[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs, Scotiabank Arean, Nov 11, 4PM PST - Bring your Leaf Blower to the Game Game

Rocket-68

What is the biggest surprise of the year so far?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest surprise of the year so far?

• Surprise? No surprise here, stunned the Canucks charged out of the gates to 10-2-1
    • Tyler "Da Chaos Giraffe" Meyers hasn't been relegated to the ECHL and in fact is punching above his weight so much, he will have positive value at the TDL if he keeps this up
    • Edmonton "Stanley Cup Contenders" Coilers laid a steaming one on the ice on opening night and have been going down hill since
    • Boeser is #2 in Goal Scoring Behind only Matthews
    • Three Canucks are in the top 10 Points Leaders
    • ... Bah! NONE OF THE ABOVE, see my comment below.

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

OK, before I get ready to go (will miss you guys!).

I dedicate this song to.....the Leafs. It's too good not to share again (I crack up every time I watch it)

(I understand we shouldn't get too cocky or ahead of ourselves...just having fun in the moment)

369788247_10160635729360549_416292374553

Enjoy your day Deb! Bring the cowbell!

• Like 1

Quinn Hughes will really want this game, given his Toronto connections….and with him being the captain I expect the team will do their utmost to win this game for him. I’d be very surprised if we see the same sort of middling effort that we saw against the Sens.

And having the two Johns working but not on our game just ain’t right.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Big game but they're on the end of a b2b and are leaking goals. They'll surely come out hard so if we weather the storm, we'll have more legs in the 2nd and 3rd to blow them open, just got to keep it to a 1 goal game. Their top line will be a good test for Demko and our top 4 defence.

7-3 Canucks

Biggest surprise this season?

The 10-2-1 start.....

followed by Brock

followed by 3 players in top 10 for point leaders. 

And the fact there is so much positivity on this forum thus far in the season....

Just about starting to sing carols already...

"This the season to be jolly...."🎼

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I'm wondering if the refs will try anything funny tomorrow. What do you think, @Sharpshooter lol

Of course the refs will do the "game management", why do you think the odds are all favoring the Leafs to win. If we get ahead I am sure there is a bunch of 3 on 5s.

I hope the canucks just play their real game, slow and steady and just wait for the offence that good defence produces

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol watch out. We can't talk like that anymore. Only positive talk. 

Canucks will play great! Looking forward to running the leafs out of their own barn! 

@tasam I doing this right? 

They are the ice whisperers, they shall never again lose a game! 
That’s how you do it chief.

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

For those who don't know, Wayne Gretzky collaborated with Northland hockey sticks to create more affordable hockey sticks for people...so I think you buy 3 sticks in a pack for $99. Would stick of course.

Tocchet supporting his TNT member.

There needs to be a lot more of this. Making affordable and safe gear for hockey, so more people can play. Even if it's for street hockey. Especially for kids, and young families.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Of course the refs will do the "game management", why do you think the odds are all favoring the Leafs to win. If we get ahead I am sure there is a bunch of 3 on 5s.

I hope the canucks just play their real game, slow and steady and just wait for the offence that good defence produces

I think the canucks come out strong and draw some penalties. It'll be important to capitalize because the refs will prob look to even up the calls. 

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol watch out. We can't talk like that anymore. Only positive talk. 

Canucks will play great! Looking forward to running the leafs out of their own barn! 

@tasam I doing this right? 

Using sarcasm to make fun of a 'positive thinker' can have similar implications to what you

are accusing 'said' member of.

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Hmmm, big gd decision here.

My kids are taking me out for a belated birthday celebration (OH RIGHT, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY AGAIN!)

So do I wear the black signed Petey or the blue signed Miller? (You probably already know the answer).

I'm watching the game at their place. Last time I watched one there  I was recovering from surgery and was still "blurry". When JT scored I sat up, punching a big YESSSS in the air and knocked their fixed light above me right off the wall. We'll see what I do for an encore.

They took it well....they actually got it on video because I was streaming the game upstairs and it was delayed...they knew he'd scored and came up to watch my reaction. LOL. 

Happy birthday Deb!

Each year there are statement games on the schedule. This is definitely one of them. Win this game with strong defensive play and take advantage of a team that cannot play that way. They dont have to ability to win those games. I like us having the extra day advantage as well. It will be close but we can win this game. Why not us? 5-4 Canucks.

• Like 2