[PGT] Canucks at Leafs - Fate worse than death edition

Roger Neilsons Towel

Demko looked a little off tonight.  He has  been rock solid all season so a pass is definitely in order.  Lots of puck luck for the leafs.  So many passes in the d zone going off skates to leaf players.

oh well!  Hope we play with a bit more urgency tomorrow night.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

No it was bad.

They stopped playing at 2-1.

After the Leafs tied it what good chance did they have?? (outside of Hughes hitting the bar on an individual effort). Nothing. They were down by 1 goal heading into the 3rd and got no good scoring chances against a horrific defensive team.

We made Toronto - averaging 4 goals against at home - look like the 95 Devils. It was bad.

We had a 2 goal freaking lead, scored the 1st and out-shot them for christ sake. And kept the big 3 off the sheet

Edited by Blue
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, van_can_fan said:

At least the loss tonight makes that an easy call for him

Based on Garland's play, I'm assuming it'll be someone else coming out

I think Suter, Garland, and Mikheyev had pretty good games. Garland tried the hardest of everyone in the third period and he was everywhere for us.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

We had a 2 goal freaking lead, scored the 1st and out-shot them for christ sake

We didn't, we score first, they tied, we scored again, they tied again.

They matched us blow for blow (sure the goals were lucky/against the run)

First time the Leafs scored we folded the tent & took our bags home. Again after the 2-2 goal, what good scoring chance did we have? Hughes hit the bar, can't think of any others. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

33 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Anybody but Toronto

Toronto media tomorrow: "Canucks are all smoke and no fire" I hate to see it

It is only one game.  We wont' see the city of Toronto until next year.    Every team in the league is targeting us now and it's a new experience.  It will eventually become a habit and we raise the standard even if they are lull.  Win-win.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, dannydog said:

Habs beat Boston so it’s not a guaranteed win like most thought this 3 game eastern swing was gonna be.

Who the hell said it was guaranteed anything on this trip ? The Leafs are a top 3 regular season team in the league the last 2 years ffs 

• Vintage 1

The outcome I predicted.  I actually thought they skated well, but wrre unbelievably sloppy and completely ineffective 5v5.  I think this is probably the real team........a likely wildcard/bubble team.  I expect tomorrow will be a similar outcome.

They need to shake up the lines, Petey's line has fallen off the cliff.