[PGT] Canucks at Leafs - Fate worse than death edition

Roger Neilsons Towel

So a lot of leafs goals came from odd bounces and broken plays. Vancouver had a higher goal expectancy, we were slightly outdone in high danger attempts... PK was good, PP was good. Leafs just did better in and around the net in both ends. Sucks to lose, cant win em all. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SV. said:

The team got humbled, I thought.

Not to worry, the next game is soon enough, so no better time to bounce back and get things right again.

Its the eastern swing. Our jet legs won't be completely gone.

Prepare for the much dreaded 2 game losing skid. 

2 minutes ago, SV. said:

Not to worry, the next game is soon enough, so no better time to bounce back and get things right again.

It's been a slow, gradual decline for 3-4 games.  I think we're starting to see the real team settle in.

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, hat generally sucked.... lol

We got a little over confident and underestimated their speed in our zone. There's a number of guys who had bad games tonight...including Pettersson

Petey's been bad going on 3 games, Hughes as well

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, SV. said:

Tampa Bay lost 4-0 at home against Carolina tonight. It happens. I know Carolina is a strong team, but so is Tampa.

It's a crap result, but we have to be better, more focused. Hopefully tomorrow against the Habs. 

Looking forward to tomorrow and how we respond, that will tell a lot about where we are as a team and how far we still have to go. IMHO we are headed in the right direction and even if it takes a couple years to be Cup contenders I can live with that after living a decade of the wimpy ass marshmallow soft joke of a team we were.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Tampa Bay lost 4-0 at home against Carolina tonight. It happens. I know Carolina is a strong team, but so is Tampa.

It's a crap result, but we have to be better, more focused. Hopefully tomorrow against the Habs. 

Boston lost to Montreal for the first time in years. It was a reversal Tuesday today

• Cheers 1