[PGT] Canucks at Leafs - Fate worse than death edition

Roger Neilsons Towel

11 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Team looked disorganized and even with the many PPs they were gifted, they did nothing with them. Demko can't win in Toronto, probably should've started Demko last night and DeSmith tonight, but that seems crazy, right? Not really, again, Demko can't win in Toronto.

I was a bit embarrassed for the Canucks watching this game, all this hype about their fast start. They looked like a non-playoff team to me. 

He is now 1-4-0. I remember we beat Toronto like 11 or 12 in arow from 2006-2013, those were fun. Then Torts came in and ever since that season, we have only been able to split home and home games with them each season.

10 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Quite a few of our players had poor games but sure didn't like the way Pettersson played. Hughes was off as well.

Passes being thrown all over the place, except where they needed to be.

Just listened to the very end of Montreal Boston game only to hear Shorthoues and Garrett. What's wrong with the world...

Petterson was puck watching all night. He usually competes hard but has looked a little off most of the season. He must be playing injured.

Knies did a great job forechecking Hughes all night. Hughes couldn’t find his usual time and space to control the break out and, as a result, found himself battling for pucks along the boards in his own end all night. It will be interesting to see who else can actually skate with Hughes this season because he has been so dominant. 

That said, the whole team seemed just a little bit off. Have to give credit to the Leafs for making it hard for them with their speed and reads, but the boys were not executing tonight. Even when they found time and space, they were throwing errant passes into skates or off the boards to nobody. Hopefully they can get back in the driver’s seat and dictate the game tomorrow.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

I've finally learned, after decades of watching the Canucks, to really enjoy the wins and not focus on the losses at all. When they play a bad game I avoid the forum for the most part (I'm sure there's lots of sky is falling posts right now!) and go play some video games or watch a show to take my mind off things.

Every team in the league, even the top ones, play some stinkers and unless this becomes a trend over the next 10 games, I'm not worried. Canucks will be 10-4-1 after Montreal and that's a damn fine record!

Edit: Haha I am bad at the mathematics. Canucks will be 11-3-1!! I was not predicting a loss!

Edited by Strawbone
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

They better.

This was an old Canucks night. We've had 2 of those so far, I don't want to see anymore.

They completely quit playing, generated nothing against a terrible defensive team, ugh. 

this didn't look the same as philly to me. philly looked mental, tonight looked like they didn't have their legs. no forecheck, no back pressure, no stepping up in the neutral zone. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Well if thats the case we play again tommorrow, so they better be sleeping with IV's in or something, Idk.

could easily be a body clock issue as opposed to a straight up fatigue issue. 

I think weve been so used to watching a bad team for years that any bump in the road will make the fanbase feel like they will go back to some bad default we have been watching for a long time.

Tocchet's has this team at a 100+ point pace going back to last year. Its not like this is all one big fluke. They have filled holes on the D and brought in good role players for the bottom 6.  They probably arent the juggernaut their record suggests this year but i dont think we should read too much into this one - they are a good team.  They played fine against Ottawa also - their high danger chances were minimized and lots of shots came from the perimeter.

I wish they had another heavy top 6 forward that can play on EP's line. Im praying that guy can be Podz one day. Some might not like this but lots of people talking about moving garland...the guy I would move is Kuz to fill a team deficiency. I love the kid but hes got enough of a resume / reputation to get us an effective player to fill a team need.

• Like 1