[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I really don’t want Tanev here ,  be lucky to get 45-50 games out of him just for a Happy Ending for some fans here to feel warm and fuzzy.

His next contract is all about playing safe and retiring..  not unlike LE.

Someone else here wanted to dig up Edler out of the grave ..    Lol..

Ian Cole has been everything Edler should have been .

just sayin.

chris tanev doesn't know how to play safe. give me a break. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Man I hope not, I really think Podz is going to be a quality player.

It's has to be Beau or Garland going back for cap space, plus some prospects but Podz is too high a price imo.

I wouldn't do Podz either; think he can come back to play on 3/4th line this year. 

For Zadorov, anything greater than Beau and a 3rd is to high. IF Garland is in the equation, it would only be a straight trade. Garland has been playing absolutely great the last week or so. He was our best player in Ott and TO. Who would have thought that playing with some bigger more physical players was the answer (sarcasm meter high)! In terms of his cap hit if we REALLY need the change, he will be an easy unload this summer if he keeps playing well. Beau on the other hand...he offers nothing on the 4th in my opinion; doesn't have the garland hustle.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I wouldn't do Podz either; think he can come back to play on 3/4th line this year. 

For Zadorov, anything greater than Beau and a 3rd is to high. IF Garland is in the equation, it would only be a straight trade. Garland has been playing absolutely great the last week or so. He was our best player in Ott and TO. Who would have thought that playing with some bigger more physical players was the answer (sarcasm meter high)! In terms of his cap hit if we REALLY need the change, he will be an easy unload this summer if he keeps playing well. Beau on the other hand...he offers nothing on the 4th in my opinion; doesn't have the garland hustle.

Yeah even Beau and a 2nd for a absolute maximum. If that's doesn't get something done we gotta wait till the Deadline. Maximize his value retain a million and get a pick or something, definitely can't be burning our prospects with the big contracts coming up. We all need to remember Demko isn't signed forever either, and those ELCs are gonna keep the core together 

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

That guy eh, "dig up Edler, Ian Cole is everything Edler could've been" lmao what the hell is he talking about! Yikes some people suffer from deep issues and lash out in weird ways lmao 

Trust me ,  there are many others here who get  tired of the ones who bring it up,

”the ones” being fixated on bringing the likes of Tanev and Edler back are the “the ones” kicking over headstones.

lol

In 8 years they’ll want Horvat back 🙂 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Seems like leafs media going wild with this story in no way do we win a trade if there is a bidding war there pushing hard in articles everywhere lol leafs package will be way stronger based on there desperation i dont wanna see allvin play ball we have some guys that can fill the void of soucy rn lets play it smart 

3 minutes ago, TopCheese said:

Seems like leafs media going wild with this story in no way do we win a trade if there is a bidding war there pushing hard in articles everywhere lol leafs package will be way stronger based on there desperation i dont wanna see allvin play ball we have some guys that can fill the void of soucy rn lets play it smart 

yea, best not to get into a bidding war with Toronto. they're all in every season as long as they have Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Nylander (maybe) - their Core Four. But they need the defensive help more than we do. If they win the Zadorov sweepstakes, then we need to look elsewhere for an upgrade. Is Peeke still available in Columbus? He's no Zadorov, but might be second best? 

Seeing as Toronto doesn't have the flexibility and chips due to all their NTC, that leaves NJ and us as the most interested.  NJ has 1m in cap and would need to send 2.9m back; outside of Toffoli and Haula (NTC) I don't think they have the pieces to make it work.

So what makes sense for a trade with us?

