[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

-Something around Connor Garland for Mason Marchment (I doubt the Stars accept this trade but go with me here).

-Beauvillier + SmallAdd for Zadorov

Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev

PDG-Miller-Boeser

Marchment-Suter-Hoglander

Joshua-Bluegar-Lafferty

Hughes-Zadorov

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Demko

DeSmith

While we probably still wouldn't be able to beat Vegas, maybe the above line-up gives us a bit of physical pushback?

MM could be a great add, but Dallas seems pretty set to me.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

kuzya underscore 096

zadorov underscore 16

mikheyev undercover

Is that Milstein in the middle?

Z's kid at the end I assume.

I don’t think it’s Milstein in the middle, he looks different. But it’s definitely Milstein’s boat.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Why would we trade for a player we can’t re-sign?

People need to dial it back on how close we are to being cup contenders. 😂

Its called a rental Zadorov would be a good one. Lindholm could be a core piece on our team.

Edited by Hammertime

19 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Awesome work

So on the 111 point team, Zadorov was the #6 D in terms of ice time

On the 90-some point teams he was the #5

And on the 55 point team, he was the #3

The 28 year old 6'6" 235 lb physical presence has averaged 0.22 ppg and 102 Pims in the NHL

Proof that we would get a bottom pair guy who plays physical (which is what we want) for $3.75M + a raise for next season.

He is very much a comparable to Soucy (3.25 for 3 yrs including this year) or Cole (3.0 for 1 year) but with a higher cap hit

I'd rather let some other team overpay for the guy

I think Zadorov’s request to be traded is because he is obviously unhappy with team play and feels he can contribute more ..

I don’t think money is the major issue for Zadorov ,  I think happiness and term are what he is hoping to land,   In the right city .

Russians players also like a sense of “community” with a team.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I don't think Calgary is in a desperate situation, they'll hang onto their assets to the tdl unless they get a killer deal.  If Van wants Zadorov, they're going to have to overpay and they're in no position to overpay at this phase, imo

Ya, overpay for what?

Last summer, Allvin was sniffing around Zadorov when he was looking for size on the back end and got nowhere.  Instead he added Cole and Soucy who are both cheaper and better players.  All Z brings is more physicality.  He's flat out NOT a top 4 D.

All adding Z at this point does is guild the lily; it would be a redundancy.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

please look at all the teams and players zadorov has played with... and tell me he is a top 4 defenceman... he is overpaid!!!!!

Untitled-8.png.367adabd6426695f6a64785d2ab03bee.png

Untitled-4.thumb.png.2226301c5e7d58de0a4b26b6653d64dc.png

Untitled-5.thumb.png.9890377485a84506bd00984098b72b58.png

Untitled-6.thumb.png.f82476d8142327d6ece2c5c9710d67f9.png

26 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Awesome work

So on the 111 point team, Zadorov was the #6 D in terms of ice time

On the 90-some point teams he was the #5

And on the 55 point team, he was the #3

The 28 year old 6'6" 235 lb physical presence has averaged 0.22 ppg and 102 Pims in the NHL

Proof that we would get a bottom pair guy who plays physical (which is what we want) for $3.75M + a raise for next season.

He is very much a comparable to Soucy (3.25 for 3 yrs including this year) or Cole (3.0 for 1 year) but with a higher cap hit

I'd rather let some other team overpay for the guy

Well.

That sums up that.  Wait until he's a UFA or laugh as Treliving wildly over pays for him as a rental and then loses him for nothing or overpays him a contract he is not worth.

Then we can get back to offering a 1st +++ for Anderson who Calgary took for our 2nd round pick 

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

-Something around Connor Garland for Mason Marchment (I doubt the Stars accept this trade but go with me here).

PDG-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Bluegar-Lafferty

Hughes-Zadorov

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Demko

DeSmith

While we probably still wouldn't be able to beat Vegas, maybe the above line-up gives us a bit of physical pushback?

A bottom pair defencemen with Hughes.

I thought we were past that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

If Zadorov wants to be a Canuck then wait till July and sign him. Tanev would be the D out of the 3 we might want and sign him to an extension to give Hughes back his old D partner and slot Hronek to form a better 2nd pair.

What is the price for Tanev tho, we should NOT be moving picks anymore, so if the Lames want one of our prospects like Klimovich then maybe him and Beau for Tanev? Teams might offer as high as a 1st for Tanev at the TDL if he is healthy... so Calgary might hold out on moving all 3 D until the TDL to get a bidding war but take the risk of players getting hurt. IF they want they can have Myers for cap reasons with us retaining to make it work

Just now, Pears said:

Zadorov most definitely is not a bottom pair guy lol. He's good for around 25 points, very solid defensively and actually uses his 6'6" 240lbs. 

