[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I don't wanna lose Hogz . It'll bite us in the ass. Imagine him pestering us for the next 10 years in Cgy... 

I would rather we see how we are without Soucy and tread water while he's out than give up Hogz. He's gonna be a Garland /Beau replacement at a quarter of the price. 

I would rather we try to fill internally with Wolanin and Hirose or at worst, trade for a guy like peeke in the east and not give us Hogz and sign Z in the summer. 

I agree losing Hogs hurts, but the potential upside is a deep playoff run this season.  We also have Pods and Bains who are looking to play similar roles down the line.  

Though if PA is using Hogz to try and get Anderson, he's damn brilliant.

5 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

I agree losing Hogs hurts, but the potential upside is a deep playoff run this season.  We also have Pods and Bains who are looking to play similar roles down the line.  

Though if PA is using Hogz to try and get Anderson, he's damn brilliant.

Yup Hogs + for Andersson I've got time for. Zadorov shouldn't cost that much IMO.

I wonder if with Seattle scuffling, we could pry Larsson off the Kraken...? Only one year left after this one...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Okay, here's my outlook on what I think our roster looks like in 24/25 season. Expected Cap, 87.5 Million which is being widely speculated and that is the number CapFriendly is working on for overall next season cap number.

Assumptions:

• My number on Pettersson I think is bang on where we land although I'm hoping for .5 - 1 million below this on a home town discount, 8 year term. 
  • Beauvillier will not be back and will be moved for other assets, defense or picks to be used for defense.
  • We have some promotions from the AHL during this season which carry over into next season.
  • My number on Hronek might be a little light, but I think they will try and keep his cap hit at or slightly below Hughes and will leverage RFA status to get there.
  • DeSmith has been excellent, but he won't be offered enough to stay and we will promote from within for backup with Silovs and one of our other younger goalie prospects will move up and take his place behind Tolopilo as backup in Abbotsford.
  • I'm assuming that Garland will be back due to the fact that I don't think the team will be willing to eat more than 1 million on his contract to get a deal done and won't be willing to take a significant overvalued contract back. I do think they will continue to try and move him this next summer though to create more overall space.
  • Myers will be back at a vastly reduced rate for depth and with a specific role within the team.
  • Poolman will still be factored for one final year at 2.5 million LTIR
  • I've speculated on signing Tanev and although I have him here as 2nd pairing, I would assume he would roam the right side, moving up and down the pairings based on need and based on team we're playing.
  • I'm assuming that Lekkerimaki, Klimovich, Willander, D-Petty etc, will all be given more time to develop and will become priority callups where applicable (signed).
  • I've speculated that Sasson will be our 13th forward although Aman may make it necessary to make room for him on the team as the 23rd member. I believe Aman requires waivers next year and I don't believe that they would risk losing him. 

Feel free to blow this apart, but give reasons on where you think this isn't accurate.

So, here's the 22 man lineup meaning, someone will be added as 23 putting us into our LTIR reserve, but this is $87,520,001 ($20,001 over cap into LTIR):

image.png.236d11ece62dee6967fb6c8343b18a5e.png

Does this count the dead cap from OEL?

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

Does this count the dead cap from OEL?

Yes, that's calculated in at 2.346667

Personally, I think this lineup is competitive and gives a lot of flexibility on defensive pairings. Tanev can partner with Hughes when needed for shutdown, which would activate Hronek to be more creative offensively on a second pairing. Zadorov adds another physical element to the team, we'd have Soucy at 6'5", Zadorov at 6'6: and Myers at 6'8".

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

IMG_0100.gif

Probably makes more sense for them next year as a possible TDL rental if they're still middling...but you never know...some youth/picks and a warm body for him and maybe they jump?

I'd love to add him...was SO disappointed when he didn't go UFA that year. Be a GREAT stop gap guy for us.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Probably makes more sense for them next year as a possible TDL rental if they're still middling...but you never know...some youth/picks and a warm body for him and maybe they jump?

I'd love to add him...was SO disappointed when he didn't go UFA that year. Be a GREAT stop gap guy for us.

If Seattle’s listening I’m talking. I was really looking forward to the possibility and then he re-signed out of left field.

I’d much prefer him over Tanev

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Interesting article valuing Calgary trade chips.

Their value being placed in this article are closer in line to what I'm suggesting than much of what is being proposed here.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/scouts-analysis-a-look-at-calgarys-trade-pieces-and-the-value-they-have/

For Zadorov they're basically saying Calgary would want a 1st, and a team like that Canucks team would want to give a 2nd (I assume there would be + more).

Anyway, how 'bout this:

Zadorov + Elias Lindholm + 2024 2nd, for

2024 1st + Garland + Beauvillier + NJD's 2024 4th (if necessary).

Edited by Goal_thecup

I’m super curious to see what the Calgary Castoffs get in return.

A lot of teams were very interested in Schenn last year, too.  He played awesome.  Got himself a nice contract that summer.  And what did we get? A 3rd.

If Zadorov broke down Tanev get more than a 2nd I’ll be shocked.

13 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I’m super curious to see what the Calgary Castoffs get in return.

A lot of teams were very interested in Schenn last year, too.  He played awesome.  Got himself a nice contract that summer.  And what did we get? A 3rd.

If Zadorov broke down Tanev get more than a 2nd I’ll be shocked.

I hope you're right and I hope Patrik Allvin thinks Zadorov would help us.

We need some heavy meat on this team; he would help with that; and we need more of the same on a wing or two as well.

That's for this year but if we do it with young guys in the future, it's all the better as they will be low cost and we can run through a number of them, selecting the best.

We do not need an aged, injury-prone, and expensive Christopher Tanev at all really.