VAN: Zadorov

CGY: Beau, Wolanin + 3rd

Calgary can put Wolanin on the roster in place of Zadorov while getting a pick and can flip Beau for another pick.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol zadorov as much as you want to hate him with everything u got is better than myers soucy friedman juulsen and whoever that's playing in the top 4 right now

look at my comprehensive post of his playing years the last 7 seasons... you will notice some very familiar names... and why would we be comparing friedman or juulsen to zadorov here, it doesnt change what im arguing... obviously Zadorov is better than them...

as for Soucy and Myers... that does automatically ring true with me... Zadorov has mainly been used as a 5th defenceman. With Myers we used him as out top RD for 4/5 last years. This year Myers has been playing a tweener role 4th d but 5th line minutes against easier opponents, and hes been playing great.

Soucy has been a 5th Defenceman pretty much the last 3 seasons... and the main thing is he is a LD not A RD, so we aren't comparing him fairly, although id argue Soucy is just as good.

Zad has played with cole for 2 seasons Cole was the better Defenceman... im glad you recognize that. But a reduced minutes myers playing against weaker competition? vs Zadorov is not a hands down LULZ Zads is better.... Myers was playing more minutes than Tanev and pretty much any other defenceman... unfortunately what everyone has been arguing the past 4 seasons that Myers is only a 4/5th defenceman seems true... but Zadorov is a 5th defenceman too and so is Soucy...

He will make our team better there is no doubt in my mind, but Zad is not a top 4... when Calgary plays Tanev over him and we played Myers over Tanev... 

1 hour ago, Dankmemes187 said:

look at my comprehensive post of his playing years the last 7 seasons... you will notice some very familiar names... and why would we be comparing friedman or juulsen to zadorov here, it doesnt change what im arguing... obviously Zadorov is better than them...

as for Soucy and Myers... that does automatically ring true with me... Zadorov has mainly been used as a 5th defenceman. With Myers we used him as out top RD for 4/5 last years. This year Myers has been playing a tweener role 4th d but 5th line minutes against easier opponents, and hes been playing great.

Soucy has been a 5th Defenceman pretty much the last 3 seasons... and the main thing is he is a LD not A RD, so we aren't comparing him fairly, although id argue Soucy is just as good.

Zad has played with cole for 2 seasons Cole was the better Defenceman... im glad you recognize that. But a reduced minutes myers playing against weaker competition? vs Zadorov is not a hands down LULZ Zads is better.... Myers was playing more minutes than Tanev and pretty much any other defenceman... unfortunately what everyone has been arguing the past 4 seasons that Myers is only a 4/5th defenceman seems true... but Zadorov is a 5th defenceman too and so is Soucy...

He will make our team better there is no doubt in my mind, but Zad is not a top 4... when Calgary plays Tanev over him and we played Myers over Tanev... 

myers playing more minutes than tanev therefore he's better?? situation and deployment obviously don't matter to you, and you only care about how many minutes the stats say they played. have you ever thought about in 19-20 season Myers was signed and brought in as a top defenceman and he was playing with Edler as our top pair?? or the fact that tanev was playing with Hughes in sheltered minutes in his first season? you think they are going to put myers out with hughes?? myers will always end up with more minutes regardless because he plays the PK and PP where tanev only plays the pk and 0 pp. 

zadorov primary partners in calgary have been weegar andersson tanev and that 1 year gudbranson.. so if he's a #5 defenceman playing the 3rd pairing.. i guess weegar andersson and tanev are all 3rd pairing defenceman in this league. using minutes played as a metric to deterine whether he's a top 4 or a bottom 2 is the dumbest logic i've seen in a while.. there are so many things that factors into minutes played.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The timing of this trade speculation says that we can afford to be patient and not to desperately over bid. Other teams need help right now. We can probably wait a bit and see what we can buy as the season goes on. Wolanin adding more defense first habits could help us a lot. Let's give him a chance. Plus let's wait and see if Milstein can help get us a reasonable price.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

myers playing more minutes than tanev therefore he's better?? situation and deployment obviously don't matter to you, and you only care about how many minutes the stats say they played. have you ever thought about in 19-20 season Myers was signed and brought in as a top defenceman and he was playing with Edler as our top pair?? or the fact that tanev was playing with Hughes in sheltered minutes in his first season? you think they are going to put myers out with hughes?? myers will always end up with more minutes regardless because he plays the PK and PP where tanev only plays the pk and 0 pp. 

