2023-24 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

And we have Malone, Kudra, willander, celebrini, Alrikkson all still in their playoffs.  

EP26, Lekk, Mynio already in Abby.  

So will be prospects to fill in for the promoted prospects who will free up cap to sign higher end guys.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

And we have Malone, Kudra, willander, celebrini, Alrikkson all still in their playoffs.  

EP26, Lekk, Mynio already in Abby.  

So will be prospects to fill in for the promoted prospects who will free up cap to sign higher end guys.  

Yup. Best management of our club top to bottom ever? 

Great game so far.

Lek is looking good, defensively and offensively.

D Petey looking good, I’m sitting right in front of him when he smashes a guy on the boards. He’s a big boy!

Nielsen is great to watch live. He’s literally everywhere. Broke up a good 2-1 chance and ripped an awesome 1 Tee home for the 2nd goal.

The one guy i’m liking who wasn’t on my radar is Glover he is a big dude and loves to throw his weight around. He’s looked better and better as the year has went along. 

I couldn’t take the pic quickly enough but here is D Petey smashing a guy…or the aftermath of him smashing said fool, he’s laying on the ice lol

IMG_8311.jpeg

• Like 3

This is a huge blow. Woo is a big personality for the team and a big contributor to adding stability on that backend. Easily the best dman this year for Abbotsford plaing all situations.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This is a huge blow. Woo is a big personality for the team and a big contributor to adding stability on that backend. Easily the best dman this year for Abbotsford plaing all situations.

On the other hand the door opens for guys like Pettersson and McWard.

Edited by DeNiro

13 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Pettersson and Lekkerimaki are both healthy scratches tonight against Calgary! 😮What could this mean?!!image-asset.gif.77097d495960fd5568d76d79c9935dc6.gif

Probably sitting and watching how dirty the Wranglers are for this game so they are prepared for tomorrows tilt against them. Back to back games. Definitely want to protect the young kids. They will see first hand how nasty that team is. It better prepares them for next game.

Plus with a full roster they have lots of options lately. Could just want to get some more grit into the lineup for this game.

The Wranglers have cooled off since last season and aren't the huge threat they used to be, but they are still dirty as fuck and are right above us in the playoff race...great games, hard hitting, fights, old school hockey...coached by Trent Cull too, who has a penchant for having his teams play that way.

I'm ready for some lunch pail hockey tonight

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Googlie said:

3 - 1 final

Dries, Neilson and Wouters the goalscorers. Wolanin, Bains and Gatcombe with assists 

Good game

We outplayed them for sure.

Will see what tmrw brings. If Abby can win out the season they may get past the wild card round. Which would be nice.

edit: I double checked the wild round rules, i’m wrong, only top team in pacific div gets a bye to next round. The rest play a 3 game series to move onto the next round.

Edited by Attila Umbrus

Another big win against Calgary tonight 

3-1

Glover, Nielsen, and Karlsson scored.

It’s gonna be tight unfortunately to get home ice advantage. Right now we are lined up to play Colorado in the first round 3 game series. And if they get home ice the first 2 games are played there. Hopefully we can jump them in the standings and get home ice.

Next weekend are the final 2 games of the season, back to back again against the Wranglers

• Like 1