[PGT] Canucks at Leafs - Fate worse than death edition

Though it was a lost, thought the team competed hard for the most part - the Leafs managed to get some third-four line scoring which made the difference.  Anytime you can shut out Marner and Matthews in a game, I am not complaining - need to work on the execution details and a little more emotion as RT put it.   

Expect a LOT of speed and counter-attacks by the Habs so the Canuck D  need to aware of their coverage zones.  I prefer they play a more patient game at the start and to minimize the turnovers in the neutral zone or Montreal will feast on the opportunities.  Lets see if they can gather at least a point tomorrow.

Go Canucks

Ugh.  was streaming this on ESPN.  took a break after the first to walk the dog and have dinner.  Felt pretty good, being up 2-1.  When I went back to the game, it was after 7pm, so the game was done in real time.

This meant I had to go to a separate menu to select the game, and for some stupid reason, ESPN puts individual highlights right below the list of games On Demand.  The highlight was Kampf's goal. So, my first though is Oh crap, Leafs get another goal.

Then Nylander scores.  Crap, still Kampf's to come.  Then Gregor scored. Then Robertson.

Also, the highlight listed is often by the winning team.

Sucks going along knowing they were gonna lose.

Full marks to Leaf PK. Even though we were 2 for 3 in the 1st, they were consistently putting on pressure, making it tough to get set up.

Oh well, better wake up for tomorrow and beat the Habs.  Win the road trip, boys!

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Who the hell said it was guaranteed anything on this trip ? The Leafs are a top 3 regular season team in the league the last 2 years ffs 

Lol read the posts leading up to the Ottawa game. Quite a few posters thinking with the way the teams had been playing that they should be won games. 

7 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Though it was a lost, thought the team competed hard for the most part - the Leafs managed to get some third-four line scoring which made the difference.  Anytime you can shut out Marner and Matthews in a game, I am not complaining - need to work on the execution details and a little more emotion as RT put it.   

Expect a LOT of speed and counter-attacks by the Habs so the Canuck D  need to aware of their coverage zones.  I prefer they play a more patient game at the start and to minimize the turnovers in the neutral zone or Montreal will feast on the opportunities.  Lets see if they can gather at least a point tomorrow.

Go Canucks

I agree, they weren't lazy tonight, just sloppy and over matched 

• Vintage 1

They were due for a game like this. I just wish it hadn’t been the Leafs though. It feels like Toronto came in very focused, not wanting to be embarrassed in their barn. Both teams played defensively sloppy, but Leafs played with more pressure. 
I’m normally super bummed when losing to the Leafs, but our current record still has me upbeat. Time to crush the Habs tomorrow.

That's too bad. Really wanted this win. I'm sure the boys did too. Toronto played a very good game. The high pressure fast skating game didn't give us much room. The loss wasn't from lack of trying. I felt like we came out hard and played well but Toronto matched it and got some greasy goals. 

• Cheers 1