2023-24 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

17 minutes ago, Jack Gordon said:

So nobody here knows why Bishop wasn't suspended?

He was given a match penalty yesterday and Nielsen isn't in the lineup for us tonight. Presumably, he has a concussion. I guess I'm a little surprised; that was a vicious hit.

Its hard to get follow ups. We never get much between games. 

15 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

200.webp

It sucks, I hate the Wranglers lol. They are a stacked team. Gonna be hard to beat. But it just makes our kids better to play against this team. Last year Calgary owned us too pretty good but we made them fight for every win last year too. We came up a bit short on the seasons series but our young club made it respectable. Hoping we get a 50/50 split on them this year.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

It sucks, I hate the Wranglers lol. They are a stacked team. Gonna be hard to beat. But it just makes our kids better to play against this team. Last year Calgary owned us too pretty good but we made them fight for every win last year too. We came up a bit short on the seasons series but our young club made it respectable. Hoping we get a 50/50 split on them this year.

Agreed !!!!  I hope we can demolish every game in their Barn and return the embarrassment 

• Cheers 1

Stinks about Klimovich but nice to see Pods lighting it up. 

How as Raty been to start the year? Looked like he belonged in pre season - stats don’t jump off the page but he strikes me as a guy who won’t light up the AHL even if he’ll produce as a middle 6’er in the NHL.

5 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Stinks about Klimovich but nice to see Pods lighting it up. 

How as Raty been to start the year? Looked like he belonged in pre season - stats don’t jump off the page but he strikes me as a guy who won’t light up the AHL even if he’ll produce as a middle 6’er in the NHL.

He's been pretty good so far, was really good tonight. But as you say, not much offense yet.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Gordon said:

He's been pretty good so far, was really good tonight. But as you say, not much offense yet.

I actually wish he would get some time with better wingers tho. He’s playing great defensively. They definitely see him as their 3rd line center down the road so they are focusing on that. At least he’s getting some PP time too. They roll 4 lines steady. So he’s getting decent minutes…but with better wingers I’m sure he would get a few more points.

I really like how management had carved out development roles for all their young guys and they are honing them into well rounded, useful pieces. 

This is what prospect development looks like.

Tough about Klim, I really like him as a person. But his defence isn’t the greatest. You can tell he’s trying but some of it isn’t sticking. We still have a bit of time to bring him around. Hopefully this is just a reset for him and he’s good for the rest of the season.

13 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I actually wish he would get some time with better wingers tho. He’s playing great defensively. They definitely see him as their 3rd line center down the road so they are focusing on that. At least he’s getting some PP time too. They roll 4 lines steady. So he’s getting decent minutes…but with better wingers I’m sure he would get a few more points.

I really like how management had carved out development roles for all their young guys and they are honing them into well rounded, useful pieces. 

This is what prospect development looks like.

Tough about Klim, I really like him as a person. But his defence isn’t the greatest. You can tell he’s trying but some of it isn’t sticking. We still have a bit of time to bring him around. Hopefully this is just a reset for him and he’s good for the rest of the season.

I really enjoyed Raty's twice circling of the offensive zone around the net with the puck on his stick later in the game. Great wheels on the kid.

Klimovich just doesn't seem to process the game at a pro level yet. Needs a better processor.  What Benning was thinking when he put him in an AHL lineup at 18 years old still baffles me. It didn't do him a lick of good.

Edited by Jack Gordon
  • Upvote 1