[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs, Scotiabank Arean, Nov 11, 4PM PST - Bring your Leaf Blower to the Game Game

Rocket-68

What is the biggest surprise of the year so far?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest surprise of the year so far?

• Surprise? No surprise here, stunned the Canucks charged out of the gates to 10-2-1
    • Tyler "Da Chaos Giraffe" Meyers hasn't been relegated to the ECHL and in fact is punching above his weight so much, he will have positive value at the TDL if he keeps this up
    • Edmonton "Stanley Cup Contenders" Coilers laid a steaming one on the ice on opening night and have been going down hill since
    • Boeser is #2 in Goal Scoring Behind only Matthews
    • Three Canucks are in the top 10 Points Leaders
    • ... Bah! NONE OF THE ABOVE, see my comment below.

12 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Using sarcasm to make fun of a 'positive thinker' can have similar implications to what you

are accusing 'said' member of.

Yes Im no better clearly. 

But you are right, I will move on. 

Obviously hoping for a big game from the boys tonight 

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I think the team knows our record in Toronto. I cant wait to see JT and Brock match up against Matthews. I would like to see some of those Mcdavid expressions on Matthews.

Imagine Matthews has a hissyfit like McDavid and Miller makes them pay on the ensuing PP after they become unglued? 

It would be legendary to see the Leafs have a collective meltdown on HNIC 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Imagine Matthews has a hissyfit like McDavid and Miller makes them pay on the ensuing PP after they become unglued? 

It would be legendary to see the Leafs have a collective meltdown on HNIC 

Sadly with the Leafs broadcast, Vancouver could be up 5-0 and the colour guy will go on how great Matthews is playing....

6 minutes ago, Falcons said:

What does everyone have planned for the game tonight? 
Canucks game followed by ufc 295 at the Kal Sports bar for me ! 😊

IMG_1655.jpeg

I'm organizing a work group event ... Got about 10 people meeting at a bar to watch the game and then after one of our coworkers is wrestling in a local show so we'll go cheer him on 

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I think most of us thought the Flyers game would be a gimmie, but boy were we wrong

Yeah no kidding... 

Flyers were actually playing awesome to start the year. They beat Edmonton and Calgary after us and almost handed Vegas their first loss from what I remember. 

It Couturier's first game in more then a year and he scored on the penalty shot. 

Don't feel too bad about that one in hindsight. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sadly with the Leafs broadcast, Vancouver could be up 5-0 and the colour guy will go on how great Matthews is playing....

No, Shorthouse and Garret are on the Boston/Montreal game... they will be talking about how great Marchand is and not a dirtly little player like all the canucks fans think

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I would be so happy for Brock if he got a hat-trick tonight, and Matthews was silenced tonight. So that Brock would be leading the NHL in goals. :towel:

JT and Brock +3 tonight and Matthews a -4. (cause there will be at least a shorthanded goal from Petey)

39 minutes ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Each year there are statement games on the schedule. This is definitely one of them. Win this game with strong defensive play and take advantage of a team that cannot play that way. They dont have to ability to win those games. I like us having the extra day advantage as well. It will be close but we can win this game. Why not us? 5-4 Canucks.

I would prefer more of a statement game like 10-0. Cause Toronto to go nuts over coaching. Have some after game Matthews quotes to laugh at the rest of the year.