He is a number 4 at best.

It’s best the Canucks let the Leafs overpay.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

PDG-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Bluegar-Lafferty

Hughes-Zadorov

Cole-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Demko

DeSmith

You realize we beat Vegas 5-1 and lost 2 games by a 1 goal difference in 3 games last season right? We also had a much lesser and chaotic team. We don’t need any additions to beat Vegas.

• Thanks 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I know, I know, I was kidding (did you see my spoiler tag?).  

Was with some friends the day other and someone referred to Hirose as a 'Chinaman' which caused me to spit out my beer laughing (he also knows that Hirose was born and raised in Canada and is of Japanese descent).  Was a bad joke but was meant to be harmless and for shits and gigs. 

A bad joke....really!! 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

You realize we beat Vegas 5-1 and lost 2 games by a 1 goal difference in 3 games last season right? We also had a much lesser and chaotic team. We don’t need any additions to beat Vegas.

Eh, playoffs are a lot more different than the season though. Need more physicality and more grinders imo. That's a big part as to why Vegas had success.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

He is a number 4 at best.

It’s best the Canucks let the Leafs overpay.

On Calgary he’s unhappy with being a #5 and thinks he should be playing more. Andersson, Weegar & Hannifin are the top 3 and Z is getting the same ice time as Tanev at 18 & change/game. Not sure who he thinks he should bump.

13 games in after making the playoffs only once (asterisk season) in the last 8 years while having little on the farm until now is not the time to start trading assets & for overpaying for rentals imo. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Wow...lots of crazy stuff being proposed. I like the idea of adding the physical element of Zadorov, but only #1 if he will re-sign at a reasonable rate and #2, we don't over mortgage future for right now. Friedman has been okay, but he's playing sheltered minutes, we really need someone who can handle 16 - 18 minutes per night.

I would offer up:

To Vancouver:

Zadorov

2025 6th round pick

To Calgary:

Beauvillier - 1.1 million retained

Friedman - They need another NHL ready D

McDonough - I don't think this kid works in bottom 6 and I don't think he has the foot speed to play top 6, just my opinion

2023 4th, ours or NJ's, whichever is higher

With that, Calgary gets a LD/RD who can fill in for them through the rest of the season and can flip at the deadline for a late round pick

They get a middle 6 guy who is capable of putting up points who they can try and re-sign or flip at the deadline with additional retained for a 2nd round pick.

They get a B level prospect who has a cannon for a shot who they can work on developing into a rounded middle six player, but I really don't see that opening for McDonough here in Vancouver.

Calgary loses a few thousand of their LTIR relief fund (less then 100k), and Vancouver gains roughly the same.

I would only do this deal if Zadorov has already agreed to an extension in the 4.5 - 4.75 million range for 3 years.

I don't see any team trading for him this far from the deadline, unless they have a deal in place to re-sign him. 

IMO, this is a pretty fair deal for everyone. Zadorov doesn't have trade protection, but the fact that he can say yes or no to signing an extension for a team, does give him some control on who will buy on him.

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

On Calgary he’s unhappy with being a #5 and thinks he should be playing more. Andersson, Weegar & Hannifin are the top 3 and Z is getting the same ice time as Tanev at 18 & change/game. Not sure who he thinks he should bump.

13 games in after making the playoffs only once (asterisk season) in the last 8 years while having little on the farm until now is not the time to start trading assets & for overpaying for rentals imo. 

I agree, I’m a fan of the player but he’s slightly overrated on here and as you said now is not the time to be overpaying.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Pears said:

Zadorov most definitely is not a bottom pair guy lol. He's good for around 25 points, very solid defensively and actually uses his 6'6" 240lbs. 

I agree with you, I see him as a middle pairing guy. He would allow us the flexibility of keeping Hughes and Hronek together. In my opinion, the reason they are experimenting with them apart right now is because they don't see Friedman being able to manage more than 12 - 13 min per night. We really do need someone who can handle 16 - 18 min per night, middle pairing guy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I'm the opposite. We gotta start getting to the playoffs. You really think Hughes and Pettersson are gonna want to stick around and wait for us to figure things out? Take advantage of the next couple of years while the rest of the division besides us, Vegas and LA are in a tailspin. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1