[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs, Scotiabank Arean, Nov 11, 4PM PST - Bring your Leaf Blower to the Game Game

Rocket-68

What is the biggest surprise of the year so far?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest surprise of the year so far?

• Surprise? No surprise here, stunned the Canucks charged out of the gates to 10-2-1
    • Tyler "Da Chaos Giraffe" Meyers hasn't been relegated to the ECHL and in fact is punching above his weight so much, he will have positive value at the TDL if he keeps this up
    • Edmonton "Stanley Cup Contenders" Coilers laid a steaming one on the ice on opening night and have been going down hill since
    • Boeser is #2 in Goal Scoring Behind only Matthews
    • Three Canucks are in the top 10 Points Leaders
    • ... Bah! NONE OF THE ABOVE, see my comment below.

1 hour ago, Steamer4GM said:

Sadly, today is a bit tough to navigate with the Lions Bombers tilt starting about half an hour before we descend on the Laffs

Unlike the CFL commentators who would almost never mention the NHL or a hockey score to save their lives, it's quite likely that the hockey broadcasters might offer congrats to the winners of the East and/or West finals at some point during the game.

So, I'm forced to watch the entire Lions game in real time before I can fire up the Canucks game and just hoping I don't see a Canucks score spoiler on a lower screen ticker or something during the West final.

I'll miss following along with you all during the game but will catch up at some point and likely see all the celebration posts in the PGT.

Go Canucks (& Leos) GO!!!

might get Canuck spoiler during the football game also though maybe? I don't have tsn so I dont know how the broadcast looks on TV. I would like to watch the Lions game today but i paid for the SN pack for the Canucks as a more useful channel.

Go Lions Go!! gonna be tough game tho. Go Canucks Go too!

• Cheers 1

5- 2 again tonight. Canucks score 5th into empty net, Pettersson firing it dead center from below the faceoff dot in Canucks end!

Ohhhh, and there will be a fan in the 2nd row behind the Canuck bench tonight who has a wonky eye.... How do I know this? I don't, but if I get something like that right, I'm going to look like a prediction GOD!!!

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think we're going to have to survive the 1st again. TO will probably push hard at first. Tocc will have to read the match ups on the fly. Start the 4th line, or get his match ups on Matthew's. And choir boy time to stay out of the box.

I wonder if they'll try to get Matthews away from Miller. In which case, we can start with Petey and then follow up with Miller line as Petey is quite responsible defensively as well

What a luxury to have 2 first line centres

• Cheers 1