[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

wasn't that Rathbone? we have no idea what Brewski is going to be, but I do know he won't be ready to be part of this current core group. 

Its debatable about how much we should trade for Zadorov, but projecting this kid as a "second Huggy" is kind of out there imo. 

Agreed. But I'd rather have him in our prospect pool, who's ready in two or three years, instead. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

If the Flames are willing to trade Zadorov, then they are also willing to trade other players whose contracts are expiring this season.

In that case, I think Toronto would prefer Tanev. They already have too many LDs playing on their offside (McCabe, Brodie) and they really need a right handed shutdown style Dman in their top 4 imo. I could see the Flames making a trade of Tanev ($1m retained) in exchange for Klingberg + 2024 1st round pick.

Zadorov fits better within the Canucks roster. I could also see the Flames trading Zadorov for Beauvillier + 2025 2nd round pick.

Start the car!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

39 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t think TO can do it ,  their journalists j write about  every player that might be traded as though they are going to TO.

Didnt Treliving resign from Calgary and leave them in that mess ?

Toronto needs goalies.

And defensemen, who can actually play defense. 😆

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Thank you. I have been seeing some of these posts and frankly people scare the shit out of me with where this team is at and who they want to throw at a pending ufa.

Someone just asked if Soucy for Zadorov be fair wtf no. Canucks need another 4/5 guy. They can sign Bear within the month and fill that role, add depth with no asset expense.

Offseason can look to sign players. Be a major kick in the teeth to the whole process here in Vancouver to expend prospects and a roster player for Zadorov.

He averages 18 mins of ice a game. He through his agent is complaining about thinking he deserves more ice time. If he were in Vancouver he'd be earning less. He is not as steady or reliable nor have the smarts as a Cole or Soucy.

I think a lot of the deals being contemplated herein include moving Beauvillier and/or Garland to Calgary.

I consider both of these to be cap dumps.

So we will have to include value to:

Get Zadorov, and

Get rid of Garland (and his large contract with term), and/or

Get rid of Beauvillier (and his large contract).

I agree that some of the names being tossed around are scary, e.g. Podkolzin, Brzustewicz, Lekkerimäki, etc.

And the first is ok, but only if we get Calgary's 2nd back, so only moving down a handful of spots.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

if flames retain 750k ill think about it... otherwise we could retain 50% on Beau ourselves... Zad at 3m is still a touch overpaid imo likely between the value of schenn and soucy... seeing as cole is better than Zad thats the best i can do...

Maybe if you go in the back and talk to your manager...

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I definitely don't want to over pay for Z...only if the price is right. 

For once I have faith that this management group will make the right call on whether the price is worth it or not to make the move. Especially if it's a trade and sign situation.

Exactly. And I mentioned last night, it's Calgary who's in a desperate position, knowing he's going to walk at the end of the year. 

Unless, Allvin fleeces the Flamers, no go. There's no need for us to make a desperate move. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's the complete irony. He's one of the most affordable, doesn't have an NTC, yet is the most consistent Leaf players they have. Honestly I get why they went for Tavares. But it's killed their cap situation ever since. However Nylander for Leo Carlsson and Noah Warren from Anaheim would give some youth. Maybe the Ducks will want to trade for right now?

Sorry, but that I highly doubt the Ducks would be interested in. 

Make it a deadline blockbuster. 

To Van Big Z + Lindholm 

To Calgary 2024 1st + Brock + 2025 2nd + Hunter B

Kuz Pete Mik

Garland Lindholm Miller

Hog Suter Beau

Dakota Beluger Laf/Di G 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Zad

Soucy Myers

Brock is playing great but moving him and letting Beau Myers walk may be the ticket to having the cap flex to re up all 3 of Lindholm, Pete, Hronek. Zadorov would be rental unless he signs cheap. 

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Exactly. And I mentioned last night, it's Calgary who's in a desperate position, knowing he's going to walk at the end of the year. 

Unless, Allvin fleeces the Flamers, no go. There's no need for us to make a desperate move. 

I don't think Calgary is in a desperate situation, they'll hang onto their assets to the tdl unless they get a killer deal.  If Van wants Zadorov, they're going to have to overpay and they're in no position to overpay at this phase, imo

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I don't think Calgary is in a desperate situation, they'll hang onto their assets to the tdl unless they get a killer deal.  If Van wants Zadorov, they're going to have to overpay and they're in no position to overpay at this phase, imo

Fair enough, but, they are the ones who know he's walking for nothing at the end of the year, so there's more urgency in their camp, rather than ours. 

I am not interested in overpaying. He obviously has ties to Russian Canuck players and their agent. 

But there's no way I'd give up much. It would include Beau or Garland to start. 

If it's Garland, as much as I appreciate his hustle and skill level, he would clear $5 mil a year? 

And Beauvillier walks at the end of the year, unless they can trade him at the TDL. 

18 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Make it a deadline blockbuster. 

To Van Big Z + Lindholm 

To Calgary 2024 1st + Brock + 2025 2nd + Hunter B

Kuz Pete Mik

Garland Lindholm Miller

Hog Suter Beau

Dakota Beluger Laf/Di G 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Zad

Soucy Myers

Brock is playing great but moving him and letting Beau Myers walk may be the ticket to having the cap flex to re up all 3 of Lindholm, Pete, Hronek. Zadorov would be rental unless he signs cheap. 

Why would we trade for a player we can’t re-sign?

People need to dial it back on how close we are to being cup contenders. 😂

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

People really overrating Zadorov, likely because of his size. Calling him big Z? 😆 He's nowhere near Chara's level.

Absolutely should not be spending premium assets on a bottom pair D, especially one who is a rental.

Re-signing him also has the potential to be another Myers contract.

He’s gonna get paid much more than he’s worth.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

With Milstein being Zadorov's agent I don't think signing an extension will be a big problem. 

Plus he's got Russian friends on the Canucks. I think he'll be happy to come to Vancouver. 

It’s absolutely insane to me how quickly our team went from a Russian graveyard to the place all Russians want to play

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

The question I have is how does this team get past Vegas in a playoff series without more size and toughness?

-Something around Connor Garland for Mason Marchment (I doubt the Stars accept this trade but go with me here).

-Beauvillier + SmallAdd for Zadorov

Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev

PDG-Miller-Boeser

Marchment-Suter-Hoglander

Joshua-Bluegar-Lafferty

Hughes-Zadorov

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Demko

DeSmith

While we probably still wouldn't be able to beat Vegas, maybe the above line-up gives us a bit of physical pushback?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

A top 3 RHD is going to cost us the same assets as the Hronek deal. I don’t see management doing that again. Especially after we just drafted Willander who hopefully becomes that player. 

Zadorov has averaged 18:10 in ice time in his career. Soucy is at 16:20. So there’s a difference of almost 2 minutes a night. So I don’t see them as identical players. 

For the right price I would be all over him. He’s a prototypical Tocchet hockey player. 

I think this is the main question - what is the right price? The biggest goal is not to break the current team chemistry and not to mortgage the future.

• Cheers 2