[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

13 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

That's what I heard too. Someone in this thread was saying Allvin was approached by the Wings? 

Allvin called Y early in the season before Horvat trade asking if Hronek was available. 

Steve Y called PA back at the trade deadline.  This was after the Horvat trade when NYI were doing terrible and the pick looked like it would be 12 to 15.  The pick was top 12 protected and go to next year unprotected if NYI initiated the clause.

Y asked PA if he was still interested in Hronek and named his price. The NYI 1st and Canucks 2nd. It was a take it or leave it deal from Y.

Allvin took about half hour and called Y back to except his terms. 

That's how the Hronek deal went down. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 2

Pesce is a pending UFA, same age as Zadorov, better player.

Rasmus Andersson has 2 years left after this one, what if the wheels really fall off in Calgary & they embrace a full rebuild?

Dylan Demelo is a pending UFA. Neal Pionk has 1 year left after this one. Who knows whether these guys will want to stay in WPG.

Montour is a UFA this year, Ekblad in a year, and Florida has basically everyone but Barkov/Tkachuk/Bobrovsky to sign or make a decision on. 

You just never know. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Singing Chef said:

Why on earth would we trade Hunter Brzustewicz ?  Have you been following his development ?  In 1 or 2 years he will be an entry level defenseman with HUGE potential - exactly what teams need in the salary cap era.  He's a potential #1 D.

More likely 3 to 4 years.

His offensive game is great but has a lot of learning to do defensively.  He'll be 2 years in juniors then 2 years in AHL before becoming an NHLer.

Ofcourse he could become an NHLer faster but that's the expected timeline.  He's 18 so by the age of 21 or 22 he'll be in the NHL. 

Edited by WHL rocks

50 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You are asking alot from Allvin to hit home runs twice in 2 years. There just aren’t those types of players available. Even Hronek was never available. Allvin had to seek him out. He wasn’t on the trade block. 

You can’t say those types of players aren’t available because he was. You just have to be ready to pounce when they do.

Also you might be rewriting history a bit because lot of people thought we overpaid at the time and that he was simply a decent number 4.

3 hours ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Canucks interested in a trade is a bit more speculation/an inference, but I expect we’ll be among the teams looking at him along with Toronto. 

EDIT: Nvm, Dhaliwal confirmed this

of course they interested, grubby little media hands have a nighthawk circling these pages

Edited by Dankmemes187

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

If we could do it for Beau and thet Brewchecitz kid that would be ok for me.

I love throwing Brzustewicz in trades just to freak everyone out.  Personally, it would have to be for a #2-3 guy in his mid 20s for me to include him, though.

He’s having an awesome season but that team he’s on is absolutely stacked.  We could be giving up a pretty good NHL’er (or we could be selling high on a 3rd round pick) but I think we’d have to be getting back a very good piece if we move him.

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Canucks interested in a trade is a bit more speculation/an inference, but I expect we’ll be among the teams looking at him along with Toronto. 

EDIT: Nvm, Dhaliwal confirmed this

not a fan. not sure what the hypes is all about. zadorov is good a as cole i doubt it...?

49 minutes ago, Slegr said:

They have to trade Nylander at some point or lose him for nothing. They can’t afford to resign him for next year, but they could afford to sign Zadorov, when Nylander gets off their books. Only thing that could stop it is Nylander keeps Flames on his no trade list.

nylander is probably looking at 9-9.5mil.. they gonna have around 33-34mil cap next season.. assuming woll is their guy.. they can easily keep nylander prolly re-sign zadorov and find another top 4 D if available and then just sign a bunch of role player for their bottom 6.. domi and bertuzzi is not hard to replace for what they currently bring. Toronto's cap next season is not as bad as you think just because they have 3 guys over 10mil.. their goalie will probably only cost them 2-3mil total and their top 4 defence no one is going to make more than reilly's 7.5.. with bertuzzi domi klingberg samsonov all gone.. that frees up almost 20mil. the cap rising let say 3mil.. that will probably more than cover nylander's raise. there's really 0 reason why toronto needs to move nylander who's arguably their best player this season

21 minutes ago, Singing Chef said:

Why on earth would we trade Hunter Brzustewicz ?  Have you been following his development ?  In 1 or 2 years he will be an entry level defenseman with HUGE potential - exactly what teams need in the salary cap era.  He's a potential #1 D.

He's not a potential #1D. He's a potential 2nd pair D. He's really smart, but not very explosive, on the smaller side & could stand to play with more pace. 

I'm not saying this to knock him as I rly like him (2nd pair D out of a 3rd Rd pick is a homerun too), but I don't think he's untouchable like Willander.

I wouldn't trade him for Zadorov but I'd consider moving him for a legit 2/3D. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

Is Zadorov pretty effective on the right side too?? If so, go for it!? We can't ride with Friedman long term in our top 6 D.

if zadorov is as good as everyone is saying their is only 2 possible scenarios... Calgary's defense is Elite, and Zadorov is their 5th/6th defenceman the past 3 years OR Zadorov is better than Gudbranson, Tanev and/or Weegar and the flames are too stoopid to see the forest for the trees.

55 minutes ago, Slegr said:

They aren’t going to take our scraps. Let’s not fool ourselves here.

Pretty sure Canucks are invested heavily in Raty and think Hirose could be a real player.

The Canucks have had a nice start. The organization has started to fill the prospect pool and organizational depth chart. Don't sell off two prospects with Beauvillier for a UFA dman. Not right now.

3 hours ago, Billabong said:

tanev is the target for us 

Hughes-hronek

Cole-tanev 

Is a top 4 that could close out a tight game in the playoffs…yes playoffs 

love the idea of tanev but I'm ngl, I haven't followed up on him since he left for CGY. 

Is he still pretty much the same player we remember him as in terms of ability? Genuinely curious.

He's older now is for sure.

Edited by HuggyCareBear

Need to know Calgarys needs at this point (a lot , lol)

They probably need to think draft day.

But I’d trade Beau and Hirose,

throw Woolanin or Juulsen in there if they need an NHL ready D man.

Zadorov,  (and better if we can re-sign him before he comes) .. is only 28? Years old .

Which fills a possible void of Myers and Cole next season.

With Treliving involved with TO now,.  The flames may not want to deal with him unless he offers something far superior than Zadorov’s value..

and I don’t think Zadorov would re-sign in TO,   that team is struggling too..

which would make him a UFA end of season.

This is interesting.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Pretty sure Canucks are invested heavily in Raty and think Hirose could be a real player.

The Canucks have had a nice start. The organization has started to fill the prospect pool and organizational depth chart. Don't sell off two prospects with Beauvillier for a UFA dman. Not right now.

sign him as he moves to us..   Dan will !

• Cheers 2