[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs, Scotiabank Arean, Nov 11, 4PM PST - Bring your Leaf Blower to the Game Game

Rocket-68

What is the biggest surprise of the year so far?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest surprise of the year so far?

• Surprise? No surprise here, stunned the Canucks charged out of the gates to 10-2-1
    • Tyler "Da Chaos Giraffe" Meyers hasn't been relegated to the ECHL and in fact is punching above his weight so much, he will have positive value at the TDL if he keeps this up
    • Edmonton "Stanley Cup Contenders" Coilers laid a steaming one on the ice on opening night and have been going down hill since
    • Boeser is #2 in Goal Scoring Behind only Matthews
    • Three Canucks are in the top 10 Points Leaders
    • ... Bah! NONE OF THE ABOVE, see my comment below.

I’m a little worried about this game. We should win because we are better, and awesome, but a few bad bounces and it could go the other way. As long as the team doesn’t let the media narrative affect them they’ll be fine, because a loss to the Leafs is going to be big news for a day or two. 

I suspect we will dominate the Leafs and render this an entirely moot point. 

• Cheers 2

I want to see the Miller/Matthews tilt.  Not the actual fight; but of course that would be beyond awesome.

I just want to see that bull of ours putting the fear of Todd into Auston Matthews and effectively neutralizing him.

Q: Who let the bull out? 

A: Tocchet and Allvin:

GP-UnG.gif

I have never liked Matthews, although he is a hell of a hockey player.

There's something creepy about him, and he reminds me of Snidely Whiplash.

Here he is tying up Nell Fenwick so she has to look at his underpants:

9183e81db83ebfcebf6ddfcb4e757738.gif

So yeah, JT comes hard and frustrates Matthews with his in-your-face attitude.

Just as he's picking himself back up off the ice, he sees that it's not Miller anymore, it's Pettersson.

And he's got the puck and he's gone.  One-nil a minute twenty in.

GCG

GO CANUCKS GO!

GO JT MF MILLER GO!!!

(You too Petey, but sneakier.)

vancouver-canucks-elias-pettersson.gif

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Yes, I want a 6 - 2 win for the Canucks! But more than that I want a clear dominance over 200'! I want the entire crew at SN to choke. I fully expect whispers of a flu bug within the Laffer ranks as they sink into defeat. 

Yeah Baby!  Full Frontal Meltdown.

Rotten Ronnie melting down his seat and onto the floor like a Dali clock.

9295760_a940e.gif

The Horror.  The Horror.

The Canucks are beating the poof out of the Toronto Maple Leafs on Hockey Night in Canada.

"Only in Canada, you say?" Says tiny Elliotte Friedman sips tea out of his tinier cup, pinky raised.

Hrudy turns into a giant mushroom spewing spores of imaginary viruses and other Marchand all over the set.

Etc.

• Like 1

Looking forward to the Matthews Miller matchup. JT had been nothing short of amazing this year. It will be a really good battle tonight. 

I think the team will play a strong game. I hope the canucks put the rest of Canada on notice in a nationally televised game. 

If  we play within our systems and structure, I think we'll create enough turnovers to expose their weak D. 

Let's gooooo! 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

• -dlc- pinned and featured this topic
6 hours ago, Strawbone said:

I’m a little worried about this game. We should win because we are better, and awesome, but a few bad bounces and it could go the other way. As long as the team doesn’t let the media narrative affect them they’ll be fine, because a loss to the Leafs is going to be big news for a day or two. 

I suspect we will dominate the Leafs and render this an entirely moot point. 

They can't allow the Leafs the same opportunities they gave the Srns........Mathews and Co will make them pay if they do.  They can't get into an old fashioned shootout with the Leafs, they need to shut them down

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

They can't allow the Leafs the same opportunities they gave the Srns........Mathews and Co will make them pay if they do.  They can't get into an old fashioned shootout with the Leafs, they need to shut them down

Lol watch out. We can't talk like that anymore. Only positive talk. 

Canucks will play great! Looking forward to running the leafs out of their own barn! 

@tasam I doing this right? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol watch out. We can't talk like that anymore. Only positive talk. 

Canucks will play great! Looking forward to running the leafs out of their own barn! 

@tasam I doing this right? 

Thing is, some people speak in certainties and it's uncertain. They were SURE Miller was moving, etc.

The Leafs "may" or may not make us pay. I mean, if we play below the standard set and still manage to win, that's ok too. We're always so convinced the other team WILL if we don't. Maybe they won't. I'm not as sold on the Leafs as a powerhouse as some are. Sure, they have fire power but we have the best damn goaltender in net too.

The spin that some put on this team is very much "do or die". But it's "just win" in my view and sometimes that's less than perfectly executed. The two points are what matter most. 

The Leafs and Vegas are so scary to some but any team can be beat on any night.