[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

His agent.

Okay, well assuming that's the case and given his current ice time, that seems like something he likely won't get no matter where he goes, at least not without having earned it on whatever team he's on.

Also, thanks for specifying. Too many people make statements out their backend so I like to make sure sometimes. lol

18 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Zadorov wants alot  more ice time.  He won't get it in Vancouver.

I think this is more about positioning himself for his next contract.. and GETTING that opportunity.

With the possibility of Cole and Myers moving on after this season (UFA’s) also,   Zadorov would have a better opportunity here for more ice and progression.

im not really into stats that much,. But I’d say Zadorov’s curve is rising in many situations..

he would be a great addition to this core age wise on a 3 - 4 year contract around the same money ..

If Calgary is going to move any D man first to secure Hanafin,  it will more than likely be the the now outspoken Zadorov,.

hope to see him here.

from a SN writer recently:

4E2329DE-C2B4-47CA-871B-FF6D5260EAAA.thumb.jpeg.5626ce97def93d00d7a5bec1b806e54f.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I stand corrected, Bertuzzi might not be the right trade chip. 

Seems CGY is willing to take draft picks and prospects in return. Any chance it's Podkolzin+ for Zadorov? 

Who let Benning into this group? Calgary would trade Zadorov ++ for Podz in a heartbeat. The idea is for us to screw them, not the other way around. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Some fans want to package deals to get Zad and Tanev. Calgary is one of the poorer teams in the NHL and yet we want their questionable d-men. A definite no to Tanev who won't last the first playoff round and a question mark on Zad because of the anticipated price. Maybe Beau and Wolanin but that is moving d-side depth and Beau likely gets a 3rd or even a 2nd equivalent later in the year closer to the TDL. Alvin is dealing from strength based on the teams performance. He can wait. 

I agree that losing Wolanin hurts but we are deep on LD with Hirose and Breezer still in the mix and looking close to a spot while Zadorov plugs right into the roster (a couple more Lefty's looking to graduate to pro in d-petey and Truscott). Zad and Cole can both play the right side which give us more flexibility.

Cole - Zadorov

Soucy - Myers

Big bottom 4 that will make it tough for other teams.  I've noticed other teams have trouble with the size of our the bottom 4, though the d group had a bit of trouble handling the Leafs bigger forward group and didn't do so great once Soucy went down and Myers was hurt.

If we want to go on a deep run this year, Zadorov is the right player to help round out the d group.  If we can find space to sign Bear as well, we'll be really cooking.

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Trust me ,  there are many others here who get  tired of the ones who bring it up,

”the ones” being fixated on bringing the likes of Tanev and Edler back are the “the ones” kicking over headstones.

lol

In 8 years they’ll want Horvat back 🙂 

12 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

david tennant puke GIF

I don’t think Zadorov earns them the return many are expecting, I don’t think he’s some hugely impactful player, and I do think he’s a perfect fit for us.

A big intimidating Russian monster of a defender is an addition that makes our lineup pop imo

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Zadorov

Soucy - Myers

Friedman

Demko-DeSmith

Defense wins championships

Beauvillier and 1st (2024) for Zadorov is a guess

Canucks clear cap space, I think the Flames have the cap space. 

According to some beat writers, however, Zadorov is NOT a good fit for the Canucks as he is a Third pairing D, and hasn't been a top 4 D since his days in Colorado. Do we need another 3D playing above his means? Look at how you all criticize Myers.

19 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Man with all these trade suggestions of our first for a 3rd pairing D, I sure am glad Alivin isn't as reckless as CFF

Yeah that’s way too rich for my blood.  If management likes him, and he’s signing with us, a 2nd should be more than enough.  Personally, I could see him getting a 3rd.  That’s all Schenn got and he’s just as physical, a natural righty and played lights out for both us and the leafs after the trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hirose got called up. CGY probably wants to see him back up in the NHL see how he looks before making the trade for Zadorov. 

Hirose Raty Beauvillier for Zadorov. 

No chance we’re giving up Hirose or Raty for a rental.

Dream on Calgary! 😂

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hirose got called up. CGY probably wants to see him back up in the NHL see how he looks before making the trade for Zadorov. 

Hirose Raty Beauvillier for Zadorov. 

I could see Hirose + Beau but definitely not with Raty as well.  

To me, Raty is off the table unless a C is coming back.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Pretty much.

We’re too thin at center even if Raty is playing wing right now. Too much upside there to give up on early especially with how he’s been playing lately.

