2023-24 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

9 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

Abby has a slant towards younger players. Last year we were the youngest team in our 10 team division. 

For example Calgary Wranglers have 11 players born in 2000 or later, Abby has 18. 

Seattle's AHL team was really veteran heavy as well last year. This year they have 10 players born in 2000 or later (younger then 23 roughly). 

I actually really detest the AHL playoff format. We have to play one more round compared to a lot of other teams and we get to play the same teams over and over. 

I'd rather watch us against new competition. We will play Calgary 12 times this year and then probably more in the playoffs! Too repetitive. 

PS. There's a game on today! 

I don't like howany times they play Western clubs either, but there's just not many teams in the west.......though better than it used to be 

• Cheers 1

Seems like the Abby Canucks are going through an injury bug upfront.

No Nielsen, Wouters, Klimovich, and call ups from Kalamazoo in Ty Glover and Josh Passolt got into games, and Kannok Leipert playing two straight games on the RW.

Something to watch going forward. Ryan Johnson said Klimovich sustained an injury early in the preseason and its a nagging injury so they are keeping him out.