[Report] Woodcroft and Manson have been Fired, Ken Holland may be next

I'm a bit confused they didn't just fire him this morning, but now they're going into their last away game before a big homestand.  All the talk tomorrow on Hockey Night in Canada will be about Jay Woodcroft.  And God forbid, they keep him on the return back to Edmonton?  The fanbase is going to torch that man alive.

"Fire Wilson" - you cannot let this happen to your coach if you have any pride or integrity.

• Cheers 1

I called this first game of the season... guy was a complete tool in the after hours talks and i kept watching him justifying his teams play for the next 11 games... this is how you get fired if your team shits the bed... anyways he will likely get another job if he learns from his mistakes about being too agreeable...

6 hours ago, Shekky said:

According to rumors its possible that these guys are being let go after the Oilers current road trip.

My gut feeling is that the Oilers will go on a major hot streak at some point this season and make things interesting.  

They have too much talent.  Could be similar to the Canucks of 21/22 but with a happier ending.  

I think Calgary is done like dinner though.  Can't see them making the playoffs this year and they'll certainly have their mouths full of urethras so to speak.  

I could Seattle picking things up and I can also see Anaheim plummeting at some point.  

I see the Canucks, Kings, and Oilers fighting for 2nd, 3rd, and WC.   (I think the Nucks will eventually get an injury to 1-2 core players and will plateau a little bit as a result.......before picking it up again).  

Who is on the Board of the Edmonton Oilers? How many hockey people do they have to burn thru? I remember McTavish was a desperation hire and that was how many coaches ago? Hitchcock? on and on.....

When you look at the TOI distribution it smacks of desperation. Two forwards dominate the TOI almost every game. How do you build a true contender when the bottom 6 get as little ice as they do. It undermines their development and reinforces a team belief that the top 2 guys can bail them out each game. What does that do to team unity? 

How are the Canucks different? Full credit to RT and his coaches. Yes, accountability to your coaches but also to your team mates. Both EP40 and Hughes went on record this summer about how much they hated losing and what they were doing to change that. Not only did they give a heads up to ownership and management that there was a limit to their patience but also a heads up to their team mates. Obviously management took their concerns to heart and were able to add players who are making a difference. Was it Shorty or some other broadcaster who made the observation that Canucks players all have different coaches that compliment their particular strengths that they can talk too.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

My gut feeling is that the Oilers will go on a major hot streak at some point this season and make things interesting.  

They have too much talent.  Could be similar to the Canucks of 21/22 but with a happier ending.  

I think Calgary is done like dinner though.  Can't see them making the playoffs this year and they'll certainly have their mouths full of urethras so to speak.  

I could Seattle picking things up and I can also see Anaheim plummeting at some point.  

I see the Canucks, Kings, and Oilers fighting for 2nd, 3rd, and WC.   (I think the Nucks will eventually get an injury to 1-2 core players and will plateau a little bit as a result.......before picking it up again).  

The oils go as mcdrai go. This losing steak helped expose how top heavy they are. I don't remember a time when mcdrai was this bad. 

There's too many holes on this team. They need a goalie, at least 2 better d men, a better bottom 6.

Can't make all those improvements. Mcdrai is not good enough to fill/cover all those holes

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Alf relishes in the suffering of other clubs’ fans. Oilers fans suffer double. Their team is a disaster and they live in Edmonton. 
Knowing this makes Alf happy. 

Edmonton: where the best kids in hockey go to stifle their careers. 

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Should probably wait until tomorrow, otherwise it's kind of in bad taste.

When a league has a team:

- that kicks the coach they just fired off the bus during a road trip,

- that hides crimes of a sexual nature for years, and then gets punished with a slap on the wrist,

- that promotes gambling (like the rest of the league) but can't stand up for its player that sampled the product,

- that hires a known bully as coach in the offseason and then promptly fires them before the pre-season begins...

...what's that about a bad taste house-cleaning?  :classic_ninja: 

It's actually par for the course, and I wouldn't expect much less.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

Oilers gotta figure out a way to get Nurse and Campbell off the books with as little retention as possible, trade for a legit goalie, and find some secondary scoring and defense.  Likely will take 3-4 firsts and multiple mid round picks and some other players / prospects but it is likely what needs to be done if they want to salvage the situatuon in a hurry with their big 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

When a league has a team:

- that kicks the coach they just fired off the bus during a road trip,

- that hides crimes of a sexual nature for years, and then gets punished with a slap on the wrist,

- that promotes gambling (like the rest of the league) but can't stand up for its player that sampled the product,

- that hires a known bully as coach in the offseason and then promptly fires them before the pre-season begins...

...what's that about a bad taste house-cleaning?  :classic_ninja: 

It's actually par for the course, and I wouldn't expect much less.

Oilers fired Ralph Krueger by Skype. Wonder if they can top that classy move this time around.