[Report] Woodcroft and Manson have been Fired, Ken Holland may be next

17 hours ago, amplified0ne said:

Woodcroft to LA at some point? 

Doubt it. McLellan is an excellent coach. I was just thinking the other day that they should of kept McLellan longer in Edmonton. No one blames the players, lack of development, lack of leadership and team play from McD. He's actually a coach killer when it comes down to it.

• Upvote 1

I'm a little surprised at Woodcroft's firing. However, that also means it's probably not out of the realm of possibility that Holland gets fired sooner than we think if things don't turn around for Edmonton.

That being said, and perhaps this is a hot take, but I have a hard time seeing Edmonton being a bottom feeder for long which would mean Holland doesn't get fired probably.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

This shouldn't be funny. Two people just got fired because of an underperforming team.

I suggest not to look in so heavily into people's opinions about it. They're a rival; therefore, of course people here are going to laugh. Also, consider how much money those people were making and the fact that they will find other jobs likely very quickly. Hardly much to grieve about there. Sucks for them but that's the industry.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

This shouldn't be funny. Two people just got fired because of an underperforming team.

They still get paid now just to not coach or manage. Also the team isn't under performing... this team has relied on two or three players for far to long. 

Real talk They have absolutely no defense and AHL level goaltending.  Without McDavid playing God mode they're about where you'd expect them to be.

Oilers aren't going to ever accomplish anything until they build a proper D and bring in a NHL qualtity tender ... Hell they've wasted half McDavid (27) and Draisaitle's (28) careers already. Any other team gifted that many high picks would have accomplished something.

Edit: I also forgot to mention they're horrific cap management, the albatross Nurse contraxt for 9.25 when he's worth 4.25 max and to cap the massive massive overpayment they gave him a Full NMC until the final 3 years and the Campbell soup fiasco for 5 whatever million 👍 

Ken Holland must be a complete idiot for those contracts especially Nurse.. to throw in a NMC ontop of his salary... it's not like anyone else would overpay that much and to add the NMC, that's horrific judgement and disgusting cap allocation. His head should be on the block and the first to fall.

Edited by Bobby Lou
  • ThereItIs 2

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How does Ken Holland still have a job?

Is it a GM problem? It appears to me that McDav and Drais are running the team. The coach has to break their games down and make them more accountable on the d-side. It sort of reminded me when the Twins dominated play. Their team mates tried to copy their games and were roasted. In the game last night there were 3 Oilers infront of their net watching the Cane player behind the net. The Cane d-man came off the point and potted an easy goal without any check. 

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Is it a GM problem? It appears to me that McDav and Drais are running the team. The coach has to break their games down and make them more accountable on the d-side. It sort of reminded me when the Twins dominated play. Their team mates tried to copy their games and were roasted. In the game last night there were 3 Oilers infront of their net watching the Cane player behind the net. The Cane d-man came off the point and potted an easy goal without any check. 

Only having one NHL defenceman and no NHL goalies is a GM problem, as is not suspending McDiver and Crysaitl due to their refusal to play like men or backcheck.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Only having one NHL defenceman and no NHL goalies is a GM problem, as is not suspending McDiver and Crysaitl due to their refusal to play like men or backcheck.

The media's refusal to call out those two is embarrassing as well. Goalies, coaches, my favorite, bad luck. They give every excuse but hardly ever call out those two for their shinny hockey play in their own zone. 

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

The media's refusal to call out those two is embarrassing as well. Goalies, coaches, my favorite, bad luck. They give every excuse but hardly ever call out those two for their shinny hockey play in their own zone. 

People seem to think their offence excuses their laziness but you can't hold the rest of the team accountable when your best two players are cancers in the room who don't care about winning.

• Upvote 2