2023-24 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

On 11/12/2023 at 5:55 PM, AK-19 said:

I'm not liking that Raty is being developed on the wing instead of centre. We need more depth there and the hope is he'll be a future 3rd/4th C.

They're not developing him on the wing, they need him to play wing because of key injuries.  It's a compliment, not a demotion

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Podkolzin has already played 118 NHL games.  I am sure he will easily play another 100 games in the future...

Who would be 2nd and 3rd on your list? (Let's leave Silovs the goalie out of this). 

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Aatu Raty of course would be #2.  Arshdeep Bains would be #3.  You can make a line of out of those 3 as well...

Bains    Raty    Podkolzin

I would go....  

1. Podkolzin 

2. Hirose 

3. Aman 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CaptainQuin said:

Raty 

bains

aman

Not discounting what Raty has done so far, and I thought that he was maybe the best or one of the top three skaters in our young stars tourney and parts of pre-season....  

I just think that he's two years away from making the jump.  

7 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Not discounting what Raty has done so far, and I thought that he was maybe the best or one of the top three skaters in our young stars tourney and parts of pre-season....  

I just think that he's two years away from making the jump.  

I think yes and no .

he could play this year/ next year in the big league but grooming him in Abbotsford for another year or two would be the smart move I think 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

Question: 

Who would you say is the most likely current Abby Canuck to suit up in 100 Vancouver Canucks games in the future?  

Podkolzin

Aman

Bains

I can see all three in our line up next year. Pod/Bains replacing Beauvillier/Joshua next year. Aman replacing Blueger. I could see the line up being:

Kuz.    Pete.    Mikh

PDG.   Miller.  Boes

Pod.    Suter.  Garl

Laff.    Aman   Hog

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, AK-19 said:

Podkolzin

Aman

Bains

I can see all three in our line up next year. Pod/Bains replacing Beauvillier/Joshua next year. Aman replacing Blueger. I could see the line up being:

Kuz.    Pete.    Mikh

PDG.   Miller.  Boes

Pod.    Suter.  Garl

Laff.    Aman   Hog

I would say Raty is a good bet and one of the goalies. 

Caught part of the 3rd period and OT on AHLTV. Entertaining game. Abby certainly deserved the win.

Nice to see Studnicka get the OT winner after being sent down. It was an excellent play.

Wolanin did not play so I guess he really did "tweak" something and that is why he did not get the call-up. Hope he is ok soon.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1