[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

57 minutes ago, nergish said:

There’s an obvious fit there for us.

Provided it’s cheap-ish, would be a great way to fortify our defence.

He gets 3.75 million now and is a ufa looking for a pay raise. He won’t make it to free agency because the Flames will trade him to a team that will offer him more. Don’t see how we could trade for him. The Flames will want more than Garland or Beauvilier.

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Any team trading for him will want him extended before the trade

then we pass altogether i hope

theres been good players who make it to UFA every year the past few years, and if the canucks have a good year, we'll be an attractive destination

dont wanna overpay for something right now, especially with the possibility of Bear returning

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

What can Lafs offer?Not much

1st round pick + prospect + Klingberg 

Klingberg is playing injured and sucks. But is UFA at end of year. So comes off the books. 

We won't want to give up a 1st rounder. But Treliving is not the type to hold back. He'll pay if he wants the player. 

13 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

I’m seeing a lot of overpayments on here for someone who’s not only on an expiring contract but has also requested a trade. 

We’ll need to send some cap back in order to make this work. Beau? 

Beau and a 2nd would be fair value, not that I'm suggesting it. What do you think? 

They can probably flip Beau for a 4th or 5th rounder at the deadline. 

Zadorov has had name appeal for the last 5-6 years because he's often been on the block with Colorado and Calgary as a 3rd pairing guy with size. 

He doesn't strike me as a 1st rounder kinda guy at the deadline. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

I don’t think we have a second in 2024 and having our first pick be in round three would suck. I’d pass on that price.

I agree. If that's the price, stick it sideways and stick it up your ass. If he wants to be here, it'll happen in free agency.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

1st round pick + prospect + Klingberg 

Klingberg is playing injured and sucks. But is UFA at end of year. So comes off the books. 

We won't want to give up a 1st rounder. But Treliving is not the type to hold back. He'll pay if he wants the player. 

If guy is worth first ,that is the price you pay if contract is in place

1 hour ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Canucks interested in a trade is a bit more speculation/an inference, but I expect we’ll be among the teams looking at him along with Toronto. 

EDIT: Nvm, Dhaliwal confirmed this

Fucking beautiful.

Would be a solid addition to our club.

Maaaaan to all the other longtime Zaddy coveting members who were confidently posting about him going back a ways into CFF, I hereby cheers you because the dream is officially one step closer. 

image.gif.2492311a64fe732a19578e5f37719c1d.gif

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Screw said:

Keep those 1st round picks for Miller and Hronek calibre players.  

Horonek was NYI 1st and our 2nd

The NYI were trending down and it could have been a 12 to 15 overall pick. That's why Steve Y made the call to PA. He offered Horonek for those 2 picks and it was a take it or leave it. PA took the deal and won. 

Our 1st is trending to be late pick. Bottom 10. So it's not worth nearly as much.  

It's not easy getting another Hronek. Very difficult as a matter of fact. 

Zodorav is a heck of a player. His agent is Milstein so almost a part of Canucks management team.  He'll re sign with us.. 

I'd put together a pretty good package for the Russian beast.

He'll solidify our D for the year and likely sign extension. Then we just need a top 6 forward and this team is pretty much complete.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

If guy is worth first ,that is the price you pay if contract is in place

With Milstein being Zadorov's agent I don't think signing an extension will be a big problem. 

Plus he's got Russian friends on the Canucks. I think he'll be happy to come to Vancouver. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Brad Treliving is GM in Toronto.  He'll overpay and out bid the Canucks..

This is a solid player. Top 4 on almost every team in the NHL. Would be awesome to have him but with Leafs needing a D upgrade badly means they'll out bid us..

Not just that…like I posted a few weeks ago, I thought back then that TO will not only outbid anyone for his services if he became available this season, but also will overpay to extend him meaning we miss out any potential UFA deal with him…or he’s able to price himself out of UFA range as well due to demand/offer from TO.

I think we should try trading for him because it will only help us further improve playoff hopes. Only caveat is we have such a good relationship with Milstein (excellent job by mgmt to nurture that) that we can get at very least a verbal commitment that the mutual interest between Zadorov and us is pretty much a done deal just waiting for free agency. 

fucking excited regardless. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1