[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

3 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I'd be careful moving the Chinaman. I think there's a lot of hidden potential here and he could become a very good player for us.

Reveal hidden contents

p.s.______________I know he's not from China, lol.

We should move you for comments like this. WTF, Hirose isn't Chinese at all, try Japanese.

6 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

We should move you for comments like this. WTF, Hirose isn't Chinese at all, try Japanese.

I know, I know, I was kidding (did you see my spoiler tag?).  

Was with some friends the day other and someone referred to Hirose as a 'Chinaman' which caused me to spit out my beer laughing (he also knows that Hirose was born and raised in Canada and is of Japanese descent).  Was a bad joke but was meant to be harmless and for shits and gigs. 

10 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Seriously though, I wonder if CGY is high on any of our prospects/Baby Nux (not named Podz)

The corollary to this might be something I am always interested in watching, that is, which prospects management has decided are expendable for the team moving forward.

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I know, I know, I was kidding (did you see my spoiler tag?).  

Was with some friends the day other and someone referred to Hirose as a 'Chinaman' which caused me to spit out my beer laughing (he also knows that Hirose was born and raised in Canada and is of Japanese descent).  Was a bad joke but was meant to be harmless and for shits and gigs. 

Wasn't really funny 

• Cheers 1

It's such a rare feeling where I'm not worried at all about management making the right decision. 

They will put in a reasonable offer for Z, but they won't get into a bidding war and handicap our team. Management has shown They can be patient and not chase players for the sake of making a trade.

Just loving things these days

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, The Duke said:

I love throwing Brzustewicz in trades just to freak everyone out.  Personally, it would have to be for a #2-3 guy in his mid 20s for me to include him, though.

He’s having an awesome season but that team he’s on is absolutely stacked.  We could be giving up a pretty good NHL’er (or we could be selling high on a 3rd round pick) but I think we’d have to be getting back a very good piece if we move him.

Yea I don't get too excited about prospects until they are in the AHL or SHL. You also have to give to get.

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not worth giving up the assets for, imo.  The Canucks are in a decent spot with prospects, but they're not in a spot to be giving them up.

It's hard to grasp because we are coming off one of the worst seasons in franchise history.

But we are absolutely in win now mode. Petey Hughes Miller demko hronek boeser are all in their primes and this is about as affordable as this roster is gonna be.

They have been rumored to be interested in Zad for a while.

Push hard for him

• Upvote 1

People seem to be forgetting that Zadorov has asked for a trade out of Calgary.  That and his expiring contract typically lowers what they can expect to get back for him in return.  They want to play hardball?  Fine, let him stew in their dressing room that is already full of bad vibes from the terrible season they're having.  We already have Cole and Soucy playing in the spots he's most suited for.  He'd increase our depth but I wouldn't offer much more than one of Beau or Garland straight up.  Can't see this being a high priority acquisition.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don’t see the Canucks going after a left hander when they have both Soucy and Cole.

Right handed defensemen are what Alvin is looking for. 

We need at least 4 D on each side for injuries, rotation, etc, and then the playoffs, well we don't have to have just enough to get there, we have to have lots of defencemen as the past has shown.

I like this top 6, and the 7,8,9 are where we bring guys in: 

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Soucy

Cole - Myers

Brisebois(?), Juulsen, Friedman

Plenty of room for a six and a half foot tall, 240 pound defenseman (who already has friends on the team).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Some of the proposals here scare me. I get he's a Dan Milstein client. He's a big mean defenseman and we need depth in d so we're making the connections. 

I trust PA and pro scouts to evaluate Zadorov's fit on the team and will not ovepay if they do pursue him. Again, I think I would rather wait for July 1st. He's not a must have. 

Conry probably isn't pleased with how Zadorov made it public when it's already known he'll be traded. He doesn't have to appease Zadorov. He might wait until TDL to the most value.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1