[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

He might not want to be part of a rebuild, but he's not doing enough to be a viable trade target for other teams. Which GM in their right mind would take his NMC contract at 7 million per with how he is playing?

Good chance that he & Hubie  might want out but are stuck there with the Lou lament - “my contract sucks.”

• Cheers 1

The trades that fans put up are interesting......

Many fans approach trades from the following assumed standpoint.

All our players and assets are complete garbage!

All the guys that we are trying to acquire are going to take massive amounts of assets to acquire because all our players and assets are garbage that other teams won't possibly want....

At the deadline, Tanev and Zaborov "might" get Calgary a really late 1st round pick, but they will get that and not much else. If they want guys who can play now, then Beauvillier and a B level prospect or a pick are in the realm of what they should be getting...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

13 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Good luck to Calgary then.

I wouldn’t make that Hoglander trade for Tanev at this point in his career. 

I would. Tanev would be a great boost to the team, he's a known quantity in the room and would fit the system perfectly. 

I like Hogs, just never see him in the top 6 and would like someone more physical in the bottom 6.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Good luck to Calgary then.

I wouldn’t make that Hoglander trade for Tanev at this point in his career. 

Me neither; he is perfect depth guy (ability to play up) and tenacious/strong enough to play on 4th line.

I rather trade a Bains type (unknown) + Beau + 3rd/4th -> Cgy Dman. Prospect (Bains) only gets added bc of Soucy injury

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I would. Tanev would be a great boost to the team, he's a known quantity in the room and would fit the system perfectly. 

I like Hogs, just never see him in the top 6 and would like someone more physical in the bottom 6.

Until he gets injured and is out for 8-10 weeks.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Until he gets injured and is out for 8-10 weeks.

Exactly. I love Tanev, but his ship has sailed. The reason we did not resign him was bc of the injuries....people forget that u could program a watch on Tanev being unavailable late in the year.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Exactly. I love Tanev, but his ship has sailed. The reason we did not resign him was bc of the injuries....people forget that u could program a watch on Tanev being unavailable late in the year.

For me, it's more his age and the fact that they won't want to make the Canucks an even harder team to beat. If this team is going to make a trade for a defenseman between now and the trade deadline, it should be for a legitimate top four RHD, not to merely replace Soucy. I think the reason the Canucks didn't re-sign Tanev was because they simply "ran out of time".

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Wouldn't trade a 1st for Tanev or Zadorov, a young player makes sense and Beau to even out the cap. Really depends on the quality of young player Calgary wants, I wouldn't give up any of our prospects for a rental. Still think this is going to end up being nothing, Toronto is desperate to make a trade and I think they will give up the house to bring one of these guys in.

Edited by Mando27
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

For me, it's more his age and the fact that they won't want to make the Canucks an even harder team to beat. If this team is going to make a trade for a defenseman between now and the trade deadline, it should be for a legitimate top four RHD, not to merely replace Soucy. I think the reason the Canucks didn't re-sign Tanev was because they simply "ran out of time".

Injuries....Tanev was waiting, Benning never called. Love Tanev, but creating a large hole yearly in teh 2nd half of season had grown tiresome.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Injuries....Tanev was waiting, Benning never called. Love Tanev, but creating a large hole yearly in teh 2nd half of season had grown tiresome.

He's 33. Not really in the age range where the team should be sending any combination of valuable assets to Calgary for. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He's 33. Not really in the age range where the team should be sending any combination of valuable assets to Calgary for. 

100% agree...but we previously moved on bc of injury, and that hasn't changed either. We are a team that should be making longterm moves, not short term.

33 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

100% agree...but we previously moved on bc of injury, and that hasn't changed either. We are a team that should be making longterm moves, not short term.

Is there any source to indicate that injury was actually the reason why we moved on? It seems to me like, if that were the case, management would have at least called Tanev saying they're moving on. From my understanding, the reason why Tanev had to wait was because of Benning trying to get OEL rather than because of injuries.

I get that there are perhaps some coping mechanisms to make it feel like Tanev was not let go due to mismanagement, but the evidence out there shows otherwise unfortunately. All you have to do is look at how most player are let go in the league to see inconsistencies with us actually have been wanting to let him go. Normally there's at least a phone call rather than silence.

Edited by The Lock

I love Tanev but let’s go down memory lane… he’s been somewhat healthy his entire tenure as a flame. If I can recall Tanev as a Canuck was injured a lot, ok our defence sucked so maybe had a lot to do with our lack of structure but still. I’m not sold…. Let’s not panic here, try and snag a Friedman type, wait to sign Baer and watch this team until deadline…. Trading Hoglander is a straight up no at this point, Hogz on a bottom 6 in playoffs playing his tenacious game will bode well for us on our Cup run 😜 let’s just sit back and see what this team is really made of.

Stick to our Staples

Go Canucks !!

Edited by NucksIn50
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

I love Tanev but let’s go down memory lane… he’s been somewhat healthy is entire tenure as a flame. If I can recall Tanev as a Canuck was injured a lot, ok our defence sucked so maybe had a lot to do with our lack of structure but still. I’m not sold…. Let’s not panic here, try and snag a Friedman type, wait to sign Baer and watch this team until deadline…. Trading Hoglander is a straight up no at this point, Hogz on a bottom 6 in playoffs playing his tenacious game will bode well for us on our Cup run 😜 let’s just sit back and see what this team is really made of.

Stick to our Staples

Go Canucks !!

Yeah, I really hope Hogz doesn't get traded any time soon. I think that would be a mistake longterm.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe 2-3 years ago.

If anything, the Hurricanes were interested in Hoglander, who knows what happens with Pesce near trade deadline.

There is another Hronek like trade out there in my opinion, Canucks just have to be patient and wait it out. Find a player that fits the timeline.

• Cheers 2