[PGT] Canucks at Leafs - Fate worse than death edition

Roger Neilsons Towel

Sucks to lose to the leafs. Can't wait to hear all the Toronto media spin this for the next week as "the leafs are the best team in the league".

However if the canucks are going to give 2 points away its best that they give them to the eastern conference. 

Edited by Coryberg
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's easy to forget how new the systems are, it's going to take a full season to break the bad habits learned under Green and Bruce.

I expect the team to continue improving throughout the year.  It’s part of why I’m not super concerned about statistical regression.  We’ve built a little bit of a cushion.  When the team fully gels (they’re on their way) under RT they won’t have to fight their way out of a hole.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

From the opening of the 2nd we were just not sharp. Mental errors all over. Soucy couldn't clear it when he usually does we get trapped, gets their 2nd goal (Demko should have hugged his left post there, got caught out a bit). 3rd goal we got caught in transition off a Cole shot, Gregor comes in and Demko wants that one back for sure, Fried was meh, Kuz needed that back check more, we usually get that stop but looked a bit sloppy. I think we got caught playing offense on that goal, not good idea on the road. 4th goal Huggy fumbled it out from behind right into our crease, was a gimme gift goal. Petie and Kuz not alert defensively on that one. 5th goal was a fourth line goal, Demko was screened and they get a pin ball bounce into our net. I think we lost all the wind from our sails by that time. Their 4th line out hussled us for that 5th goal. 

They came at us hard early in the 2nd and stole our momentum in those first few minutes. We have to steely up to keep that lead. Our road game will get better as we go forward I'm sure. I'm sure the coaches will reset them for tonight. 

Go Canucks GO!!

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

As a fan of this team, I feel a need to hold my breath and "hang on" now for another win. It's too close to hitting a skid when play drops off and we have a loss that seems like we were scrambling and sloppy out there at times. The all too familiar "uh oh, here we go" resurfaces (unfounded or not). 

I hope they reel it in and don't fall into bad habits...I can't be confident until I see them rebound and regain the form that we've seen in a few games. It's like we're on the cusp but can be pushed over to either side. I hope the team doesn't relax with a bit of a point buffer in place...that would be disastrous because it's early on and other teams can easily catch fire (and catch them). Pedal to the metal boys.

I hate anxiety and what if's.

Go Canucks Go...I believe in you, but no time to "settle" in with comfort and complacency.

Good post!  They seemed like an entirely different team with not enough urgency last night. Not a good look at all. 

• Cheers 3

10 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Joshua for fooling us all thinking he could somewhat fight jesus

Joshua had a good night compared to others.  He doesn't have to technically win a fight. He was making hard hits. And not one...but two of those hits resulted in retaliation penalties we scored on. That is a successful evening for Dakota IMO.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

3 Reasons the Canucks Lost

1. Demko wasn't good

2. Pettersson wasn't good

3. Joshua got his ass kicked by old man Gio and that fired up the Leafs

3. That was not an ass kicking, Joahua ate one good punch like it was candy. Tough dude. We ended up 2-1 after the first and were out shooting them 12-4. Both Joshua and Cole did very good things in the opening frame

Was a disjointed game and Demko didn't bail us out.

On to the next.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

46 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

As a fan of this team, I feel a need to hold my breath and "hang on" now for another win. It's too close to hitting a skid when play drops off and we have a loss that seems like we were scrambling and sloppy out there at times. The all too familiar "uh oh, here we go" resurfaces (unfounded or not). 

I hope they reel it in and don't fall into bad habits...I can't be confident until I see them rebound and regain the form that we've seen in a few games. It's like we're on the cusp but can be pushed over to either side. I hope the team doesn't relax with a bit of a point buffer in place...that would be disastrous because it's early on and other teams can easily catch fire (and catch them). Pedal to the metal boys.

I hate anxiety and what if's.

Go Canucks Go...I believe in you, but no time to "settle" in with comfort and complacency. Or hit the panic button. Regroup, listen to the coaches and do what works.

Believe in blue and green

and black, and white, and yellow, and orange 😁

Haha, I have faith we'll see a strong rebound but I know how you're feeling. 

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Joshua had a good night compared to others.  He doesn't have to technically win a fight. He was making hard hits. And not one...but two of those hits resulted in retaliation penalties we scored on. That is a successful evening for Dakota IMO.

People put ego into fighting too much, scared to perceive a 'loss' even if maybe they have never actually fought much themselves. Records are for djs. Just scrap and show your teammates you will answer the bell. That's what matters. Joshua had a good game last night. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

People put ego into fighting too much, scared to perceive a 'loss' even if maybe they have never actually fought much themselves. Records are for djs. Just scrap and show your teammates you will answer the bell. That's what matters. Joshua had a good game last night. 

Don't fight if you can't. Especially if your 6'3 210. Should have done boxing lessons with Kuz in off season

• Jess unpinned and unfeatured this topic
2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I agree. Sometimes the opponent comes on stronger than expected, one might hold off thinking it's going to be just some shoving, then boom you get one right on the kisser. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Blue said:

Nobody's giving the team credit for coming out physical. Joshua and the Coledozer delivered 2 text book hits and drew penalties 

Those 2 goals were imperative,  too bad we wasted them. Who cares about nit picking the fights. Joshua and Cole always show up which is what you want. Especially taking Gio out of the game.