[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

52 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Idk what team you’re watching but Myers has been rock solid since his chat with Tocchet.  He’s been on for 12 goals against at 5v5 with 300+TOI

Thats T-6th best league wide for all dmen and a handful of those players above him have a greater ozone start% than him. Myers has a 60%dZS whereas Pietrangelo, Makar, Hughes etc have 40%dZS. Myers has made a positive impact in our zone.

If we are trading for a flames d man it should be Tanev anyway.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Mac said:

Why would Canucks want Bear when they actually need a top 4 D?  

I really do hope they did not clear room just for bear....sigh....that would be old Canucks typical play.

I hope our mgmt is targeting an actual good D man or don't bother making a trade.

Depth. Can never get enough depth

12 hours ago, tas said:

I've decided that life has no meaning if chris tanev isn't reacquired. it's the only thing that matters. 

I think they will sign him during the off-season. A 1-2 year deal until Willander joins the league. Wasn’t it reported that he may have interest in coming back to Vancouver in the off-season.

Maybe we should be looking for a long term fit on the left side to play with Willander? Hughes and Hronek. Willander and?

24/25

Hughes - Hronek

Trade - Tanev

Soucy - UFA

25/26

Hughes - Hronek

Trade - Willander

Soucy - Tanev/McWard/Hunter/UFA

Edited by J-23

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I think they will sign him during the off-season. A 1-2 year deal until Willander joins the league. Wasn’t it reported that he may have interest in coming back to Vancouver in the off-season.

Maybe we should be looking for a long term fit on the left side to play with Willander? Hughes and Hronek. Willander and?

24/25

Hughes - Hronek

Trade - Tanev

Soucy - UFA

25/26

Hughes - Hronek

Trade - Willander

I don't know if it's been reported that he has interest, but it seems like a no-brainer for a guy who very recently stated he never wanted to leave, was shocked about it, and bled for this city for a decade. 

chris tanev has a canucks crest tattooed on his heart. 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

24/25

Hughes - Hronek

Trade - Tanev

Soucy - UFA

25/26

Hughes - Hronek

Trade - Willander

4 hours ago, tas said:

I don't know if it's been reported that he has interest, but it seems like a no-brainer for a guy who very recently stated he never wanted to leave, was shocked about it, and bled for this city for a decade. 

chris tanev has a canucks crest tattooed on his heart. 

https://canucksarmy.com/news/former-canuck-chris-tanev-talks-2020-free-agency-and-henrik-sedins-final-years

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think they'll have to find a way to move one of Domi/Bertuzzi 

I don't know what they're gonna do but gotta thing something's gonna give on D

Treliving gave Bertuzzi a NMC, and Domi a ten team NTC. 

You have to figure most Canadian teams and the US bottom feeders are on Domis list.

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Treliving gave Bertuzzi a NMC, and Domi a ten team NTC. 

You have to figure most Canadian teams and the US bottom feeders are on Domis list.

Aye, so they'd have to navigate those, but I think it's doable. It might require a three-way-trade.

Bertuzzi is on a one year deal, could be in his best interest to move on if he could get term elsewhere. Same goes for Domi.

6 hours ago, J-23 said:

24/25

Hughes - Hronek

Trade - Tanev

Soucy - UFA

25/26

Hughes - Hronek

Trade - Willander

Did you forget Pettersson jr

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Aye, so they'd have to navigate those, but I think it's doable. It might require a three-way-trade.

Bertuzzi is on a one year deal, could be in his best interest to move on if he could get term elsewhere. Same goes for Domi.

I'd be surprised if Treliving could pull it off. He's managed to make some pretty bad decisions on two teams now. Which is hilarious to me as a Canucks fan, but still.

No contenders in the east will do a fair deal with him. So he'd have to convince those guys to go west... dunno, seems like it would be hard to pull off. 

I could actually see them overpaying for Bear. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I'd be surprised if Treliving could pull it off. He's managed to make some pretty bad decisions on two teams now. Which is hilarious to me as a Canucks fan, but still.

No contenders in the east will do a fair deal with him. So he'd have to convince those guys to go west... dunno, seems like it would be hard to pull off. 

I could actually see them overpaying for Bear. 

He's down to Brodie and McCabe as the only two NHL defencemen who are available.  He's got to be getting desperate.

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

He's down to Brodie and McCabe as the only two NHL defencemen who are available.  He's got to be getting desperate.

yep. Which rarely makes for a good deal. 

They do have just over 2 mil in cap on LTIR. They can burn a first to fill that with a 3rd pair guy from somewhere. Matt Benning for a conditional 1st 🤣