[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

Might help us???

Definitely help us but it woukd depend on Zadorov.

If Zadorov already has a preferred destination then it's Milstein's job to get him a contract there with best possible terms. 

Milstein is known to have a good relationship with Canucks management team. 

I can definitely see Zadorov getting traded here and signing an extension. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Leafs are interested but have no assets to acquire big Z.

They won't trade Klingberg as it is a bad look to trade a signed UFA after 10 games. Hurts their chances of landing future players. Plus he has no trade protection and I doubt he would want to go to Alberta, Tre probably put CGY on his list for him😂

Plus leafs need dollar in dollar out. Outside of Klingberg how could they even make this work? Domi + Reeves.. LOL

Apologies to the poster a few pages back but a deal of Beau/Hirose + looked great. Hell last time Big Z was traded I believe it was for a 3rd round pick...... So it shouldn't cost us an arm and a leg.

Beau/Hirose + our 3rd..  Flames can then flip Beau at the deadline for an additional pick. Might walk away with two third rounders and a decent LD prospect. Not horrible.

I'd even upgrade that pick to a 2nd if the flames gave us their 3rd. Like suggested in previous pages

Edited by Outsiders
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Leafs are interested but have no assets to acquire big Z.

They won't trade Klingberg as it is a bad look to trade a signed UFA after 10 games. Hurts their chances of landing future players. Plus he has no trade protection and I doubt he would want to go to Alberta, Tre probably put CGY on his list for him😂

Plus leafs need dollar in dollar out. Outside of Klingberg how could they even make this work? Domi + Reeves.. LOL

Apologies to the poster a few pages back but a deal of Beau/Hirose + looked great. Hell last time Big Z was traded I believe it was for a 3rd round pick...... So it shouldn't cost us an arm and a leg.

Beau/Hirose + our 3rd..  Flames can then flip Beau at the deadline for an additional pick. Might walk away with two third rounders and a decent LD prospect. Not horrible.

I'd even upgrade that pick to a 2nd if the flames gave us their 3rd. Like suggested in previous pages

He was traded in the offseason. Prices are generally a lot higher during the season.  And add in the divisional rival tax.  

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

No one thought a Toews level player would be available, no one thought a Hronek level player would be available, no one thought a Lindholm level player would be available, Chychurn, Montour, Marino, exc.

It can happen, I'd rather save our top assets for when a primo opportunity comes.

Lots of measured takes in this thread. Yours is the best post so far.

Zadorov is not the only fish in the sea. 

I trust our management team to optimize on our acquisitions going forward. We are moving forward in the right direction,. Let’s don’t become too enamoured over a few clips of Zadorov throwing his weight around. There may be better opportunities in the not too distant future. 

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

If Zadorov already has a preferred destination then it's Milstein's job to get him a contract there with best possible terms. 

All rumors but a New Jersey hockey writer is reporting that Z would welcome a trade to the Devils now.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

he better be coming with a 50% cap retention...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Fine, Ian Cole then. Does another Ian Cole level player put us in the same echelon as Zadorov? I love what Cole has brought but I'm not convinced. Zads might not even be as reliable as Cole (though better offensively).

If we're going down this road I'd rather Hirose+2nd+Beau for Tanev. Sign Tanev to a 2 year extension at 3ish mill. 

I’m okay with Tanev too…

• Cheers 1

we are setting the bar way too low... if we trade we better be sending back salary that is of no use to us, that is the only way it makes sense... Beau for zadorov, both are over paid one is a 6th defenceman on a great team and the other is a 3rd liner on a great team...