[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’ll defer to you at this point you have seen him more than I I see good potential for a bottom 6 role for Bains easily from what I have seen. Räty I have seen a bit less of 

10 points in 15 games, but 9 of those have come me in the last 10 games 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Petey the Puck Whisperer said:

Would you like them to shit out some different assets to trade? Like what else is there...

Move picks or be patient.

Unlike others I don’t think this team is that close to being a contender.

Still a couple of years away, which is tough, considering the cap is going to put us in. A very difficult situation.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Still a couple of years away, which is tough, considering the cap is going to put us in. A very difficult situation.

Sitting at second in the division right now could be ready sooner than you think 

Edited by canuck73_3

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Agree completely, except for moving a first for anything less than a hronek type deal.  

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Disagree on Bains entirely. 

He is only good in the minors and not in the NHL IMO. Have you seen him play during the Exhibition games this year? Out of that list I see Bains and Raty not making it to the big leagues so would rather trade them if possible. 

13 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

He is only good in the minors and not in the NHL IMO. Have you seen him play during the Exhibition games this year? Out of that list I see Bains and Raty not making it to the big leagues so would rather trade them if possible. 

I like his play he’s a crash and bang guy not necessarily a scorer so I was fine with his game though he does need another year or 2 to develop. 

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sitting at second in the division right now could be ready sooner than you think 

I think this is the type of year where you can say anything can happen. 

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Agree completely, except for moving a first for anything less than a hronek type deal.  

Ya, that’s the only reason I would move a first as well.

I think a lot of people will be surprised by Raty. Out of the limited Abbotsford games I’ve seen he looks good out there.

Allvin seems to be a big fan of Raty and Lekkerimaki, I doubt he moves any of them. Hunter should only be traded if we are getting an elite RHD back like Andersson, which is very unlikely to be the case. Willander is on a no trade list for me. Silovs you need to keep, especially with Demko’s contract coming to an end in a couple of years. That leaves Podkolzin and Pettersson from my initial list. Podkolzin probably doesn’t get much interest at this point in his career, best to just keep him, especially now that he seems to have found his offensive game in the AHL. No idea what Pettersson can be traded for.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

Hronek was a 1st, 2nd. I’d rather the Canucks move picks again.

Absolutely, and if we can get another player like that for a 1st and 2nd, deal me in, however I still hope we could get a player cost controlled for 2-3 years.

Hronek is going to cost to extend, and not much point in using 1st and 2nd, if it is for a loan only... 

But if we can get 2 top 4 rhd in a similar deal, I am interested, big time... it is severely needed. 

If we have an injury to Hronek, I seriously fear for our D.

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

I think this is the type of year where you can say anything can happen. 

Ya, that’s the only reason I would move a first as well.

I think a lot of people will be surprised by Raty. Out of the limited Abbotsford games I’ve seen he looks good out there.

Allvin seems to be a big fan of Raty and Lekkerimaki, I doubt he moves any of them. Hunter should only be traded if we are getting an elite RHD back like Andersson, which is very unlikely to be the case. Willander is on a no trade list for me. Silovs you need to keep, especially with Demko’s contract coming to an end in a couple of years. That leaves Podkolzin and Pettersson from my initial list. Podkolzin probably doesn’t get much interest at this point in his career, best to just keep him, especially now that he seems to have found his offensive game in the AHL. No idea what Pettersson can be traded for.

Pretty good mention of our prospects... agree on all accounts.

• Huggy Bear 1

13 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Pretty good mention of our prospects... agree on all accounts.

Honestly, wouldn’t surprise me if they move one of Kuzmenko or Boeser for a RHD.

Management group has never been afraid to make the big or unpopular trade.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Honestly, wouldn’t surprise me if they move one of Kuzmenko or Boeser for a RHD.

Again agree... as I said earlier we gotta give something to get... and we need cap space. So yes I wouldn't be surprised if the do make a move like that. 

During the summer most of us were considering one of the wingers to be moved to make room for another RHD... Brock has made him self a player of interest now, and Kuz is not rotten fruit neither... Beau is gone in the summer regardless (pay part of for Peteys and Hroneks new contracts. 

So it would make sense and not be a huge surprise, if one of the remaining 3 top wingers not named Miller, is being part of a trade. 

I trust JR/PA to do the right thing.... They've earned the right to be trusted.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Phil could possibly replace Brock on the PP but I hope they have Petey signed first 

Kessel to the second unit powerplay.

I think Hoglander is very close to taking that next step. I wonder if that pushes for a  Kuzmenko or Boeser trade for RHD.

Kuzmenko benched last night and called out by Rick in the post game. Just having a hard time under Rick, where he was doing so well with Bruce. Hopefully this is just a second year thing, but he was getting benched last season by Rick as well. Don’t want to go through that again this season, hopefully everything works out in the long run.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

Two years away sounds about right.

But nobody thinks they are a contender for a cup yet. Just as no one saw this crazy best in the west stuff 16 games into the season.

