[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens, Bell Centre, Nov 12 - 4PM PST (7PM EST), the Well Frack, 2 outta 3 ain't bad game

Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Hughes is uncharacteristically making a lot of really really really poor decisions on defense. He's just backing up and not engaging. 

I have a theory ....

Western Conf teams know and have seen the Hughes-Hronik dominance, so forwards are hesitant and back off.  Eastern teams have no such history of being burned so forecheck relentlessly.  So the HH combo hss no time to work their magic

15 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Production does not mean you’re playing good hockey.

Like I said it’s early and I know he has another level in his game..he’s better than what we are seeing.

He can be better, no doubt.

So can a lot of them.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

Disagree entirely. He was TANGLED up with the forward and left him all alone. Myers was at the blue line. Joshua took his spot. 

Yeah because Joshua was covering for the defenders. Once you're finished covering for them you rotate back to your position once your coverage is recovered by the position you're backing up.

Otherwise there's just one man out there with nobody to defend (in this case would have been Hughes, and you'd prefer Hughes to defend down low in his natural position over Joshua). 

Anybody that's played a team sport like hockey competitively will say this. This is something you learn around 12 years old. It's basic rotation.

You'd prefer Joshua stay with his man and have Hughes standing around covering nobody while Montreal has an open man available somewhere else on the ice?