[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

That's assuming Garland can be, or is traded. Which I personally don't mind keeping him around. He's been a dog on a bone. Plus he's shifty little pucker. 

yep I understand. I’m just pointing out where our space could come from, even if we had to add a pick to Garland to recoup that cap space. That’s plausible, and mgmt has proven how much they value some cap freedom and how to reallocate it. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, RWJC said:

yep I understand. I’m just pointing out where our space could come from, even if we had to add a pick to Garland to recoup that cap space. That’s plausible, and mgmt has proven how much they value some cap freedom and how to reallocate it. 

Definitely. I'm just saying, I'm not desperate, and neither are our management. The Lames are the one's who are desperate. We should fleece them, or don't get involved. He is an UFA. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Garland problem is 5 mil,not his game.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

They would if you give them  some prospects.Of course it will cost us Podz +Hirose +salary

I'd give them 

Garland/Beau + Hirose + Raty

Not Podz. He's a 10 year Canuck. 

Preferably Garland goes other way but if not I'd be OK with Beau being the cap going the other way.

Edited by WHL rocks

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

Garland problem is 5 mil,not his game.

Yeah and as it’s been mentioned, the 5 mill in space is worth more to mgmt and that’s why he’s been dangled for trade for a second season. I like him as a player a lot but 5mill can help us much further than he will get an opportunity to 

12 hours ago, Bob Long said:

If we could do it for Beau and thet Brewchecitz kid that would be ok for me.

I don't think we should be trading that Brewchevitz kid. He's only turning 19 in 19 days and he's currently second overall, in the OHL scoring. 

And he's a RD. Hard pass. 

Edit: I just looked up his last name, it's Brzustewicz. It's pronounced brew-chevich. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

I do like Zadorov a lot, but the talk of Toronto going hard makes a lot of sense. Let them have him for the season, then sign him for free.

This season, let's get Tanev back. He slots in with Hughes (as much as I love how Hronek has complimented him), and Hronek mans the 2nd pairing, and plays pp duty.

This year:

Hughes Tanev

Horonek Myers

Soucy Cole

Friedman

Next year:

Hughes Tanev

Hronek Zadorov

Soucy Cole(2m)/Myers(1.5m)/Bear

Edited by Reznor

2 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

If that were to happen it would come full circle.

Horvat for Hronek and Zadorov

Amazing 

It would be

Hronek + Zadorov 

Horvat + 2nd + Hirose 

We got Hirose for free as free agent..

I'd do that all day everyday...

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You are asking alot from Allvin to hit home runs twice in 2 years. There just aren’t those types of players available. Even Hronek was never available. Allvin had to seek him out. He wasn’t on the trade block. 

I’m pretty sure Yzerman reached out to the Canucks, not vice ve

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You are asking alot from Allvin to hit home runs twice in 2 years. There just aren’t those types of players available. Even Hronek was never available. Allvin had to seek him out. He wasn’t on the trade block. 

That's what I heard too. Someone in this thread was saying Allvin was approached by the Wings? 

53 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If we could do it for Beau and thet Brewchecitz kid that would be ok for me.

Why on earth would we trade Hunter Brzustewicz ?  Have you been following his development ?  In 1 or 2 years he will be an entry level defenseman with HUGE potential - exactly what teams need in the salary cap era.  He's a potential #1 D.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2