking, and cut the diving and tantrums out.  Neither of those gutless cowards are winners.  The Oilers simply are not a good hockey team and will get exposed in the playoffs, same as they do every year.

I can’t remember how they did last year but they made the 3rd round in 2022 and absolutely dismantled Calgary. Although they got swept by Colorado, I remember the Avs talking about how difficult each game was.  

I don’t like the Oilers much either but that offense is absolutely scary when clicking.  Calgary’s defense was razor sharp in 2022 and they got absolutely dismantled.  The Oilers broke Markstrom.

5 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I can’t remember how they did last year but they made the 3rd round in 2022 and absolutely dismantled Calgary. Although they got swept by Colorado, I remember the Avs talking about how difficult each game was.  

I don’t like the Oilers much either but that offense is absolutely scary when clicking.  Calgary’s defense was razor sharp in 2022 and they got absolutely dismantled.  The Oilers broke Markstrom.

Calgary was not good that great, electing to ice a top line without anyone who belonged in a men's league.  Beating that joke of a team wasn't impressive.  Bottom line is that the only actual NHLer on Edmonton's blueline is Ekholm.  That's not a recipe for success, especially when their captain is a locker room cancer.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Calgary was not good that great, electing to ice a top line without anyone who belonged in a men's league.  Beating that joke of a team wasn't impressive.  Bottom line is that the only actual NHLer on Edmonton's blueline is Ekholm.  That's not a recipe for success, especially when their captain is a locker room cancer.

Didn’t Calgary have Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk as their first line that year?  

As far as Edmonton goes, while Nurse is significantly overpaid, he’s still a bonafide 2nd pairing calibre defenseman that wouldn’t look completely out of place on a top pairing.  

McDavid is a lockerroom cancer?  

Sorry man but I think we might have to agree to disagree with the above. I’m not seeing it.  

2 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Didn’t Calgary have Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk as their first line that year?  

As far as Edmonton goes, while Nurse is significantly overpaid, he’s still a bonafide 2nd pairing calibre defenseman that wouldn’t look completely out of place on a top pairing.  

McDavid is a lockerroom cancer?  

Sorry man but I think we might have to agree to disagree with the above. I’m not seeing it.  

None of Gaudreau, Tkachuk, or Nurse belong in a men's league.  McDiver is absolutely a locker room cancer with his tantrums and refusal to backcheck.  You can't have a gutless coward like that in your room if you want to win.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1