[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

3 minutes ago, TopCheese said:

Ya no way im letting go of a guy like Brzustewicz we could be developing a second huggy with the way hes tearing it up 

wasn't that Rathbone? we have no idea what Brewski is going to be, but I do know he won't be ready to be part of this current core group. 

Its debatable about how much we should trade for Zadorov, but projecting this kid as a "second Huggy" is kind of out there imo. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Billabong said:

I’m a big fan of zadorov but this coaching staff seems hell bent on lefties on the left and righties on the right so I don’t see him being a fit right now 

tanev is the target for us 

Hughes-hronek

Cole-tanev 

Is a top 4 that could close out a tight game in the playoffs…yes playoffs 

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

This would be great, personally I’d flip hronek with Tanev so each pairing would have 1 offensive guy. 

• Upvote 1

In this thread there is a really big spectrum of what the value of Zadorov is. I've seen everything from a Willy Nylander swap to comments about him being a #4/5. 

Willy 1-for-1 would put him up in the elite category. I don't follow his games or his career. I've cemented my opinion in that he's similar to Soucy. Can fill in on the top 4 but on a good team, he's probably on your bottom pairing. 

He'd be a great UFA signing (obviously on a decent deal as well). Who knows, if there is nothing else out there, or they welcome a Beauvillier swap - Go ahead!

Not the player or the deal I'd want them to use their few valuable assets on. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

It's hard to grasp because we are coming off one of the worst seasons in franchise history.

But we are absolutely in win now mode. Petey Hughes Miller demko hronek boeser are all in their primes and this is about as affordable as this roster is gonna be.

They have been rumored to be interested in Zad for a while.

Push hard for him

I disagree.  If it's a reasonable ask, then sure.  Don't give up the good strides they've made to create some depth in the org for what could be a rental.  We all feel great about the start, but we have to remember that it's 13 games in, they could, and likely will, come back down to earth.  

I don't see them as a real contender this year, and zadirov is is UFA in the off season, and they will have some cap space to work with.  If they want him, they're better off waiting 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm talking about the trade request he just made in Calgary. 

He wants out. Both Leafs and Canucks will make offers. But I'm afraid Brad Treliving is going to out bid us and drive his price up too high for us..

Unless they are trading Nylander, how can they overpay when they have no cap space?

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I disagree.  If it's a reasonable ask, then sure.  Don't give up the good strides they've made to create some depth in the org for what could be a rental.  We all feel great about the start, but we have to remember that it's 13 games in, they could, and likely will, come back down to earth.  

I don't see them as a real contender this year, and zadirov is is UFA in the off season, and they will have some cap space to work with.  If they want him, they're better off waiting 

I don’t think anything of significance would be given up if it wasn’t pre-determined that he was agreeing to extend. We aren’t trading for him as a rental. No chance. 

9 hours ago, HuggyCareBear said:

love the idea of tanev but I'm ngl, I haven't followed up on him since he left for CGY. 

Is he still pretty much the same player we remember him as in terms of ability? Genuinely curious.

He's older now is for sure.

Well, he missed 17 games last season, and has only had one complete season in his career; so there's that.

He is also 4 years older and will be 34 in a month; I doubt he is built to withstand many more years when he has such an injury history.

He's not at all tough, and has only 31 goals in his 730 game career games.

I think he is over-rated here due to sentimentality and likability, not what he would bring to the team now and in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

He fits in with his russian boys for sure hes mean and big in size essentially a meaner version of myers but i dont know how i feel about 2 oversized pylons on the back end if myers + AB 2nd that would be more appealing to me …but ya we are lacking a pest in this lineup which i think is important to any playoff team so zadorov would fit that 

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I definitely don't want to over pay for Z...only if the price is right. 

For once I have faith that this management group will make the right call on whether the price is worth it or not to make the move. Especially if it's a trade and sign situation.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t think TO can do it ,  their journalists j write about  every player that might be traded as though they are going to TO.

Didnt Treliving resign from Calgary and leave them in that mess ?

Toronto needs goalies.

And they need Defence.

Giordano is 40, and can't play huge minutes anymore.

Klingberg is a disaster that only Edmonton would love.

Brodie and Rielly are the only decent defencemen.

The other spare parts are meh.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And they need Defence.

Giordano is 40, and can't play huge minutes anymore.

Klingberg is a disaster that only Edmonton would love.

Brodie and Rielly are the only decent defencemen.

The other spare parts are meh.

I agree on all counts (though I think Reilly is a very solid damn), but I still think losing Nylander would be disastrous for TO........imo, he might be their most important player.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Would be a larger package deal between both teams I think 

Yeah I was thinking 

TO send

Giordano

Brodie

Jarnkrok

Reaves

for

Flames send

Zadorov

Kadri

Huberdeau retain whole contract 

Treliving will jump all over this lol

Go Canucks - who cares about everyone else 

Just now, stawns said:

I agree on all counts (though I think Reilly is a very solid damn), but I still think losing Nylander would be disastrous for TO........imo, he might be their most important player.

That's the complete irony. He's one of the most affordable, doesn't have an NTC, yet is the most consistent Leaf players they have. Honestly I get why they went for Tavares. But it's killed their cap situation ever since. However Nylander for Leo Carlsson and Noah Warren from Anaheim would give some youth. Maybe the Ducks will want to trade for right now?