[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Zadorov should not require Hoglander....that's silly. If Toronto wants to give up that much value, let them. Then try to sign him in the summer.

Zads is underrated. Flames fans love him. Hogs is a small price to pay to swap Beau's contract and have Zads for a playoff run this year with the potential to re-sign him first. I'd let Hogs go if it meant getting another large and mean defenceman starting right away to go with the others.

Hughes - Hronek

Zodorov - Cole

Soucy - Myers

Demko

DeSmith

This back end in a seven game playoff series, and then Demko behind them... the window would be open starting this season. For the price of Hogs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Zads is underrated. Flames fans love him. Hogs is a small price to pay to swap Beau's contract and have Zads for a playoff run this year with the potential to re-sign him first. I'd let Hogs go if it meant getting another large and mean defenceman starting right away to go with the others.

Hughes - Hronek

Zodorov - Cole

Soucy - Myers

Demko

DeSmith

This back end in a seven game playoff series, and then Demko behind them... the window would be open starting this season. For the price of Hogs.

He's not underrated at all. I've been pumping up us getting him for months. But not for Hoglander.

how-drunk-are-you-right-now-drunk.gif

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Are folks talking about giving up Hoglander for Zad?....🤨

I don't think that's a big problem especially if Zad re signs here.

Our team would be much much better with  a monster like Zab eating up 17 or 18 mins on the back end. 

We need a tough, mean, big, SOB Dman.  Every team needs a guy like him. That's why it won't be cheap to get him. 

With Soucy injured and out for couple of weeks our D looks average at best all of a sudden. We need another legit guy on the back end. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 3

Not down eith including Hogs in the deal. Yeah we'd like Zadorov but we also don't need to do them any favors and they lost all leverage once Zadorov asked for the trade.  They signed him as a UFA so I'm sure they're happy to get anything for him really.

Beau/Garland (I d rather keep Garland and try to move him down the road as @aGENT said).  Klimovich/Mynio/McDonough + late pick.

A top 9 forward, prospect and pick is a damn good haul for a UFA signing you e had for less than 1/4 of the season.  

I also forgot the Calgary has Kylington on IR.  They are ridiculously deep on defense.  They don't need Klingberg but could use another top 9 forward.

Edit: For fun, what if we expand the trade.

Zadorov & Tanev both 50% retained

For

Beauvillier, Juulsen/Wolanin, Hoglander and a 1st.

Edited by Rusty Shackleford

2 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Not down eith including Hogs in the deal. Yeah we'd like Zadorov but we also don't need to do them any favors and they lost all leverage once Zadorov asked for the trade.  They signed him as a UFA so I'm sure they're happy to get anything for him really.

Beau/Garland (I d rather keep Garland and try to move him down the road as @aGENT said).  Klimovich/Mynio/McDonough + late pick.

A top 9 forward, prospect and pick is a damn good haul for a UFA signing you e had for less than 1/4 of the season.  

I also forgot the Calgary has Kylington on IR.  They are ridiculously deep on defense.  They don't need Klingberg but could use another top 9 forward.

I'd rather keep and develop Klim. He has the potential to bring some much needed physical play.

I think Hogs is being overrated a bit because we know him so well but I was hoping for more from him. If Cowtown took him and Garland for NZ we'd be better off overall imo, particularly from a cap pov.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I'd rather keep and develop Klim. He has the potential to bring some much needed physical play.

I think Hogs is being overrated a bit because we know him so well but I was hoping for more from him. If Cowtown took him and Garland for NZ we'd be better off overall imo, particularly from a cap pov.

That's fair and the benefit is we also get Beau's cap off the books at the end of the year as well. 

Seems like there's many ways to skin this cat.  Let's hope PA can pull it out of his hat.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I would hate to play against Garland on the Lames.

Buh bye, Beau 👋 

Beau, Wolanin, 4th

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

give the Lames Beau + Klimovich and Woo and an unprotected future consideration. 

Hog, Podz, Wallinder, Lekke, Petey 2.0, Brzucewits, Silovs are non starters in any trade with the fLames.

I'd take Woo off the block. He's coming into his own and has apparently been the next best dman behind Wolanin. I'd give them Wolanin, tho, due to less runway left for him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I don't know enough to make a decent prediction, but I do know that I would like to have an NHL-proven 6'6" 248lb on the Vancouver Canucks hockey team.

Plus, there is the chance that some intangibles come into play, like the other Russians on the team and staff (Gonchar at least), the chance to decide where he wants to go, and to get perhaps his biggest and best long-term deal for a nice chunk of his career right here in Lotus Land; nice dacha on the beach..

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/what-nikita-zadorov-would-add-to-a-team-that-trades-for-him/

At 6-foot-6 and 248 pounds, Zadorov cuts an intimidating figure. The only defenceman heavier than Zadorov is Seattle’s Jamie Oleksiak, who is listed at 257 pounds. Only six are taller.

Zadorov’s size advantage over most opponents comes into play along the boards, where he wins 2.38 puck battles per 20 minutes in all situations – eighth out of 201 defencemen who have played a minimum of 100 minutes. Zadorov’s long reach makes it difficult for opposing skaters to cross into the Flames’ defensive zone. He has denied 60.5 per cent of all entries attempted against him, which ranks fourth among qualified defenders.

Zadorov, who scored a career-high 14 goals last season, is also capable of pitching in offensively and moves well for a man his size. When given the opportunity to transport the puck, Zadorov has shown he can make plays. He is tied for 21st at the position in carry-ins per 20 that lead to scoring chances.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Why not? He's not going to be a top 6 here.

Don't understand the fascination with Hoglander.  He's a borderline 3rd liner.  Those types of players are a dime a dozen.  Heck, Allvin gets those types every year in free agency.

People who are saying that we can just sign Zadorov for free in the summer don't understand that he is a Milstein client.  Milstein likes to get his guys signed before free agency.  Vladislav Gavrikov is a perfect example.  Zadorov will probably re-sign with the team that trades for him...

I'd easily do Beauvillier and Hoglander for Zadorov.  Next season we have both Podkolzin and Bains and even Aman coming up that are all bigger and better than Hoglander...

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

2 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

I don't know enough to make a decent prediction, but I do know that I would like to have an NHL-proven 6'6" 248lb on the Vancouver Canucks hockey team.

Plus, there is the chance that some intangibles come into play, like the other Russians on the team and staff (Gonchar at least), the chance to decide where he wants to go, and to get perhaps his biggest and best long-term deal for a nice chunk of his career right here in Lotus Land; nice dacha on the beach..

Sergei Gonchar will turn Nikita Zadorov into Sergei Gonchar...

• Like 1