2023-24 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

8 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

31 PIMs?!? Is that a typo? 

No - Dries took a 5 min major/ match penalty that carried over into overtime,  but Abby took 10 penalties* !!!

Here's Canucks Army write up with videos ....

https://canucksarmy.com/news/farmies-aatu-raty-two-goals-not-enough-overcome-coachella-valley-power-play-prowess

*Firebirds took 4, but because one each were offsetting, stats show powerplays as 9 (Birds) to 3 (Abby)

Edited by Googlie
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Like to tell this dude to tone it down but it aint my party, Yikes..😪  

Sounds like the guy is trying to emulate soccer announcers. I actually wouldn't mind it from time to time as long as the announcer gives similar enthusiasm for both teams, otherwise it just sounds way too homer to be professional.

• Cheers 2

Cicek played a quiet and solid game.

Nice to get some help on defence. Made a difference tonight.

Game was tight right till the mid 3rd then 2 quick turn overs led to goals for us and game was done.

The score definitely doesn’t reflect how close the game was. Abby shut them down in the 3rd and didn’t give much.

I watched Cicek as much as I could. He’s not choppy with the puck. Made some good reads in his zone. Made some clean passes. Was on ice for I think the 3rd or 4th goal. Nice stabilizing addition by Allvin. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Nice game by Sasson, good to have him back. This team is way better when he plays. 2 goals, 1 assist. 

Jett Woo made some rough passes this game but scored a much needed goal. Game winner to boot!

Podz sealed the deal with an empty net.

Dries took some bad penalties but made up for it being his zippy self out there.

Raty looked great again. Bains the same. Lots of energy. Late PP at end of game after podz scored. Bains popped in another goal.

I liked Tocs description of Karlsson. He’s sticky along the boards. I really like his game. Definitely and NHLer in him.

Baby nucks outshot them 43-24.

Solid win.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1