[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

2 hours ago, stawns said:

We'll see.........I think they know how the process of building a winner works and I doubt they'll overpay just because they've had a first taste of success.  

That's exactly my point... I think I used the words "vastly overpay "

They won't over pay hence we won't be getting Zadorov or Tanev..

But I don't think they'll be waiting for summer to sign UFAs as you wish they would.. 

No way this management doesn't make trades to improve the team during this season. Summer is too far away..

They'll make trades but not for those 2 players because they'll have to overpay..

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

That's exactly my point... I think I used the words "vastly overpay "

They won't over pay hence we won't be getting Zadorov or Tanev..

But I don't think they'll be waiting for summer to sign UFAs as you wish they would.. 

No way this management doesn't make trades to improve the team during this season. Summer is too far away..

They'll make trades but not for those 2 players because they'll have to overpay..

Actually, I said if they got a hronek level deal, all good.

19 hours ago, spook007 said:

I'm not too concerned with the 1st round pick, but agree that Lekkerimaki and Willander, maybe Brustewich (forgot the spelling) should not be touched, but the rest is 6 and half a dusin. 

Lekkerimaki

Hunter

Podkolzin

Willander

Raty

Pettersson

Silovs

I hope the Canucks don’t trade any of these players.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

Actually, I said if they got a hronek level deal, all good.

You posted this...... ??

Maybe you said that in another post but in you're response to my post you said the following..

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Or using UFA and keeping picks and prospects 

Any deal for a Horonek level deal would cost you high picks and prospects. 

Hironek cost NYI 1st + our 2nd

The 1st could have been unprotected 1st overall pick the following year if NYI didn't play so well in last month of the season..

We'd have to give up our 1st 2nd and one of our top 3 prospects for that level of deal.. that's not "keeping our picks and prospects "

Edited by WHL rocks

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

You posted this...... ??

Any deal for a Horonek level deal would cost you high picks and prospects. 

Hironek cost NYI 1st + our 2nd

The 1st would have been unprotected 1st overall pick the following year if NYI didn't play so well in last month of the season..

We'd have to give up our 1st 2nd and one of our top 3 prospects for that level of deal.. that's not "keeping our picks and prospects "

Yes, and that's the kind of deal I'd be ok with, as I said before.

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Yes, and that's the kind of deal I'd be ok with, as I said before.

Thats a lot to give up.

I'm not sure I would be OK with that..  

Horonek type player will cost a lot more than Zadorov would even if we overpay a bit.. 

I'm not open to trading our 1st + 2nd plus top 3 prospect.  

Horonek worked out great so far.. who know if the next guy would work out so well.  Too much of a risk to pay that much imo. 

28 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Thats a lot to give up.

I'm not sure I would be OK with that..  

Horonek type player will cost a lot more than Zadorov would even if we overpay a bit.. 

I'm not open to trading our 1st + 2nd plus top 3 prospect.  

Horonek worked out great so far.. who know if the next guy would work out so well.  Too much of a risk to pay that much imo. 

I was excited when the Hronek deal happened and completely fine with the picks.  However, that was an extra pick, so I might not have felt the same if they gave up their only 1st rounder.  

Beyond a first (and maybe 2nds) I have no issues using picks in a deal, especially at this point in the teams progression.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Lekkerimaki

Hunter

Podkolzin

Willander

Raty

Pettersson

Silovs

I hope the Canucks don’t trade any of these players.

We can't make trades, if we aren't prepared to give up on anything... there are some decent prospects thats for sure, but you gotta a give to get. 

Don't like giving up on them neither, but we need a rhd... badly... 

The Juelsen project is over for me... and Myers ice time as well as the Hughes Hronek pairing needs to be reduced. 
Somethings have got to give. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, spook007 said:

We can't make trades, if we aren't prepared to give up on anything... there are some decent prospects thats for sure, but you gotta a give to get. 

The Juelsen project is over for me... and Myers ice time as well as the Hughes Hronek pairing needs to be reduced. 

I'm content on giving up a substantial prospect, if we get a prolific rhd back. But, the problem is right now there is so much parity. Teams are only a few wins out. I think we need to be patient and see what happens over the course of the next month. Signing Bear would be a band-aid solution and I'm all good with that for this season. But, like I said if we're giving up a Brzustewicz or whoever, we need someone like an R.Andersson back. A player who has term at a reasonable rate and has high upside. 

Not Jim Benning signing off! 

