2023-24 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

Just now, Hammertime said:

Can't wait for him to make the big club. He's just what the doctor ordered. 

Big night for the top line of Pod-Stevens-Bains. Stevens had a hatty and 4 points, Bains 3 points, Pod 1 point and 6 shots and was in on goals without getting points. Stevens +4, Pod/Bains +3.

Klimo 4 shots

Sasson 6 shots

Nielsen 5 shots and a goal. 

Youngsters came out to play today.

The game had 3 fights too. Chippy game. 8 PPS between both teams, roughings, elbows, ripping helmets off. Revenge game from the shutout loss yesterday.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

The Abby Canucks really need to stop using Alex Kannok Leipert as a forward. This is a failed experiment and has been for some time now. Not a good situation for the player or the team.

I mean they have a bunch of injuries they’re dealing with right now. He’s a low upside depth guy for them and Leipert has experience playing forward in junior.

13 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

The Abby Canucks really need to stop using Alex Kannok Leipert as a forward. This is a failed experiment and has been for some time now. Not a good situation for the player or the team.

I've been saying he would be a great 4th line winger, but this year has not looked good on him. As a defenseman he's not great at the AHL level either. Thinking this may be it for him unfortunately. Hell of a fighter tho.

Been hard to watch this team lately. Goaltending hasn't been sharp, but the team overall is having issues with consistency compared to last year.

I feel like they don't have an identity this year, they are such a young team and don't have many old grizzled AHL vets. Dries, Irwin, Loewen, and Stephens...and then it's all kids playing. Edit, forgot Wolanin!

All the other previous years the roster would be almost half vets and half youngsters.

Ah well the pains of growing prospects.

Just not fun hockey to watch at times. Like tonight, already down 3-0 in the 1st period. UGH

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Like 1

Also I think Johanssen (the swedish Dman we signed last year) is soft as charmin...don't like him. Defensively he is a nightmare to watch imo...always getting pushed off pucks and backing off on hits. Just so soft. Can't wait for him to not be on this team lol. Sorry...just my opinion. 

We don't have many solid D options so we are stuck playing him.

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Karlsson having immediate impact. Must be so nice to have a guy like that back on the team.

• Upvote 2