As Rutherford stated in the 2023 season open press conference, "I think, to be very to the point, with the changes that we made, we have a playoff team if everything goes right. Your goalie has to be good, your specialty teams have to be good, you can't get into a lot of injuries. Now I'm not saying if one of those things goes wrong we can't make it, because we have some impact players that can win by themselves. But we want to get to a point that we have enough in our lineup that you can have a few things go wrong on a regular basis and overcome that."

We all know their depth is lacking. Next wave of prospects needs to jump in on ELCs, a few holes on defense to fill yet (Willander,

Brzustewicz?) maybe a 3rd line winger (Lekkerimaki?)

Getting to the playoffs, maybe even winning a few rounds, is the goal at this point.

The cap shouldn't be much of an issue.

It's finally jumping up the next few years. Myers gone, likely Beauvillier... Garland? Lots of potential money off the books. Of course they have the OEL buyout money but lots of teams have dead money on the books. Not all that debilitating or out of the ordinary really. Should be in good shape in short order.

• Huggy Bear 1

42 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Kuzy and Boes likely aren't going anywhere.

Especially Boes as Allvin stated last year ((around the time Brock was asking for trade [which he later rescinded]) "we still haven't given up on him yet." And likely even more true now with the massive turn around in his game we're seeing. League leader in goals to boot.

Myers, Beauvillier, Garland are the most likely candidates to be moved if anyone.  Trade deadline for Myers and Beauvillier. Garland as soon as they can find a taker.

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Boeser is on pace for 62 goals. He is going to want a 9x8 contract. Don’t think Allvin is going to re-sign him. We have Lekkerimaki coming to take his place. Kuzmenko will be cheaper to re-sign. 

So we can trade Boeser in the summer for a top 4 RHD. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Juice said:

Kuzy and Boes likely aren't going anywhere.

Maybe but it wouldn’t surprise me if one of them get traded. As I said earlier, this management has never been afraid to make a big trade or unpopular trade.

1 hour ago, Juice said:

Myers, Beauvillier, Garland are the most likely candidates to be moved if anyone.  Trade deadline for Myers and Beauvillier. Garland as soon as they can find a taker.

It only makes sense to trade Myers if we have an RHD to replace him with. He likely just finishes the season with the team. Beauvillier and Garland have little to no trade value right now. 

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nikita Zadorov has never been suspended, or even fined, by the NHL in his entire NHL career…

https://scoutingtherefs.com/nhl-suspension-fine-tracker-2019-20/

That's fair, but just because he hasn't doesn't mean he can't or won't.  In the earlier video he also hits some guys on the numbers so it's not entirely impossible for him to get caught for that even once.

7 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

That's fair, but just because he hasn't doesn't mean he can't or won't.  In the earlier video he also hits some guys on the numbers so it's not entirely impossible for him to get caught for that even once.

Brandon Sutter was mad durable before he got here too. Rarely ever missed a game due to injury. 

6 minutes ago, thesauce said:

Brandon Sutter was mad durable before he got here too. Rarely ever missed a game due to injury. 

Yeah that's fair, no way to tell beforehand, just gotta hope that Zadorov doesn't go too far with his hits if he gets traded here.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Maybe but it wouldn’t surprise me if one of them get traded. As I said earlier, this management has never been afraid to make a big trade or unpopular trade.

It only makes sense to trade Myers if we have an RHD to replace him with. He likely just finishes the season with the team. Beauvillier and Garland have little to no trade value right now. 

And that logic on Myers applies exactly same to Boes and Kuzy. Replace a top 6 forward with who exactly?  And before you say it, it ain't Garland. They don't like him there and already trying to shop him.

Granted who know who's available for any position, especially RD. Nobody knew about Hronek til it happened.

But what we do know for certain is that both Myers and Beauvillier's contracts are expiring. And so far this regime has not indicated they are willing to let assets walk in any regard.

We also know they're trying to get younger and "get the cap under control." Do you think Myers is getting an extension? Likely not.

Hopefully moving on from the assets they arguably don't want to pay (Myers, Beau, Garly) will somehow lead to landing a new RD. Because I'm with you. They need a couple more and real quick especially if Myers goes.

Even if this management group isn't afraid to make a "big or unpopular trade," absolutely nothing has indicated that applies to Boes or Kuzy. If anything it's been the polar opposite based on their words and actions eg. Allvin's comments on Brock, Kuzy recently signing a two year deal, and Tocchets deployment of "paired forwards."  Petey.Kuzy.  Millsy.Boes.  Why trade away something you know already works for some grass is greener hope? Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Edited by Juice

31 minutes ago, Juice said:

And that logic on Myers applies exactly same to Boes and Kuzy. Replace a top 6 forward with who exactly?  And before you say it, it ain't Garland. They don't like him there and already trying to shop him.

I said this in my original posts, this scenario can work if Hoglander can take steps in his game.

Anyways everything is just things that could potentially happen.

Edited by J-23