Edited by NotJimBenning
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, NotJimBenning said:

But, like I said if we're giving up a Brzustewicz or whoever, we need someone like an R.Andersson back.

lol. you're not getting Rasmus Anderson for Brzustewicz. Canucks need to add more, a lot more

11 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

lol. you're not getting Rasmus Anderson for Brzustewicz. Canucks need to add more, a lot more

Oh for sure, but I think there is a base of a deal to be had. Beauvillier( to match salaries), Brzustewicz, Karlsson and a 1st. I think that's a good start. Might require a bit more, but I'd argue Brzustewicz is a top tier prospect and Karlsson is having a great season in the Ahl, so I'd say it's a pretty fair offer. 

They gain cap flexibility with an expiring deal, add a top tier rhd prospect to start the rebuild, Karlsson has a chance at being a top 9 forward and a later first round pick. 

Edited by NotJimBenning

Watching this I almost wish he wasn't so big, since (besides one hit in the video on Janmark) most of the hits are labelled as targeting the head since either his reach or his shoulders line up with the skater's head, so (whether he intended to catch their head or not) he's probably going to have a bunch of suspensions for head targeting, when we could use a bruiser like him on the ice during the playoffs if we are to trade for him.

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Think he meant Brzustewicz as part of a deal... like with the 1st, roster player for cap reason, maybe another prospect and a 3rd... If not, they will be out bid.

Don't think Calgary will do a deal with Canucks regardless...

12 minutes ago, dannydog said:

I doubt management is pursuing either Zadorov or Tanev. The trades they’ve made to date have gone under the media’s nose . The more attention given to likely trades the less it seems to happen. I’m sure there is a RHD out there the team covets just waiting on the right time to pull the trigger.most won’t know till it’s announced.

I doubt they trade major pieces for pending UFAs with interest in signing with them... I would love these guys but I would not do Hoglander + for either which is the rumoured asking price Hogz is looking like an up and coming top 6 forward with a low cap hit who we will need to replace garland and beauvillier...

I would attach an asset like Klimovich though to get rid of garland 

Myers looked terrible again

Hughes looked tired again 

29 minutes ago, dannydog said:

I doubt management is pursuing either Zadorov or Tanev. The trades they’ve made to date have gone under the media’s nose . The more attention given to likely trades the less it seems to happen. I’m sure there is a RHD out there the team covets just waiting on the right time to pull the trigger.most won’t know till it’s announced.

I don't think we need to make a major move in this regard. Realistically we just need someone who can play 15mins keep the puck out of our net and make a good 1st pass. If Hirose  came in an played at the level we saw in his short stint last year I think we'd be fine. Of course we'd love a righty and a banger but there's going to be a cost and I really feel quite strongly that we cannot be giving up futures for stop gaps. Our history of  3rd for Dermott, 2nd for Baertschi, Forsling for Clendenning, Lazer for a 4th, Dickinson for a 3rd who later cost a 2nd to dump.  We have got to stop the bleeding of picks and prospects and be able to put our big boy pants on and use our guys on the farm. That's what Abby is for. Yes that means some of our stars will have to play some harder mins maybe even split Hronek Hughes. 

MGMT need to be moving a winger if they are trading for a D. 

Beauvellier out for 1 of, Peeke, Jeremy Lauzon, Jokiharju, Rutta. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, spook007 said:

Hronek was a 1st, 2nd. I’d rather the Canucks move picks again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Hronek was a 1st, 2nd. I’d rather the Canucks move picks again.

That was a different scenario our team was broken and there was no other way to acquire a top 4 rhd. Hronek will cost 8m to re up meanwhile ASP is shredding the SHL.  Of course bird in the hand beats ASP + Nilsson in the SHL. But you don't want to go to that well too often. It's worked out well for us will Miller+Hronek but we can't afford anymore big contracts. We need to be planning for a sustainable future. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Watching this I almost wish he wasn't so big, since (besides one hit in the video on Janmark) most of the hits are labelled as targeting the head since either his reach or his shoulders line up with the skater's head, so (whether he intended to catch their head or not) he's probably going to have a bunch of suspensions for head targeting, when we could use a bruiser like him on the ice during the playoffs if we are to trade for him.

Nikita Zadorov has never been suspended, or even fined, by the NHL in his entire NHL career…

https://scoutingtherefs.com/nhl-suspension-fine-tracker-2019-20/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

Out of this list I would trade Bains, and Raty. Hate to say it but I don't see much up side to these guys in the near future. 

Surprised Eddie Murphy GIF

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Disagree on Bains entirely. 

And Raty as well, who is playing very very well

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Surprised Eddie Murphy GIF

And Raty as well, who is playing very very well

I’ll defer to you at this point you have seen him more than I. I see good potential for a bottom 6 role for Bains easily from what I have seen. Räty I have seen a bit less of 

Edited by canuck73_3