[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Don't understand the fascination with Hoglander.  He's a borderline 3rd liner.  Those types of players are a dime a dozen.  Heck, Allvin gets those types every year in free agency.

People who are saying that we can just sign Zadorov for free in the summer don't understand that he is a Milstein client.  Milstein likes to get his guys signed before free agency.  Vladislav Gavrikov is a perfect example.  Zadorov will probably re-sign with the team that trades for him...

I'd easily do Beauvillier and Hoglander for Zadorov.  Next season we have both Podkolzin and Bains and even Aman coming up that are all bigger and better than Hoglander...

Dunno we tend to hang on to them too long or worry about what they will become. Remember Shinkaruk? 

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Podkolzin, Bains, Aman and Klimovich are all bigger and better than Hoglander and can replace Garland on the 3rd line...

Well, your half right, they're bigger.

I'm not even opposed to moving Hoglander... If it's in a package for say a Pesce or Andersson. But not for Zadarov IMO. He shouldn't cost that much.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Well, your half right, they're bigger.

I'm not even opposed to moving Hoglander... If it's in a package for say a Pesce or Andersson. But not for Zadarov IMO. He shouldn't cost that much.

I think you're over valuing Hogs... Why would he help get us anything like Pesce? If he wasn't waiver eligible he wouldn't be on the roster right now.

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think you're over valuing Hogs... Why would he help get us anything like Pesce? If he wasn't waiver eligible he wouldn't be on the roster right now.

Because Carolina we're reportedly, specifically targeting Hoglander as part of the potential Pesce negotiations in the summer. 

Highly disagree. If it weren't for too many $4m+ wingers in our bottom 6 that we need to play to move, he'd be playing more. Him, Suter and Lafferty have been the best players on those lines.

• Cheers 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Because Carolina we're reportedly, specifically targeting Hoglander as part of the potential Pesce negotiations in the summer. 

Ah, well that makes sense then.

Just now, aGENT said:

Highly disagree. If it weren't for too many $4m+ wingers in our bottom 6 that we need to play to move, he'd be playing more. Him, Suter and Lafferty have been the best players on those lines.

Ok but look at the acquisition prices for those other guys. 

37 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

When the ship is sinking the rats look for higher ground.

With report that Kadri wants no part of rebuild, more questions arise about Flames' future

https://www.reddit.com/r/CalgaryFlames/s/A59SrPioZC

Surprised this didn’t come out earlier 

lindholm, Kadri, Hiberdeau all probs want out bad along with Hanifin and Zadorov 

klimovich+ beauvellier + Karlsson for Tanev and 2024 3rd 

43 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

With report that Kadri wants no part of rebuild, more questions arise about Flames' future

this just makes me think Cowtown will be looking for roster players vs picks. Treliving invested too much in Marky, Huberbust and Nauseam, Weegar - almost 30 mil in cap right there. 

They aren't going to retain money in buyouts for these guys and they would be hard to move. They are going to need roster players under contract back for their UFAs, imo, because they are not going to be a big UFA destination either next year.  

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Top 6 is set for years.Question is will Hogz play at 2 mil forever.Alvin is proactive.If he thinks salary going to change ,Hogs or any other players are gonzo.Garland at 5 mil hurt as hell.You trade extra to got what you need.All i care is Canucks.As i said Hogs is not sweetener for Zadorov.He is sweetener for Garlands contract.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

He's going to be waiting a long time, doubt teams will be lining up with his contract.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

17 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Unless it's to continue to retool on the fly. If they can't move huberbust and Marky then they may not go rebuild.

Marky's up in three years, not ideal but not as painful as it could be 

They're likely locked into Huberdeau unless they retain cap, they could probably move Weegar is they really wanted to 

A team could take interest in Kadri, hard to say 

Things are shifting fast over in Calgary, if they lose most of their top players it may be more of a rebuild than a retool regardless of who is signed to what 

Losing Lindholm, Tanev, Zadorov, and Hanifin in one season/offseason is pretty devastating after losing Gaudreau and Tkachuk not too long ago, players who want to play for a more competitive team will likely try to land elsewhere 

There will always be players who will take NHL jobs so they'll land some players, but the longer they slide I think the more likely it is they won't be competitive sooner than later because the longer they tread water the harder it'll be to attract/retain top talent 

https://calgarysun.com/sports/with-report-that-kadri-wants-no-part-of-rebuild-more-questions-arise-about-flames-future#:~:text=“Kadri signed that long-term,are in a similar situation.”

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I really want Tanev back in Van but I'm scared of the price. Definitely don't wanna give up a 1st, even a 2nd would be tough given we didn't have one either of the last 2 years, but I guess u gotta give to get.

No team in the league is giving up a 1st for Tanev. Even a 2nd is too much. 

Beauvillier for Tanev.

Otherwise we move on, find a different player.

52 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Marky's up in three years, not ideal but not as painful as it could be 

They're likely locked into Huberdeau unless they retain cap, they could probably move Weegar is they really wanted to 

A team could take interest in Kadri, hard to say 

Things are shifting fast over in Calgary, if they lose most of their top players it may be more of a rebuild than a retool regardless of who is signed to what 

Losing Lindholm, Tanev, Zadorov, and Hanifin in one season/offseason is pretty devastating after losing Gaudreau and Tkachuk not too long ago, players who want to play for a more competitive team will likely try to land elsewhere 

There will always be players who will take NHL jobs so they'll land some players, but the longer they slide I think the more likely it is they won't be competitive sooner than later because the longer they tread water the harder it'll be to attract/retain top talent 

https://calgarysun.com/sports/with-report-that-kadri-wants-no-part-of-rebuild-more-questions-arise-about-flames-future#:~:text=“Kadri signed that long-term,are in a similar situation.”

I doubt the Calgary GM even knows yet which way he's going to go.

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

He might not want to be part of a rebuild, but he's not doing enough to be a viable trade target for other teams. Which GM in their right mind would take his NMC contract at 7 million per with how he is playing?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1