2023-24 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

On 12/3/2023 at 12:52 PM, Curmudgeon said:

Addendum to post about Laval/Abbotsford. 

Laval has a defenceman named William Trudeau. Here in the conservative stronghold that is Abbotsford and area, having the same surname as the deeply detested Prime Minister deserves deafening boos every time he touches the puck. We hate him because of his name, was a comment I overheard. Pick an adjective of your choice to describe such behaviour: childish, petulant, misdirected, idiotic, stupid, inane, dumb, embarrassing. These are the same dolts who, blurt out FREE every time the word occurs in our national anthem. Why not leave your political views at home? They have no place at a hockey game.

Lets Go, Brandon !!

• Haha 1

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/abbotsford-canucks-players-pushing-nhl-jobs#google_vignette

“There’s competition in Abbotsford,” Tocchet told reporters last Tuesday. “There’s a couple of guys knocking on the door, so you can make a trade like that.”

Personally, I'd love to see Bains for the next call up and Podz by the end of the reg season

50 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Is there an injury update on our defensive prospects? I've heard some guys were banged up that they didn't want to call up to Vancouver.

Any updates?

Talking about Wolanin? 

I think he came back vs Laval.  This shoddy AHL scheduling is killing me. Too long between games. 

On a side note, I hope that Calgary calls up more of their young guys and depletes their AHL club. Markstrom might've tweaked something in practice recently and Wolff being called up might give us a chance to gain ground on the Wranglers. 

• Like 2