[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs, Scotiabank Arean, Nov 11, 4PM PST - Bring your Leaf Blower to the Game Game

Rocket-68

What is the biggest surprise of the year so far?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest surprise of the year so far?

• Surprise? No surprise here, stunned the Canucks charged out of the gates to 10-2-1
    • Tyler "Da Chaos Giraffe" Meyers hasn't been relegated to the ECHL and in fact is punching above his weight so much, he will have positive value at the TDL if he keeps this up
    • Edmonton "Stanley Cup Contenders" Coilers laid a steaming one on the ice on opening night and have been going down hill since
    • Boeser is #2 in Goal Scoring Behind only Matthews
    • Three Canucks are in the top 10 Points Leaders
    • ... Bah! NONE OF THE ABOVE, see my comment below.

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I was 8 rows behind Pat Quinn and the Canucks bench for this game. I was working for A&B Sound at the time and our Computer Buyer, called me and gave me 2 tickets to the game. Called my dad and said, hey, want to go to the game tonight???

Best game I think I've ever been to...

Totally Awesome !!!

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Totally Awesome !!!

Yeah, and totally free, courtesy of AST Computers. They were the ones who ultimately put up the tickets!

I used to get really good perks from A&B and then from Ingram Micro as well. VIP (Backstage) tickets to Tragically Hip, Ziggy Marley, Blues Traveler etc, at Thunderbird Stadium in 1995, Free tickets to Metallica at Thunderbird....all kinds of shit!

Edited by VegasCanuck

11 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Yeah, and totally free, courtesy of AST Computers. They were the ones who ultimately put up the tickets!

I used to get really good perks from A&B and then from Ingram Micro as well. VIP (Backstage) tickets to Tragically Hip, Ziggy Marley, Blues Traveler etc, at Thunderbird Stadium in 1995, Free tickets to Metallica at Thunderbird....all kinds of shit!

I remember going to A&B sound on Marine drive every time we came to the lower mainland. I would spend hours there going through all these CD’s and dvds . And then I started working and making money. And I spent ever dime I had on car stereos and home entertainment at that store. Didn’t matter what I was driving. As long as the bass was bumpin, the girls loved it. Lolo. 
I got ton of free concert tix when I worked in Tsawwassen. My boss was friends with the guy who ran House of Blues concerts. I couldn’t keep count on how many concerts I saw for free from 98–05. The guys brother was the lead singer of 54-40. Neil Osbourne. I think. But yeah having connections was awesome. I miss living there. 

Edited by Sergiomomesso

15 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Great Bands, Know for a fact they all put on dynamite shows..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Were you there for the Marilyn Manson 'riot' (i think it was in '97). One of my buddies was working at the time, said it was mayhem.

4 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

I remember going to A&B sound on Marine drive every time we came to the lower mainland. I would spend hours there going through all these CD’s and dvds . And then I started working and making money. And I spent ever dime I had on car stereos and home entertainment at that store. Didn’t matter what I was driving. As long as the bass was bumpin, the girls loved it. Lolo

Yeah, that was my store! Joined them in mid June 93, worst computer department that they had in the chain, I had them at #1 before July 1st and was #3 in the company in sales before the end of the year... It had it's issues, but was generally a fun place to work and again, got some really good perks! 

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Were you there for the Marilyn Manson 'riot' (i think it was in '97). One of my buddies was working at the time, said it was mayhem.

No, missed that one.... Was a really good location for outdoor concerts up there. Haven't been there in years though, not sure what it looks like now.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

My ex went to his show in Pg about 8 years ago and he threw a beer bottle into the crowd and split her head open for 10 stitches. 

he should have thrown it harder. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viking said:

might get Canuck spoiler during the football game also though maybe? I don't have tsn so I dont know how the broadcast looks on TV. I would like to watch the Lions game today but i paid for the SN pack for the Canucks as a more useful channel.

Go Lions Go!! gonna be tough game tho. Go Canucks Go too!

TSN is generally pretty good during CFL games for not saying anything about NHL and they don't run a constant ticker or put up 'other sport' scores during play so I feel pretty safe. Just gotta be careful during half time but I have no intention of giving too much time to that part of the Lions' game anyways. Fingers crossed lol

9 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

TSN is generally pretty good during CFL games for not saying anything about NHL and they don't run a constant ticker or put up 'other sport' scores during play so I feel pretty safe. Just gotta be careful during half time but I have no intention of giving too much time to that part of the Lions' game anyways. Fingers crossed lol

Is it likely TSN will run the lions game again tomorrow? Might be an option for me to try to avoid until then. Hard to do though. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Stoked for this game. Lions starting in 20 mins then Nucks/Laffs. Got 2 screens going tonight.

Huge game after a sub-par effort in Ottawa. Hope the boys come out ready to play, and I think they will. 

GCG

I recently discovered my new snazzy OLED TV cant do picture in picture, like the ol days when you could watch two channels on the same screen.  Hell, my 2004 rear projection TV can do it.  Have to flip between two channels. Gonna have to convince wife that I  need a second TV mounted over the first one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

5- 2 again tonight. Canucks score 5th into empty net, Pettersson firing it dead center from below the faceoff dot in Canucks end!

Ohhhh, and there will be a fan in the 2nd row behind the Canuck bench tonight who has a wonky eye.... How do I know this? I don't, but if I get something like that right, I'm going to look like a prediction GOD!!!

I want to blank them, Demmer with the SO and Brock with a hatty and Lafferty with a goal

• Like 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Stoked for this game. Lions starting in 20 mins then Nucks/Laffs. Got 2 screens going tonight.

Huge game after a sub-par effort in Ottawa. Hope the boys come out ready to play, and I think they will. 

GCG

Good way to judge how the team responds after a less than ideal game. It's absolutely crucial with being able to bounce right back after a not your best effort, lack luster played game. You will not go far in the playoffs if you can't immediately put it behind you, learn from the mistakes, and come back next game guns a blazin.

40 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

I thought samsonov was starting?

You thought right!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1