[Weekes/Dhaliwal] Zadorov Requests Trade, Canucks/Leafs Among Interested Teams

Just now, Lemon Face said:

Ok brother we got your point

yes... im a little red... well paid or under paid players is what leads to a cup... Tampa, Vegas colorado, all had huge cap savings....

im just saying if we trade its either bad salary for bad salary or they take at least a million off his cap hit

Would be a nice addition but I don't think he will be coming over here. So don't get too excited!! I think we would have traded for him prior to the season but a deal didn't work out. So not sure what will change from prior to the season vs now trying to get him. Toronto will have a better chance in landing him vs us. 

Maybe straight up for Soucy?

Otherwise where does he fit and who does he replace in the lineup. Cole has been too good to move. He makes about the same as Soucy so capwise it would be a wash.

Is he better than Soucy? Idk, Soucy has been fine.

Edited by gradin123
  • Like 1

If the Flames are willing to trade Zadorov, then they are also willing to trade other players whose contracts are expiring this season.

In that case, I think Toronto would prefer Tanev. They already have too many LDs playing on their offside (McCabe, Brodie) and they really need a right handed shutdown style Dman in their top 4 imo. I could see the Flames making a trade of Tanev ($1m retained) in exchange for Klingberg + 2024 1st round pick.

Zadorov fits better within the Canucks roster. I could also see the Flames trading Zadorov for Beauvillier + 2025 2nd round pick.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Captain insano said:

Sorry I just don’t see where people are getting first round pick value from, did everyone quickly forget schenn only fetched a 3rd?

IMG_6632.png

since when do we base a big, physical, stay-at-home defenceman's value on his point production lol? I just love how you cropped out the only stat that would really matter in his case, the +/-

5 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Another thing about trading for and signing him is, where's that money coming from next year? 

OEL is on the books for about $5 mil? Petey's raise. Hronek. 

OEL is $2.3m next year and then $4.7m the following 2 years

Edit- got my number wrong for next year

Edited by Bure10Kuzmenko96
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Guntrix said:

I’m seeing a lot of overpayments on here for someone who’s not only on an expiring contract but has also requested a trade. 

We’ll need to send some cap back in order to make this work. Beau? 

Beau or Garland would definitely be part of it (likely Beau). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Thank you. I have been seeing some of these posts and frankly people scare the shit out of me with where this team is at and who they want to throw at a pending ufa.

Someone just asked if Soucy for Zadorov be fair wtf no. Canucks need another 4/5 guy. They can sign Bear within the month and fill that role, add depth with no asset expense.

Offseason can look to sign players. Be a major kick in the teeth to the whole process here in Vancouver to expend prospects and a roster player for Zadorov.

He averages 18 mins of ice a game. He through his agent is complaining about thinking he deserves more ice time. If he were in Vancouver he'd be earning less. He is not as steady or reliable nor have the smarts as a Cole or Soucy.

Absolutely

I think people are intrigued by the shiny new toy but some of the proposals I'm seeing is absolutely bonkers. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

If the Flames are willing to trade Zadorov, then they are also willing to trade other players whose contracts are expiring this season.

In that case, I think Toronto would prefer Tanev. They already have too many LDs playing on their offside (McCabe, Brodie) and they really need a right handed shutdown style Dman in their top 4 imo. I could see the Flames making a trade of Tanev ($1m retained) in exchange for Klingberg + 2024 1st round pick.

Zadorov fits better within the Canucks roster. I could also see the Flames trading Zadorov for Beauvillier + 2025 2nd round pick.

if flames retain 750k ill think about it... otherwise we could retain 50% on Beau ourselves... Zad at 3m is still a touch overpaid imo likely between the value of schenn and soucy... seeing as cole is better than Zad thats the best i can do...

7 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I agree in a vacuum, but sometimes you take the shot to make your team better. I don't want to lose a potentially elite player like JL or Willander for this though.

This... unless the price is wild take a punt, if they think he is good enough to improve our line up. 
If he doesn't re-sign (wants too much) so be it. The way the team is going just now, they should go full tilt for it.... nobody knows, who will be here in a year or two, so we can't fanny about, worrying about things like will he/won't he sign next year, or can he be had for nothing as a FA player. 
For all we know Petey or Hronek could be traded, if they want too much money next season, at it could put an end to the push of this team. They have the cap space this season (if they can off load Beau or Garland)... so get him in, if he can improve our D. 

This team looks legit all be it a bit light on trulence, so sign me up for it now. 

Edited by spook007
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Come on now he’s not that good. 😂

He's pretty good.   For sure an upgrade and provides us depth which of course we will need.  Comes down to the cost.   Beau would need to go the other way ... Although maybe not with retention.    A trade and sign does plug a big hole for us.   Our D goes from very good (right now), to great.   Wins cups.    NYR made a dozen trades in 94 despite already being the best team in the NHL two years in a row.    I don't mind trading futures (De-Smith) to continue the cause.    Zadarov is a rental, treat him as such what is he actually worth?   50% retained to a contender...

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

if flames retain 750k ill think about it... otherwise we could retain 50% on Beau ourselves... Zad at 3m is still a touch overpaid imo likely between the value of schenn and soucy... seeing as cole is better than Zad thats the best i can do...

I'm so glad you're not the GM

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Come on now he’s not that good. 😂

Ya he’s good but not that good. 

Canucks should sit this one out.

Not against trading for him, but it’s probably going to cost a lot.  

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1

Beau and a 3rd

for

Zodorov

Kuz - Petey - Mik

PDG - Miller - Brock

Joshua - Suter - Garland

Hogs - Blueger - Aman

Hughes - Hronek

Zodorov - Cole

Soucy - Myers

Demkohhh

DeSmith

If our coaching staff can settle down Myers this late in his career, imagine what they can do with Zodorov as well.

Getting Z now would make us serious contenders this year - that's a big and tough back end in front of Demkohhh.

• Upvote 1