They can have Beauvillier, Hirose, and like a 3rd. That’s fair value.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No chance we’re giving up Hirose or Raty for a rental.

Dream on Calgary! 😂

They're not likely to turn into anything great..

Hirose 24 has been nothing great. Zero points in 13 games.  And CGY is taking back a cap dump in Beauvillier. A 4th liner making $4+ million.

CGY would want more to tell you the truth. Cancuks should jump on it if CGY agrees to that. 

It's a Canucks homer trade proposal and you're on here saying that's too much. Lol. 

Edit. I posted Raty 24 not 21. Corrected. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

They're both 24 years old. Not likely to turn into anything great..

Raty 24 is a bottom 6 forward in the minors. Hirose 24 has been nothing great. Zero points in 13 games.  And CGY is taking back a cap dump in Beauvillier. A 4th liner making $4+ million.

CGY would want more to tell you the truth. Cancuks should jump on it if CGY agrees to that. 

It's a Canucks homer trade proposal and you're on here saying that's too much. Lol. 

Raty is 21 yrs old, not 24, big diff

He is improving

He is a two way centre so projected to be a 3C or tweeter 3C/2C at the high end

He is 0.6ppg right now as a 2 way C.... not a bust 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Gotta pay for Beauvillier cap dump. He has negative value. 

He's a complete cap dump. If we just wanted to trade him we'd have to give something of value along with him for other team to take him. 

Zadorov has positive trade value plus he makes less than Beauvillier.  

I'm not sure CGY accepts the proposal I made but if they do PA would take it and run. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Raty is 21 yrs old, not 24, big diff

He is improving

He is a two way centre so projected to be a 3C or tweeter 3C/2C at the high end

He is 0.6ppg right now as a 2 way C.... not a bust 

Ya my mistake on the age. I knew he was younger just made a mistake.

He's nothing great. Bottom 6 in the minors..

CGY would ask for Bains. But we can't do that.  He's too good. So we give Raty.

They probably get better package from another team. 

Canucks fans have a habit to over value their prospects.  

54 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Zadorov

Soucy - Myers

Friedman

Demko-DeSmith

Defense wins championships

Beauvillier and 1st (2024) for Zadorov is a guess

Canucks clear cap space, I think the Flames have the cap space. 

We're not giving up a 1st for Zadorov. I don't think Beauvillier alone gets it done, just because D have higher value than wingers, but I think there's a lot of speculation out there that is being reported as fact (imagine that happening.....)

Whether it's the Canucks or another team that acquire him, I think the value will be roughly what I've proposed earlier in this thread:

To Calgary:

Beauvillier 1 million retained to make cap work

Friedman

2024 4th

To Vancouver:

Zadorov

That's probably still a bit of overpayment, but it is a realistic offer. Beauvillier is capable of putting up point if he is deployed higher in the lineup, Friedman gives them a stop gap on defense and they pickup a draft pick. I could see adding one more later round pick from 2025 or 2026.

12 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

They're not likely to turn into anything great..

Hirose 24 has been nothing great. Zero points in 13 games.  And CGY is taking back a cap dump in Beauvillier. A 4th liner making $4+ million.

Edit. I posted Raty 24 not 21. Corrected. 

And Zadorov is a third pair D that’s overhyped cause he’s big and hits.

He also requested a trade so I’m not sure any team is gonna offer top value.

Id be okay with a Hirose but no to Raty. You’re sleeping on him if you don’t think there’s another level there.

• Cheers 1

Yeah, I don't see Beau as having positive value, maybe neutral value. I've seen folks propose that he could be flipped somewhere like Calgary, and that he could be flipped again for a pick. Thing is, if he could be flipped for a pick why haven't we flipped him yet? If Calgary is taking Beau to facilitate a cap swap we're paying for the favour imo. 

Hirose will be 25 in April, bit old for a prospect. Pretty close to being in he is what he is territory. I wouldn't fuss over moving him. 

Raty is a former second round pick who may or may not someday develop into a 2-3C. Some argue he's being groomed as a potential 3C, if Zadorov is actually a top 4D would you not trade a potential 3C (not even an actual 3C) in a package for him?

There's back and forth as to what Zadorov is (some say 4D, some say less), but if the Canucks believe he's a 4D they'll probably have to pay a top 4D price. His wanting out of Calgary doesn't mean they have to deal with us, it may very well be we'd be better off being outbid by say.. Toronto. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1