I hope someone is asking Quinn Hughes for his opinion, at least on defense as he is one smart cookie as they used to say.

Zadorov seems to fit seamlessly into the group of Russians we already have and can choose where he wants to sign or re-sign.

Trading for him definitely gives us a leg up too. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yup Hogs + for Andersson I've got time for. Zadorov shouldn't cost that much IMO.

I wonder if with Seattle scuffling, we could pry Larsson off the Kraken...? Only one year left after this one...

Maybe if you trade them Taylor Hall 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

For Zadorov they're basically saying Calgary would want a 1st, and a team like that Canucks team would want to give a 2nd (I assume there would be + more).

Anyway, how 'bout this:

Personally, I'm not sure that Lindholm really is an upgrade over Garland or fits what we need.

Where I see our deficiencies are: we need a middle D, preferably right shot, but at least someone who can play both sides (Zadorov) and that we need to move Beauvillier out utilize his cap hit for guys who are better bottom 6 role players. I actually like Beauvillier, but he needs to play higher in a lineup to really be effective, IMO. He's not a guy you can look at playing 12 - 14 minutes per night and say, "he makes us harder to play against", but Garland does fit that on the 3rd line. I think Lindholm is a good player, but I see him as a little better player offensively than Beauvillier, but doesn't play the type of game that we need.

If we were able to move Beauvillier to Calgary, I believe that they would flip him again at the deadline. I think their big issue right now is, when they moved Tkachuk, they didn't replace the sandpaper that he brings to the rink. They have too many guys up front who don't really annoy the other team and get them off their game.

Garland gets under other teams skin, Beauvillier does not. I just wish Garland was about 3.5 - 3.75 million per, then he makes a perfect middle six guy for us who can slide up and down the lineup as needed.

Zadorov will be too expensive for us.

I think Canucks are going after Chris Tanev.

Beauvillier+ Hirose

Chris Tanev

Canucks are going to have to send cap space to Flames plus some value for Tanev and payment for Flames to take on the cap hit.

I highly doubt Flames would take 3 years of Garland at $5 mill. 

Beau and Hirose is probably what Canucks can offer. 

Flames would probably want Hogs but I'd want to save Hogs as part of a package for a top 6 winger for the Miller line. 

Edited by WHL rocks

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Might be, but if you want to go deep in the playoffs, you need defensive depth. If we look back at 2011, a big part of why we lost to Boston was attrition, especially on defense.

A lot of Stanley cup champions recently have managed to add good defensive depth on cheap contracts to fill out the bottom pairing. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

A lot of Stanley cup champions recently have managed to add good defensive depth on cheap contracts to fill out the bottom pairing. 

True, but you need skill as well. If you look at what happened to us in the 2011 playoffs, We lost Hamhuis to a torn groin muscle, Rome to suspension that was completely bogus, Edler was playing with 2 broken fingers, Ehrhoff was getting shots before each game so he could function.

If we play a larger team next year in the playoffs, when I think its realistic that we could be making a cup run, you want to have the size on defense on your side. Defense gets beat up more than forwards and play more minutes than forwards. You want enough stable reserves to fill in.

What I've propose, does that, but it's not the only solution, there will be others that present themselves as we get to the trade deadline and next summer in free agency. Last summer, we really started our defense overhaul, but it hasn't really been completed yet. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Flames want a top prospect 

Sounds like they're more interested in sending Tanev east, they don't want him in the division

Imagine the same could be said of Zadorov

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

Anyway, how 'bout this:

well thats never happening for multiple reasons. we will start with salary cap implications

4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Okay, here's my outlook on what I think our roster looks like in 24/25 season. Expected Cap, 87.5 Million which is being widely speculated and that is the number CapFriendly is working on for overall next season cap number.

Assumptions:

• My number on Pettersson I think is bang on where we land although I'm hoping for .5 - 1 million below this on a home town discount, 8 year term. 
  • Beauvillier will not be back and will be moved for other assets, defense or picks to be used for defense.
  • We have some promotions from the AHL during this season which carry over into next season.
  • My number on Hronek might be a little light, but I think they will try and keep his cap hit at or slightly below Hughes and will leverage RFA status to get there.
  • DeSmith has been excellent, but he won't be offered enough to stay and we will promote from within for backup with Silovs and one of our other younger goalie prospects will move up and take his place behind Tolopilo as backup in Abbotsford.
  • I'm assuming that Garland will be back due to the fact that I don't think the team will be willing to eat more than 1 million on his contract to get a deal done and won't be willing to take a significant overvalued contract back. I do think they will continue to try and move him this next summer though to create more overall space.
  • Myers will be back at a vastly reduced rate for depth and with a specific role within the team.
  • Poolman will still be factored for one final year at 2.5 million LTIR
  • I've speculated on signing Tanev and although I have him here as 2nd pairing, I would assume he would roam the right side, moving up and down the pairings based on need and based on team we're playing.
  • I'm assuming that Lekkerimaki, Klimovich, Willander, D-Petty etc, will all be given more time to develop and will become priority callups where applicable (signed).
  • I've speculated that Sasson will be our 13th forward although Aman may make it necessary to make room for him on the team as the 23rd member. I believe Aman requires waivers next year and I don't believe that they would risk losing him. 

Feel free to blow this apart, but give reasons on where you think this isn't accurate.

So, here's the 22 man lineup meaning, someone will be added as 23 putting us into our LTIR reserve, but this is $87,520,001 ($20,001 over cap into LTIR):

image.png.236d11ece62dee6967fb6c8343b18a5e.png

yucky... what a massive overpayment for a 5th defenceman Zadorov has not earned a pay raise... id take Cole at 3 million for another year... Myers is worth more than 2 million. id just keep cole/myers as the Vet and try to sign Hakinpaa