[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

I’m a big fan of zadorov but this coaching staff seems hell bent on lefties on the left and righties on the right so I don’t see him being a fit right now 

tanev is the target for us 

Hughes-hronek

Cole-tanev 

Is a top 4 that could close out a tight game in the playoffs…yes playoffs 

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I've liked Zadorov for a long time but wonder about the fit.

To me Soucy is kind of a similar caliber player & we already brought him in on a multi-year deal. We need a righty, makes more sense to target Tanev.

Maybe we could sign Zads when Cole's deal expires, but then again I like Cole & would welcome him back tbh. Zads probably wants a significant raise from 3.75 aswell.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Leafs have nothing to offer other than draft picks and garbage prospects...

They may be willing to move one of Bertuzzi or Domi, given how poorly they have gelled with the team and how desperate they are for defensemen. 

I'm not keen on spending anything for Zadorov. May as well wait until the offseason and sign him. Though I've heard mixed reviews on his ability. I think he could turn into a new slightly better chaos giraffe who hits. I've seen Calgary folk say he can be frustrating to watch, the potential to be great, but often doesn't execute well. 

We'll have a logjam on D with the Coaching staff wanting to keep Lefty-Righty, and I've liked Cole, especially for his cap hit. Zadorov will most certainly be more expensive

Just now, Sophomore Jinx said:

Yup, and PA is smarter, and more capable of sealing any deal...there's the Millstein factor too maybe

Yes.  The question is does a team simply want to trade for him as a rental, or try and get an extension signed too?  That's where Milstein comes in.  100% Zadorov would sign an extension to play in Vancouver with his other Gold Star buddies.  The only question is what do we need to trade to Calgary to get big Z here?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes.  The question is does a team simply want to trade for him as a rental, or try and get an extension signed too?  That's where Milstein comes in.  100% Zadorov would sign an extension to play in Vancouver with his other Gold Star buddies.  The only question is what do we need to trade to Calgary to get big Z here?

Beau, Woo, and a 2nd...the new Raymond, Ballard, and a 2nd haha

Seriously though, I wonder if CGY is high on any of our prospects/Baby Nux (not named Podz)

1 hour ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Canucks interested in a trade is a bit more speculation/an inference, but I expect we’ll be among the teams looking at him along with Toronto. 

EDIT: Nvm, Dhaliwal confirmed this

I like the idea.  Zadorov does qualify as Top 4 calibre even if he's around the #4 calibre.   

He'd be what Tryamkin should have been for us.

• Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, Billabong said:

I’m a big fan of zadorov but this coaching staff seems hell bent on lefties on the left and righties on the right so I don’t see him being a fit right now 

tanev is the target for us 

Hughes-hronek

Cole-tanev 

Is a top 4 that could close out a tight game in the playoffs…yes playoffs 

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Plus won't break the bank in a trade.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Brad Treliving is GM in Toronto.  He'll overpay and out bid the Canucks..

This is a solid player. Top 4 on almost every team in the NHL. Would be awesome to have him but with Leafs needing a D upgrade badly means they'll out bid us..

What can Lafs offer?Not much

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I've liked Zadorov for a long time but wonder about the fit.

To me Soucy is kind of a similar caliber player & we already brought him in on a multi-year deal. We need a righty, makes more sense to target Tanev.

Maybe we could sign Zads when Cole's deal expires, but then again I like Cole & would welcome him back tbh. Zads probably wants a significant raise from 3.75 aswell.

Cole can play both sides