[PGT] Canucks at Leafs - Fate worse than death edition

Roger Neilsons Towel

27 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

They better.

This was an old Canucks night. We've had 2 of those so far, I don't want to see anymore.

They completely quit playing, generated nothing against a terrible defensive team, ugh. 

The issue is the scheduling.  We had to travel twice in less than a month, cross-continental.   It is not an ideal travelling schedule.  We probably logged in most travelling of any team so far.  No wonder that Rick said that we were playing on a plane leg on Thursday.  Most ideal travelling is 6-8 weeks after coming back home and we have gone over there less than a month.  It is exactly a month after the season opener tonight.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

The only part I really didn't like was that goal where Demko didn't lock down the post. Otherwise game could have gone either way. 

Yeah, no.  Tye Canucks were no threat at all, aside from the two Pp's.  They've been ineffective 5v5 going on 3-4 games now

12 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Good thing is that we kept Matthews and Marner and Tavares off scoresheet. I didn’t see Matthews a threat tonight 

Their depth players outplayed Nux depth players.

All 5 goals were 5 on 5.  So uncharacteristic.   

Hope Bleuger is ready to go tomorrow.  Tocchet said he's going in. 

Need a shake up. 

Edited by Jaimito

Well so far the good news is JTM is showing his to earn his 8m & lead by example. It should help to get Petey signed at a fair contract of less than 12m. Imo about 11m more only when he ups his game to the next level other than just points. Even then I don’t think any player is worth more than 11m or even that much. Yes, McD included cuz doesn’t leave enough pie to go around. 11-12m only goes to a player who drags his team to a Cup never before then. so Petey wants 12m then he has to earn it.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

And then quit playing, & handed the Leafs 2 points. 

As far as I'm aware there's no rule saying you have to surrender points after the 13 game mark, yet thats what we did tonight.

Did you know...................that the 1985 Oilers lost hockey games?

28 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I've finally learned, after decades of watching the Canucks, to really enjoy the wins and not focus on the losses at all. When they play a bad game I avoid the forum for the most part (I'm sure there's lots of sky is falling posts right now!) and go play some video games or watch a show to take my mind off things.

Every team in the league, even the top ones, play some stinkers and unless this becomes a trend over the next 10 games, I'm not worried. Canucks will be 10-4-1 after Montreal and that's a damn fine record!

I wouldn't count those chickens just yet.  Montreal is fast and physical.  They're young and take a lot of penalties though.  So that can be exploited.  But it's far from a guaranteed win 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Did you know...................that the 1985 Oilers lost hockey games?

If we had been the 84 Oilers last season, or 83 Oilers the year before, I'd be less concerned. 😂

Look I'm still confident, I think theyll come ready tomorrow & take care of business, but I'm not going to sugar coat the game tonight.

The Leafs are one of the worst defensive teams in the league, and we generated next to no scoring chances in the last 30 minutes when the game was up for grabs. It was just a stinker, gotta call a spade a spade.