zadorov primary partners in calgary have been weegar andersson tanev and that 1 year gudbranson.. so if he's a #5 defenceman playing the 3rd pairing.. i guess weegar andersson and tanev are all 3rd pairing defenceman in this league. using minutes played as a metric to deterine whether he's a top 4 or a bottom 2 is the dumbest logic i've seen in a while.. there are so many things that factors into minutes played.

lol thats the weirdest take iver ever heard... the best players play the most minutes... PERIOD!!! your best players PLAY the MOST minutes PERIOD!!! dont be a fool

• Vintage 1

Some fans want to package deals to get Zad and Tanev. Calgary is one of the poorer teams in the NHL and yet we want their questionable d-men. A definite no to Tanev who won't last the first playoff round and a question mark on Zad because of the anticipated price. Maybe Beau and Wolanin but that is moving d-side depth and Beau likely gets a 3rd or even a 2nd equivalent later in the year closer to the TDL. Alvin is dealing from strength based on the teams performance. He can wait. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

lol thats the weirdest take iver ever heard... the best players play the most minutes... PERIOD!!! your best players PLAY the MOST minutes PERIOD!!! dont be a fool

Lol there are plenty of players that plays in certain position and their ice time varies. A guy that plays pk and pp will always play more min than a guy that plays pk only. Does that make him a worse player? No? Just because he’s really good defensively and there are much better option offensively? By your take garland is one of the worse player on the team since he is bottom 3 in ice time among regular forwards. 

Bergeron is a worse player than Marchand because he plays 2min less average than Marchand last season by your standard 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol there are plenty of players that plays in certain position and their ice time varies. A guy that plays pk and pp will always play more min than a guy that plays pk only. Does that make him a worse player? No? Just because he’s really good defensively and there are much better option offensively? By your take garland is one of the worse player on the team since he is bottom 3 in ice time among regular forwards. 

Bergeron is a worse player than Marchand because he plays 2min less average than Marchand last season by your standard 

marchand was better than bergeron that true...

15 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I stand corrected, Bertuzzi might not be the right trade chip. 

Seems CGY is willing to take draft picks and prospects in return. Any chance it's Podkolzin+ for Zadorov? 

If Podkolzin is being traded in a package we better be getting Rasmussen Andersson back 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Last year's Hronek trade taught me that miracles do exist and you can trade for a young top pairing Rd hitting his prime for a mid first and a high second 

You also get to skip all the development years and inject him into the line up as a 2D.

When I look at Z, I like his size, physicality and mobility. I don't know about his smarts. Does he make mental errors and poor decisions or is he steady and error free? 

Myers looks great in 3rd pairing because there's less pressure. Both in terms of ice time and quality of competition. Does Z need sheltering like that or can he handle a heavy workload on the 2nd pairing? Is it better to give up a little more and get a Pesce, Andersson calibre player? 

I trust our pro scouting to make the right call. I do think we need help on D if we are going to make a push this playoffs 

11 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah even Beau and a 2nd for a absolute maximum. If that's doesn't get something done we gotta wait till the Deadline. Maximize his value retain a million and get a pick or something, definitely can't be burning our prospects with the big contracts coming up. We all need to remember Demko isn't signed forever either, and those ELCs are gonna keep the core together 

For sure. Even a 2nd is too high for a rental at this point. Beau is good value to another team also; Good player (would fill a roster spot in Cgy) on an expiring contract. I reality, he'll probably fetch a 4/5 rnder in Feb with some $$ retained.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Zadorov wants alot  more ice time.  He won't get it in Vancouver.

Is there a source for this? He's playing around 18 minutes a game which is not nothing. Sometimes it's close to 20 minutes.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1